Spring Transfer Portal

Advertisement
Mario follows him on Twitter, he had an Oregon offer according to 247Sports.

I was scrolling and only saw the top of your post and thought you were posting that he follows Seth Emerson….

You aren't really going to find many impact guys after spring.
I don’t know how true this line of thinking is going to hold up

We landed Mesidor this time last year

I get where the concept comes from but I don’t think it’s fair to predict the future at this point because this is an absolute **** show. Tampering, free agency etc

We really have no precedent to make these kinds of statements

I don’t know how true this line of thinking is going to hold up

We landed Mesidor this time last year

I get where the concept comes from but I don’t think it’s fair to predict the future at this point because this is an absolute **** show. Tampering, free agency etc

We really have no precedent to make these kinds of statements
True and while Jackson disappointed and left, he was a big pick up at the time.

Advertisement
True and while Jackson disappointed and left, he was a big pick up at the time.
I do agree that in general we will see most of the big guys leave in December

But this whole thing has become so wild teams are gonna pull out all the stops in the spring to finalize rosters

Legit players will be there to be had for the price, I mean just look at the TVD situation and you can see how this is gonna become the norm

Cormani in the portal yet?

let it go GIF

Advertisement
I do agree that in general we will see most of the big guys leave in December

But this whole thing has become so wild teams are gonna pull out all the stops in the spring to finalize rosters

Legit players will be there to be had for the price, I mean just look at the TVD situation and you can see how this is gonna become the norm

Yes. It is wild. So if the expectation is that “teams are gonna pull out all the stops in the spring to finalize rosters”, then Miami needs to be one of those teams…

Advertisement
Unfortunately this is one of the downfalls of not hiring your staff in December after the season.

Lance Guidry was hired Feb 15th
Shannon Dawson hired Feb 14th
Kevin Beard hired March 7th
Tim Harris hired Feb 21st
Derek Nicholson hired Feb 14th

The winter portal ended January 18th and I'm sure all the rumors of us replacing several coaches effected us in the portal.

The damning part is all of those guys could have easily been hired in December…literally all of them were available. We did not hire any NFL staffers or anyone that a 2 month delay was necessary or justified to “get our guy”. There’s a fine line between due diligence and dilly dallying & Mario is consistently in the latter. Absolutely **** poor operations management from someone getting paid 8 million a year to steer the ship. There’s some things Mario has done well and I applaud him for thinking outside of his normal comfort zone hiring S. Dawson but someone needs to get his a** on a timeline with personnel timing and logistics.

Side note- this is the 2nd year in a row we get the whole “the spring portal will be jumping” narrative out of Hecht. I’m not sure who is responsible for that whether it be an analyst or some third party consultant but whoever it is needs to be fired ASAP.

Advertisement
The damning part is all of those guys could have easily been hired in December…literally all of them were available. We did not hire any NFL staffers or anyone that a 2 month delay was necessary or justified to “get our guy”. There’s a fine line between due diligence and dilly dallying & Mario is consistently in the latter. Absolutely **** poor operations management from someone getting paid 8 million a year to steer the ship. There’s some things Mario has done well and I applaud him for thinking outside of his normal comfort zone hiring S. Dawson but someone needs to get his a** on a timeline with personnel timing and logistics.

Side note- this is the 2nd year in a row we get the whole “the spring portal will be jumping” narrative out of Hecht. I’m not sure who is responsible for that whether it be an analyst or some third party consultant but whoever it is needs to be fired ASAP.
I really don't get why he handles coaching searches the way he does.

I really don't get why he handles coaching searches the way he does.

I’ve seen before he gets it from Saban. The issue is what works for Nick Saban and Alabama won’t work everywhere else. It’s not a one size fits all approach. Bama can recruit for periods of time with no coordinators or position coaches because the program is on cruise control and sells itself. We are not in that position.

Advertisement
Back