Spring Transfer Portal

Advertisement
Every team Mario has been on/HC’d has been built brick by brick..this one will not be different my boy. I know you’re top flight of the world patrol n all but it’s called building a team. Times are changing with NIL and transfer rules but one thing is constant, you build your roster with high school kids and coach em up.

The top teams finishing in the top 4/6 are all the same. &they are deliberate in the portal not DESPERATE like some of you come off. He wants something that’ll actually last, not 1/2 year wonders.

Those teams were all built pre Portal/NIL.

There needs to be a balance in the new world and to adapt accordingly.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mauigoa-starter
Brown-starter
Lee-starter
Cohen-starter
McCormick-starter in Run sets
Deen-possible starter
Roberts-Special Teams starter
Gore-back end rotational DL
The first four guys were huge pickups and will definitely help the team.

Deen and McCormick will have niche roles. I like Deen as a third down pass rusher inside.

Roberts and Gore are looking like guys we should have passed on.

I like this year's group of transfers a lot more than last year's when we took guys who were worse than the players we already had at a lot of positions.

What we paying our ******* portal guy to do?
What we paying our ******* portal guy to do?
1682173207907.jpeg

Mario follows him on Twitter, he had an Oregon offer according to 247Sports.

He's really close with Addae, I wouldn't be surprised if he entered the portal with the plan on coming here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Agreed, although it will be interesting to see if the Norvell model of using the transfer portal as your foundation and high school recruiting as the supplement can be sustainable for any period of time.

My problem with that method (Norvell) is you have to NAIL almost ALL HS evaluations because the portal is unpredictable. Down portal + poor evals = automatic 3 year roster build. Focusing on HS recruiting and evals allows you to consistently bring in the right position numbers and going after known commodities (portal) to supplement the roster. Even if the portal is down, it’s not the end of the world. I guess we’ll see.

Mauigoa-starter
Brown-starter
Lee-starter
Cohen-starter
McCormick-starter in Run sets
Deen-possible starter
Robert-Special Teams starter
Don’t forget DPJ is corner #2 right now, Mesidor is DE #1, Darrell Jackson was DT #2 (or #1, however highly you think of LT), Agude was #2 edge, Colbie Young #1 WR, Parrish #1 RB…

We’ve hit on far more portal guys than people realize, even if they aren’t bonafide studs…it’s still miles better than the alternative.

The issue is the misses have been borderline unplayable, and with a roster lacking serious depth, every miss further compounds that.

Don’t forget DPJ is corner #2 right now, Mesidor is DE #1, Darrell Jackson was DT #2 (or #1, however highly you think of LT), Agude was #2 edge, Colbie Young #1 WR, Parrish #1 RB…

We’ve hit on far more portal guys than people realize, even if they aren’t bonafide studs…it’s still miles better than the alternative.

The issue is the misses have been borderline unplayable, and with a roster lacking serious depth, every miss further compounds that.
Young was juco

Advertisement
Those teams were all build pre Portal/NIL.

There needs to be a balance in the new world and to adapt accordingly.
No it doesn’t..as much as I hate to admit it the OhSt, Bama, UGA, NotreLame model is what Cristobal is appealing to..NOT YOUR view of what the model is because even that will change. Of the past 10-15 years those schools have followed suit & been cream of the crop in most years. They aren’t grabbing 15-20 kids in the portal (nor probably have they ever) because that’s not how you sustain your position.

Advertisement
Back