Spring Transfer Portal

Advertisement
You're making some good points there.

**** "last year's record" or "recruiting rankings".

I know that F$U has struggled on OL for years. If our revamped DL can pressure the QB and our restored DB corps can stay close to F$U's tall receivers...

And I certainly think our OL can withstand what their DL will throw at us...

Game is in Tally, it's an uphill battle, but we have the potential to surprise them. And we have NO IDEA what the injury situation will be like for a late-season game.
They played us when we had 3rd string players starting and a bunch of guys who checked out. I think FSU will be shocked. Perhaps not if we knock off TAMU and show up in Tally with maybe 1 loss.

I'm very optimistic for this season for the simple fact that last year's team was not only injured, but dysfunctional with the coaches and some of the players. I feel really good about both Guidry and Dawson. I think we take a huge leap forward in offensive and defensive statistics.

We keep saying it, but this is really the year the team has to beat the teams they are supposed to beat and that includes UNC and Duke. UNC lost a lot of players and their OC. They had a weak recruiting class and I'm not sure they did well in th portal. We not only need to beat UNC and Duke, we need to dominate them. Play "big boy" football and show them they don't belong.

Last edited:
They played us when we had 3rd string players starting and a bunch of guys who checked out. I think FSU will be shocked. Perhaps not if we knock off TAMU and show up in Tally with maybe 1 loss.

I'm very optimistic for this season for the simple fact that last year's team was not only injured, but dysfunctional with the coaches and some of the players. I feel really good about both Guidry and Dawson. I think we take a huge leap in offensive and defensive statistics.

We keep saying it, but this is really the year the team has to beat the teams they are supposed to beat and that includes UNC and Duke. UNC lost a lot of players and their OC. They had a weak recruiting class and I'm not sure they did well in th portal. We not only need to beat UNC and Duke, we need to dominate them. Play "big boy" football and show them they don't belong.

I'm pretty bullish that we will see a big turnaround this year, but I think 8 wins is the ceiling (4 - I hate this phrase - quality losses; ie. non-blow outs looking like we actually belong). 9 with some good bounces.

As you said, from coaches down last year was such a cluster**** that removing that I think gets us 1-2 wins itself. Just with 'good' coaching from atrocious. Add Dawson and Guidry + Cohen + Lee + Fransisco + Brown + Richard can get us another 1-2 improvement.

4 max with luck improvement. Probably a solid 3 game improvement + a bowl win hopefully for 9-4.

I'm pretty bullish that we will see a big turnaround this year, but I think 8 wins is the ceiling (4 - I hate this phrase - quality losses; ie. non-blow outs looking like we actually belong). 9 with some good bounces.

As you said, from coaches down last year was such a cluster**** that removing that I think gets us 1-2 wins itself. Just with 'good' coaching from atrocious. Add Dawson and Guidry + Cohen + Lee + Fransisco + Brown + Richard can get us another 1-2 improvement.

4 max with luck improvement. Probably a solid 3 game improvement + a bowl win hopefully for 9-4.
I think the wins and losses are on the back burner for me

The eyeball test is where I’m at

Like last year yeah 5-7 is terrible but HOW we looked getting to 5-7 was the worst thing I’ve ever seen as a fan here

I’m optimistic expecting we see signs of a team ready to start winning. They could go 7-6 or 8-5, 6-7….but the devil will be in the details.

Are we adjusting and getting better as the year goes along?

Are we seeing younger players developing? Are we seeing castoffs suddenly making an impact? Are we winning games that maybe we shouldn’t have? Are we making the clutch plays that swing the momentum?

**** like that will tell us more about the direction of the program

To me this is the most important season in recent memory for me (thinking long term and Mario’s future trajectory)

Advertisement
its been beat to death but FSU had everything go there way last year. This year statistically that likely wont happen. They have some talented players but also some overvalued players. But everything goes through Travis. If you have ends who can run a bit and and MLB who can run you negate his impact on the game. He cant scramble and buy his tall receiver 6-7 seconds. You can bet LSU is going to have Perkins light him up early to send a message.

That being said the Schedule is still very easy overall and 9-10 wins will likely happen. But then they lose everything...and I mean everything.

I think the wins and losses are on the back burner for me

The eyeball test is where I’m at

Like last year yeah 5-7 is terrible but HOW we looked getting to 5-7 was the worst thing I’ve ever seen as a fan here

I’m optimistic expecting we see signs of a team ready to start winning. They could go 7-6 or 8-5, 6-7….but the devil will be in the details.

Are we adjusting and getting better as the year goes along?

Are we seeing younger players developing? Are we seeing castoffs suddenly making an impact? Are we winning games that maybe we shouldn’t have? Are we making the clutch plays that swing the momentum?

**** like that will tell us more about the direction of the program

To me this is the most important season in recent memory for me (thinking long term and Mario’s future trajectory)

Yep I hate to say it but losses won’t **** me off so much this year provided we don’t look like absolute dog ****. Say Clemson is a 21-24 type loss……after so many beat downs I would be hyped as **** at the direction of the team.

Advertisement
Yep I hate to say it but losses won’t **** me off so much this year provided we don’t look like absolute dog ****. Say Clemson is a 21-24 type loss……after so many beat downs I would be hyped as **** at the direction of the team.
Yeah this isn’t “moral victories” it’s more like are we seeing this system Mario is putting in to place actually moving forward

Yikes!!! Spin cycle on high in here…
Don't knock it to you try it.....

girl-washing-machine.gif

Advertisement
Thats what I figured. Dont want to take a QB just for the sake of taking one if he isnt expected to at least be a clear upgrade as a backup who could take over if TVD gets hurt. Odds of finding someone who meets that criteria and is willing to sit is low. I'd rather ride Emory Williams and let him learn on the job than pick up a scrub.

This is a portal thread. If you're talking about our portal WR transfers, then I 100% disagree. We got exactly what we needed. We added 2 WRs with elite speed which is exactly what we needed.
I was talking about what we added to contribute to next years team.. portal being a huge factor.

It’s cool. We can disagree. I think we needed a WR1.

Advertisement
I was talking about what we added to contribute to next years team.. portal being a huge factor.

It’s cool. We can disagree. I think we needed a WR1.
I think our needs at WR for the 2023 season have been addressed with the portal. We needed speed and we got it with both of our portal WR additions, plus Robby, and RayRay.

Yes, we missed on several 5-star WRs for 2023 in our own backyard, but that's water under the bridge. What's important is moving forward with the right coaches and scheme in place to attract the type of players we want and need. If we can put together a 9-10 win season with an improved offense, getting the top prospects will become much easier. The kids just need a to see it to believe it.

Advertisement
Back