Spring starts tomorrow!!

Advertisement
TVD spoke to Ferman this week at a Life Wallet commercial shoot. He said they have done a nice amount of install already. Offense is not that different from last year - maybe a bit more complicated but it's mainly terminology, etc. He feels very comfortable already. He said he's studied it alot and has put extra time in the film room watching Gattis offense from last year. He seems very happy with the staff and excited for the season to start. He said that once they all get the different "language" down, he expects practices to be very smooth. He said that everyone has pushed each other, not only in the QB room with him and Jake, but everywhere.

Man ..competition in the WR room is going to be insane!

Still looking for that #1. I know Boar believes in Ladson, others in Keyshawn. Someone really needs to step the F up and fill Rambo's shoes.

The competition at WR needs to be that way at every position. We only have elite quality depth at QB, TE and S, with good to great quality depth at RB and WR. That is not good enough.

But I know we'll get there now. I'm just impatient.

I’m ok without Hartley. Good recruiter…. Meh as a coach.
Thought our TEs performed better with Hartley. STs wasn’t the best, but I don’t think anyone could’ve done much with Feagles and Baxa. Can’t remember how the coverage was.

I'd be real surprised if Hartley moves that family back to Miami.
I know, they are actually home… But IIRC, he wanted to stay his 1st go around… but that was before UGA scooped him up quickly…

Now if the TEs can play better with Field (they haven’t been that impressive, but having a real staff, I’m hoping his coaching improves), then fantastic. He already is a pretty darn good recruiter, let’s get that coaching up!

Advertisement
Im just focused on the trenches, if we get those to perform better everything else will fall in place with time.

And stop with the jake **** bruh lol TVD is QB1

Advertisement
The García cult is really bizarre. Guy hasn’t played a snap and he has a crazy following.

seriously.

we have a CB room that couldn't cover their own heads with a blanket, a group of LB's that look like we borrowed them from FAU, no DE's that have proven they can be elite pass rushers beyond JV in high school, and an OL that spent most of last season run blocking like they were afraid opposing DL was going to give them chlamydia.

yet the knuckleheads on here are hyping up the backup QB for no reason other than they are worried about the work ethic and focus of the most physically talented, most driven, hardest working, and most mentally tough QB we've had in well over 20 years.

there ought to be a federal law that requires that certain people need a license to be permitted to speak.

Nothing wrong with competition. In this case, it makes the QB room even stronger. I like TVD as QB1, but I don’t think the offense will skip a beat if Garcia had to go in and replace TVD.
So no drop off moving to a guy who hasn’t started a college game? I can’t tell if you’re overestimating one guy or underestimating the other.

I gotta say I think our WR room is gonna be just fine between the 2 Smith kids, Ladson, and X. Even Romello, Jacolby and Redding are talented. Plenty of talent at WR. But I personally feel like Key'Shawn Smith is gonna have a breakout year. Kid catches everything thrown his way and absolutely has the best hands in that group from what I saw last year. Not taking anything away from the other guys but Key made some of the more impressive catches last year. Not only that but the kid has heart, and fights for yards. Throw in Gattis WR experience. Biggest con with him is he'll make the catch but he's not getting much YAC. But that's ok because he can be a first down machine if used correctly, especially in passing situations on 3rd downs.

Last edited:
I made a post in another thread about the WRs. I’m not completely sold on them just yet. My hope is that Ladson has a break out year. Not necessarily like Rambo, although that would be amazing, but just a really good year, as his career has been filled with injuries.

Also interested in seeing what Coach Mirabal can do with this OL. There’s some talent there, but a ton if questions.

I’m still weary of the defense. Looking forward in seeing who improves after spring and who we bring in.

Can‘t deny the excitement though. Obviously games need to be played, but this staff as a whole? We have the coaches and QB to take over the Coastal and ACC. Also have to be realistic. We’re about 3-5 years away from having Mario’s players. It took Kirby about 7 years to get to where they are and (unfortunately) win a championship. Took Harbaugh just as long as well. We have to have some patience, but this is a great start so far.
Glad to see somebody speak on this who actually knows wtf they're talking about and applies some reason instead of acting like if we do t win it all in year one all.is lost.

Advertisement
Thought our TEs performed better with Hartley. STs wasn’t the best, but I don’t think anyone could’ve done much with Feagles and Baxa. Can’t remember how the coverage was.
Coverage and returns were non existent. Punters and kickers is way more about Jimmie’s and joes than Xs and Os. So yes Hartley recruited good kickers. But the actual coaching part coverage and return blocking was not great.
I just don’t think we are missing out on anything huge. I think people secretly liked having that obviously shady looking dude on our side. Cause homeboy has that slimy used car sales look on lock. Lol

Advertisement
LETS GO!!

I'm not counting out any player from contributing and performing better. We actually have a professional coaching staff for the 1st time in eons. There is no doubt in my mind every one will improve. This is where we build the base to win big games in the fall. Let the best man win.

Advertisement
Back