Official Spring PractiSe #9: Saturday, April 1

Advertisement
In todays age none of them would be 5 stars IMO
Yeah it’s a different age now though Forston had national hype. I remember seeing him on recruiting magazine covers earlier in his career. You know once these places have kids pegged as future stars it’s hard for them to change their minds.

But I get what you mean of course

Not so fast. Mark Pope was a 5 star in “today’s age,” according to some services.
Yea it happens now too, they flame out like a high nfl draft pick then blame coaches lol. The player is who he is IMO, its just having a great eye to know if they have it and will have it at that next level as well.

Advertisement
I wonder if they could make Seymore a NT...

Thats just a random thought I have. He was described as a brick wall when he got here.

Advertisement
koolaid.gif

I have concern about the DL (specifically DT) position as well but ONLY in run defense. We should be pretty nasty on passing downs. Being able to move guys like Mesidor and Bain inside along with Taylor, Dean, even JHH.... We should be able to really get after the QB up the middle. Thats how you wreck a good passing game

Advertisement
Advertisement
Fortson was a 5 star. I think he was in the top 3 of all DL for his class. I believe Spence was a 4 star, but was right on that cusp of being a 5-star
When they got to the high school all American practices and Spence dominated at 180 pounds, espn boosted him to right behind Arthur brown in the rankings

Then you saw him run routes and knew he was a 4.6 guy at best… and if he was faster than that, he didn’t play that way. Depressing to say the least.

His hands were solid though. Just couldn’t create separation
They call him the gluehands - shoutout to anyone that attended that spring game at Lockhart 😂

Advertisement
Back