Spring Spring PractiSe 9 : Closed scrimmage

Advertisement
I didn't even know there was a family barbecue today. I just came by to watch practice. I get there, and there's hundreds of people on the field and I'm like 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

Few notes...

*Couch is really coming into his own. He's by far our most technically sound DB. His press man skills are awesome. Spoke to his dad for a while. Let's just say, everybody is glad that Manny is gone. With these new coaches, Couch can now play his game. He's comfortable and feeling rejuvenated. Look for a solid season.

*Chaminade boys looked good today. Haye is starting to make a few plays and Thad was toting the rock hard today. Second practice in a row that I've seen solid performances from these two.

*Steele went with some 3 Safety looks with Blades, Huff and Tae playing deep. Huff got his pic while playing middle deep third.

*X murders people in one-on-ones. He be cooking Blades a$$ especially. He had a case of the dropsies today though. (in scrimmage period) Killed DB's to get open but then let a couple go through his hands.

*Ladson is not a guy IMO. He did make a nice contested catch today but other than that, he leaves a lot to be desired at times.

*Keontra had a nice interception. I love his game.

*Avantae is just a plain stud. He sticks out to me.

*Some of us have been saying it for a while, and a few of y'all don't want to hear it, but James Williams is not a deep Safety.🤷🏻‍♂️ Steele is using him properly though (IMO). I saw him near the LOS a lot today, covering TE's. He's a good player, but he has to be utilized correctly. He needs to be moved around.

*Dare I say it, but Arroyo might be an early round draft pick at TE. He's a **** stud and really stands out.

*Defense got a lot of pressure on the QB's today. It also looked like Steele may have put in some new wrinkles within the last week. Anytime a new coordinator arrives, you have to spoon feed the players.

*A lot of people around Greentree think that Jacurri and Skinner are going to be special. They stick out for sure. We got some young pups on this team (Brown, Skinner, Moss) who I'm really excited about. I can't wait to see their development.

*I actually spoke to an assistant coach about this, but one of the things that struck me is how bare we are on the front-7 in terms of talent. I don't know WTF Manny was doing, but more than half of those kids don't even look the part. They don't even look like someone you'd want walking off the bus when you're about to play an ACC component. So many of them are either too short, too stumpy, too fat, too skinny, too stiff, etc. That stuck out to quite a few people I spoke to today.

*My last point is why I want us to calm our expectations. We still need a couple recruiting classes to even look like a Miami team on OL, DL, LB and CB.

*You know the culture here is special when you have legends like Bain and Ed Reed wearing aprons and serving barbecue. I literally had the greatest Safety of all-time serve me barbecue chicken today and I stood 2 feet next to Alonzo Highsmith while I ate it. If I wasn't such a fat a$s I would have framed that piece of chicken instead of inhaling it.

*I spoke to more UM coaches in the past week than I did in 4 years under Manny. And the more I go around Greentree, the more stories I hear about that pompous cornball. Good riddance.

View attachment 180926
View attachment 180927

View attachment 180928

Imma re-post this:

“*I actually spoke to an assistant coach about this, but one of the things that struck me is how bare we are on the front-7 in terms of talent. I don't know WTF Manny was doing, but more than half of those kids don't even look the part. They don't even look like someone you'd want walking off the bus when you're about to play an ACC component. So many of them are either too short, too stumpy, too fat, too skinny, too stiff, etc. That stuck out to quite a few people I spoke to today.

*My last point is why I want us to calm our expectations. We still need a couple recruiting classes to even look like a Miami team on OL, DL, LB and CB.”

This is y I made my OP several weeks ago. We have A LOT to be excited about, but this is y I cautioned the fans not to be too critical of the team or Mario this season if we finish w/ 8-9 wins & no ACC Coastal Crown. I’ve heard this story way too often; ****, just following our recruiting, it’s clear we hit on certain positions, while woefully neglecting other positions, & we’re talking class after class after class.

It’s crazy hearing how many r happy that pompous prick, Diaz, is gone. His “farewell” letter is all u needed to know about his character. But that’s the past, & we have a hella bright future. The most optimistic I’ve been in, ****, since 2004. Shannon, no experience DC from a failed regime, followed by a sub .500 G5 coach, followed by a legendary coach who was fired & wanted to retire, followed by in full circle fashion, a no experience DC from a failed regime. Woof!!

Now we have a coach w/ rings from his Alma Mater, Success from a P5 school, that comes from great coaching trees.

Steele was already moving J. Williams all around when people on the board were bragging about being correct on him being a S. Besides what Macho said, the starting OL is avg and the 2nd string is awful? The whole WR group has still been dropping the ball, even All American George. We do not have a #1 WR. S doesn't even have depth with J. Williams being moved around. Steele has the same starting LB's, that tells you everything with that spot. Get healthy Chase. I can't say it enough times, this team needs talent. Portal! May can't come soon enough. TVD, Couch and Arroyo are the Greentree All American's so far from what I have gotten. 2 sometime 3 people's on opinions on what they have been seeing this Spring can be opposite. I have to trust my judgement on the people passing it on. I have said biased towards some players !ay make someone talk about the great catch instead of the 3 drops for example. The size of our front 7 has been a sore spot for me. It just irritates me.

I didn't even know there was a family barbecue today. I just came by to watch practice. I get there, and there's hundreds of people on the field and I'm like 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

Few notes...

*Couch is really coming into his own. He's by far our most technically sound DB. His press man skills are awesome. Spoke to his dad for a while. Let's just say, everybody is glad that Manny is gone. With these new coaches, Couch can now play his game. He's comfortable and feeling rejuvenated. Look for a solid season.

*Chaminade boys looked good today. Haye is starting to make a few plays and Thad was toting the rock hard today. Second practice in a row that I've seen solid performances from these two.

*Steele went with some 3 Safety looks with Blades, Huff and Tae playing deep. Huff got his pic while playing middle deep third.

*X murders people in one-on-ones. He be cooking Blades a$$ especially. He had a case of the dropsies today though. (in scrimmage period) Killed DB's to get open but then let a couple go through his hands.

*Ladson is not a guy IMO. He did make a nice contested catch today but other than that, he leaves a lot to be desired at times.

*Keontra had a nice interception. I love his game.

*Avantae is just a plain stud. He sticks out to me.

*Some of us have been saying it for a while, and a few of y'all don't want to hear it, but James Williams is not a deep Safety.🤷🏻‍♂️ Steele is using him properly though (IMO). I saw him near the LOS a lot today, covering TE's. He's a good player, but he has to be utilized correctly. He needs to be moved around.

*Dare I say it, but Arroyo might be an early round draft pick at TE. He's a **** stud and really stands out.

*Defense got a lot of pressure on the QB's today. It also looked like Steele may have put in some new wrinkles within the last week. Anytime a new coordinator arrives, you have to spoon feed the players.

*A lot of people around Greentree think that Jacurri and Skinner are going to be special. They stick out for sure. We got some young pups on this team (Brown, Skinner, Moss) who I'm really excited about. I can't wait to see their development.

*I actually spoke to an assistant coach about this, but one of the things that struck me is how bare we are on the front-7 in terms of talent. I don't know WTF Manny was doing, but more than half of those kids don't even look the part. They don't even look like someone you'd want walking off the bus when you're about to play an ACC component. So many of them are either too short, too stumpy, too fat, too skinny, too stiff, etc. That stuck out to quite a few people I spoke to today.

*My last point is why I want us to calm our expectations. We still need a couple recruiting classes to even look like a Miami team on OL, DL, LB and CB.

*You know the culture here is special when you have legends like Bain and Ed Reed wearing aprons and serving barbecue. I literally had the greatest Safety of all-time serve me barbecue chicken today and I stood 2 feet next to Alonzo Highsmith while I ate it. If I wasn't such a fat a$s I would have framed that piece of chicken instead of inhaling it.

*I spoke to more UM coaches in the past week than I did in 4 years under Manny. And the more I go around Greentree, the more stories I hear about that pompous cornball. Good riddance.

View attachment 180926
View attachment 180927

View attachment 180928
XpUyZ49K2YwAAAAC.gif

Advertisement
Imma re-post this:

“*I actually spoke to an assistant coach about this, but one of the things that struck me is how bare we are on the front-7 in terms of talent. I don't know WTF Manny was doing, but more than half of those kids don't even look the part. They don't even look like someone you'd want walking off the bus when you're about to play an ACC component. So many of them are either too short, too stumpy, too fat, too skinny, too stiff, etc. That stuck out to quite a few people I spoke to today.

*My last point is why I want us to calm our expectations. We still need a couple recruiting classes to even look like a Miami team on OL, DL, LB and CB.”

This is y I made my OP several weeks ago. We have A LOT to be excited about, but this is y I cautioned the fans not to be too critical of the team or Mario this season if we finish w/ 8-9 wins & no ACC Coastal Crown. I’ve heard this story way too often; ****, just following our recruiting, it’s clear we hit on certain positions, while woefully neglecting other positions, & we’re talking class after class after class.

It’s crazy hearing how many r happy that pompous prick, Diaz, is gone. His “farewell” letter is all u needed to know about his character. But that’s the past, & we have a hella bright future. The most optimistic I’ve been in, ****, since 2004. Shannon, no experience DC from a failed regime, followed by a sub .500 G5 coach, followed by a legendary coach who was fired & wanted to retire, followed by in full circle fashion, a no experience DC from a failed regime. Woof!!

Now we have a coach w/ rings from his Alma Mater, Success from a P5 school, that comes from great coaching trees.
1648947648049.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
This one’s pretty good. Think they’ve done well enough that they’re opening a spot in Wynwood. Their Jerk is real fire. The conch fritters are usually fresh and as good as anything I’ve had outside of the Bahamas.

I hung with a Haitian girl some years back and, with respect, I’d have to tell her I usually preferred Bahamian and Jamaican dishes over most traditional Haitian dishes. She was very cool, so I didn’t die. I know Haitian folks don’t **** around about their foods.
If she made you a dish with red sauce right after that, I hope you didn't eat it

Advertisement
"I spoke to more UM coaches in the past week than I did in 4 years under Manny. And the more I go around Greentree, the more stories I hear about that pompous cornball. Good riddance."

@Coach Macho usmir possible to share some if these new stories you are hearing? I find it fascinating the
contrast between the dysfunction we had and the professionalism we are currently demonstrating.

The comments about the defense are another reason why I am more optimistic about Gattis than some

Lashlee was solid but it put a lot of pressure on the D when he would falter

Gattis is still a big play guy but he wants to control the game more and for us this is a good thing

I don’t see elite with LT. Hope he proves me wrong. Seems like a tweener. Not big enough for DT and and not explosive/twitchy enough for DE in a 3-4.

There I said it. Can be a very solid player but I don’t see all-American NFL talent.
A tweener and not big enough to play DT? He ways 20 pounds more than all planet Aaron Donald.

Advertisement
Back