Official Spring PractiSe #6 (including Scrimmage #1): Saturday 3-25-2023

Advertisement
Sup guys, I havent seen a lick of spring practice coverage this year. (still bitter about how bad we were last year) can someone give me the cliff notes on standouts? ty
- Emory Williams is better than TVD & challenging him for starter spot
- Colbie Young is a combination of Calvin & Andre Johnson
- Xavier Restrepo is a combination of Wes Walker & Julian Edelman
- The OL is Elite, best it’s been since 2001
- Don Chaney is BYKE
- Corey Flagg & TeCory Couch are playing like All-Pro’s

Well I'll just speak on my nephew. Mind you I've known Vinny since I was a teenager myself. So with my nephew when he had his injury. I sat with him at u health while Dr Kaplan did the surgery on him. I sat with him in the room till he was released later that day. Spoke with Dr Kaplan myself and listened to him giving instructions to my nephew regarding his meds and his rehab. Baez came to pick us up and I took him back to his apartment so I could make sure he had groceries and his chick knew everything necessary too. The very next day Vinny wanted to see us so he could check on results. #1 issue the Dr didn't even want the wound uncovered for 3 days and he had to stay off his feet for a week. Vinny undressed the wound and had him doing exercises on it the VERY NEXT DAY. When I spoke with Mandy and enos about it they simply said you know that Vinny will always put him in the best position to succeed. I had my doubts but I didn't want to scare my nephew. He just needed support because he had never been injured before. He was scared. Long and the short of it that injury had to be addressed several times and didn't heal completely for roughly two whole years. I have issues with feld but it's minor compared to kids having to deal with Vinny at this point. BUT as I said Vinny's role has been changed greatly and from what I've seen it's more advisory than anything else.
we had a former player with direct knowledge question Vinny and his work. that player deleted some of his comments, but this thread gives you a good idea of some of the issues

- Don Chaney is BYKE
Why do you purposefully hurt us?

Advertisement
Well I'll just speak on my nephew. Mind you I've known Vinny since I was a teenager myself. So with my nephew when he had his injury. I sat with him at u health while Dr Kaplan did the surgery on him. I sat with him in the room till he was released later that day. Spoke with Dr Kaplan myself and listened to him giving instructions to my nephew regarding his meds and his rehab. Baez came to pick us up and I took him back to his apartment so I could make sure he had groceries and his chick knew everything necessary too. The very next day Vinny wanted to see us so he could check on results. #1 issue the Dr didn't even want the wound uncovered for 3 days and he had to stay off his feet for a week. Vinny undressed the wound and had him doing exercises on it the VERY NEXT DAY. When I spoke with Mandy and enos about it they simply said you know that Vinny will always put him in the best position to succeed. I had my doubts but I didn't want to scare my nephew. He just needed support because he had never been injured before. He was scared. Long and the short of it that injury had to be addressed several times and didn't heal completely for roughly two whole years. I have issues with feld but it's minor compared to kids having to deal with Vinny at this point. BUT as I said Vinny's role has been changed greatly and from what I've seen it's more advisory than anything else.
Guy should be fired based on this alone. No excuse for this imo.

Agreed. Hopefully, we don’t rush him back. I, too, think the staff will take his transition very slow.
Kid is amazingly talented ... was a jewell of his recruiting class. A real travesty on a personal level that he sustained that nasty injury. I hope the staff is looking out for HIS long term total recovery and his overall football future .... get him totally healed .... get the rehab TOTALLY done .... get full strength and flexibility back into that knee .... then get him back into contact. If that is Spring Practice 2024 ... that's what it is.

Advertisement
I’m no doctor but holy **** that’s wild. My cousin had 2 ACL surgeries and I helped him for the first few days I can’t believe what I just read that was wild

- Don Chaney is BYKE

What, no respect for Porter being the next All-American CB1….

We have 2 players that were injured pretty bad at Oregon and they followed Coach Cristobal here.
They obviously trust him. Hopefully any issues in the training and surgical department have been dealt with.
But the level of secrecy when it comes to injuries is a head scratcher for me and I feel that it adds to the skepticism towards the s and c and training department.
What 2 players are that, my man? (From UO, that is)

- Don Chaney is BYKE
drunk orson welles GIF
..🤣🤣

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back