Official Spring PractiSe #6 (including Scrimmage #1): Saturday 3-25-2023

Advertisement
That’s a massive “if” with no track record to show it is likely to occur. The opposite is more likely.

We need a portal addition to shore up depth. We cannot go into the season assuming Chaney remains injury-free.
Point is though he is healthy so just push forward until things change....

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm so homosexual, I attract myself in the mirror so much, I get a boner, my wife sees it and we make intense, painful love afterwards, letting my son watch as he learns from his father.
Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

Point is though he is healthy so just push forward until things change....
What if things change during pre-season fall practice? What if things change during the season?

In either of those scenarios, we are in deep trouble. Parrish cannot carry the load full-time. He’s simply not built to be an every down, 12-game back. We need an insurance policy if Chaney gets hurt (again). To ignore the possibility is wishful thinking and borderline negligence.

Well he will be a nice 3rd option then. If Don stays healthy he will be #1 with Parish as his backup.
In that instance Parrish wouldn't be the two back or the starter. Again no shade at Parrish. He's a competent back. Pretty good. But he's a move the chains sort and small dude. A #2 back to chaney you'd want a change of pace. You'd want (in an ideal world) a bruiser or a home run threat. Parris is neither. Fletcher will definitely get his shot assuming he can block. More reason for that is Mario has an incentive to showcase the youth and his own recruits. It shows new recruits were open for business. All of that being said, it obviously requires Chaney to stay healthy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
- Emory Williams is better than TVD & challenging him for starter spot
- Colbie Young is a combination of Calvin & Andre Johnson
- Xavier Restrepo is a combination of Wes Walker & Julian Edelman
- The OL is Elite, best it’s been since 2001
- Don Chaney is BYKE
- Corey Flagg & TeCory Couch are playing like All-Pro’s

koolaid.gif

Some of my takeaways

I love the new coaches. They are definitely excited to be at UM. Coach Guidry told me even thou he is from Louisiana he never wanted to coach in the SEC. UM was the only DC job he was really coveting. He feels with the type of athletes he can recruit at UM that his defense is going to be elite. His energy is infectious. The defense is going to be fun to watch this year. He does a great job disguising what he is doing. Alot of movement. He is not afraid to blitz and we will see alot of mixed coverage

I know David is not confident or comfortable with the CB group but they looked good on Saturday. Brown and Porter did a great job in coverage. Couch and graves made some plays but they need to be more consistent. We definitely need more depth. The safeties are going to be counted on to make alot of plays in this defense. They will line up all over the field. Kitchens and Markeith looked good on Saturday. Harris is going to be good at safety once he gets comfortabl

The Dline is going to be the strength of the defense. Once all the injured players come back it’s going to be a feeding frenzy. Dline is not going to be asked to just take on blocks. A lot of slanting and twistin

The LBs looked good overall. Super aggressive and they will be blitzing a ton. I didn’t see a lot of missed tackles. Francisco, K4, Wesley and Flagg was flying around making play

Coach Dawson is going to run a balance offense. He loves using the TE’s. After meeting him you can tell he is a players coach. The offense is going to generate a lot of explosive plays. We are going to run the ball and TVD is going to have a big year if he stays healt

The Oline improvements are night and day. The line is big and athletic. They do a good job of communicating. Going to need to stay healthy. The depth is not grea

Definitely need depth at RB. Chaney and Parrish made some plays. Chaney had a scary moment when he got tackled from behind on a play he fumbled. He limped off the field, but came back in later and had like a 25 yd TD ru

The WR group is definitely going to be a strength on the team. Coach Beard is going to have these guys ready to play. They will definitely be technically and fundamentally sound. Young is going to have a big year. TVD and him have great chemistry. Horton has gotten bigger and he runs great routes. Jacoby is going to have a break out year. He just needs to be more consistent. X is going to lead the team in catches. He is so smooth in and out his rout

All the TE’s looked good. The young Pups are definitely talented. They will be asked to block in the run game. They will be TVD’s security blanke

The structure and pace of practice was awesome!! The transition from period to period is fast with no wasted time. The energy of the coaches during practice is insan

The team looked noticeably bigger!!

From a High School football coach who said he watched the scrimmage.

Advertisement
What if things change during pre-season fall practice? What if things change during the season?

In either of those scenarios, we are in deep trouble. Parrish cannot carry the load full-time. He’s simply not built to be an every down, 12-game back. We need an insurance policy if Chaney gets hurt (again). To ignore the possibility is wishful thinking and borderline negligence.
Right, if... We're not at if we're at he's healthy so let's run with it...or I should say let him run with it... Lol

In that instance Parrish wouldn't be the two back or the starter. Again no shade at Parrish. He's a competent back. Pretty good. But he's a move the chains sort and small dude. A #2 back to chaney you'd want a change of pace. You'd want (in an ideal world) a bruiser or a home run threat. Parris is neither. Fletcher will definitely get his shot assuming he can block. More reason for that is Mario has an incentive to showcase the youth and his own recruits. It shows new recruits were open for business. All of that being said, it obviously requires Chaney to stay healthy.
Brook you realize Chaney is a power runner that is also a home run threat.(Had a 60 yard or so TD in the scrimage). That's why I had parish as his 2nd. Parish is not that fast but he does other things well.

Advertisement
Back