Spring Spring PractiSe #2

@Gables Cane i need u to justify ur love for Raising Canes, & don’t give me the sauce argument. Lol.
They use real tenders not strips of chicken breast. The breading compliments the chicken nicely without overpowering the protein. And, yes the sauce is very good (gotta order extra) and the Texas Toast is fire.

Trust me...as a former F&B chicken executive, it annoys me that a brand can have that much success by simply selling tenders. Don't take my word for it, just look at their volumes. The nearly $4.0 million per unit AUV is no joke and is comparable to Chick-fil-A.

Advertisement
Keysmiff, u say, huh?

Post # 14

I missed the mark with Redding so far in that thread 😞. Hope he doesn’t disappear.

Need to see more speed out of Keyshawn, especially if he’s our #1. We desperately need a guy who can stretch the field. Need him to fight off the press and GO!

Jacolby George WR1, if anybody is similar to rambo its him.

X is gonna be mr reliable and probably get the most touches

I think key can be hella good but i have questions with his lateral quickness. His long speed is great but what u do at the POA then at the top of the route is what makes the difference in separation, but if u hit him in stride on a slant,crosser or post he’ll leave u.

He would’ve had more production but tvd threw to the right (rambo) alot, almost too much. Gattis offense is more diverse but will take longer to click than lashlee’s did imo

Rambo had a good toolbox of different releases, played at his own pace and used his hands well so u couldn’t press him or slow him up when its time to break, i hope they picked up some tips from him last year.

Maybe where you live that's true.

Round my way nobody eats Zaxbys and they're literally right next to each other.

Zazbys be empty and raisin canes ne bussing ALL DAY.

I dont eat either much at all but when I door dash in my spare time it's impossible not to notice
Man, all we got up here is some dusty *** KFC and a couple pop eyes sprinkled throughout the state. And we got exactly 2 Chic Fil A in the state as well lol we ain’t got no **** options.

Advertisement
They use real tenders not strips of chicken breast. The breading compliments the chicken nicely without overpowering the protein. And, yes the sauce is very good (gotta order extra) and the Texas Toast is fire.

Trust me...as a former F&B chicken executive, it annoys me that a brand can have that much success by simply selling tenders. Don't take my word for it, just look at their volumes. The nearly $4.0 million per unit AUV is no joke and is comparable to Chick-fil-A.

They’ve moved down here in So Cal & they r in direct comp w/ Chick-Fil-A. Whenever a Raising Canes is being built, it’s w/in a 1 - 2 mile radius of a Chick-Fil-A, typically.

I wasn’t a fan of the tenders w/o the sauce. The sauce was fire, but as u said, it’s a scam u have to order more. Lol. Imo, Raising Canes is the In N Out of chicken tenders: keep the menu simple, focus on the niche, & sell a ton of it. Not mad at the strategy, but after all the hype, it didn’t justify that long *** wait I had in the drive thru, & the flavor was low key bland.

I still would prefer Chick-Fil-A over them, but there’s a ton of hole-in the wall spots that chit on both of CFA & RC.

Advertisement
One thing everyone has to realize the WR aren’t creating space Bc they’re learning. New techniques, erasing bad habits etc.

Likens was a good coach. Is Gattis better? Could be?

The main thing is these guys are YOUNG and developing.

This is the critical 3rd year for several of them. It is only the second for some guys we talk about the most. They have to step up to replace two productive upperclassmen.

This group will make a big jump heading into fall camp. Once they learn the playbook, they will be electric.

Last edited:
OL needs to look diff come Fall. I know guys still coming back but we aren’t winning IMO with Justice and Ousman

Also at WR we are still really lacking a #1

Portal still needs to be a major area to address
Oline a I agree WR I don’t.

We already pulled one top WR prospects out of the portal. Someone from that group has got to step up.

Advertisement
Man, all we got up here is some dusty *** KFC and a couple pop eyes sprinkled throughout the state. And we got exactly 2 Chic Fil A in the state as well lol we ain’t got no **** options.
Dude it's chicken tenders, fries and thick bread. Don't feel like you missing something special. I have a buddy in Athens who gives it great reviews, but I'm not a fast food guy.

They’ve moved down here in So Cal & they r in direct comp w/ Chick-Fil-A. Whenever a Raising Canes is being built, it’s w/in a 1 - 2 mile radius of a Chick-Fil-A, typically.

I wasn’t a fan of the tenders w/o the sauce. The sauce was fire, but as u said, it’s a scam u have to order more. Lol. Imo, Raising Canes is the In N Out of chicken tenders: keep the menu simple, focus on the niche, & sell a ton of it. Not mad at the strategy, but after all the hype, it didn’t justify that long *** wait I had in the drive thru, & the flavor was low key bland.

I still would prefer Chick-Fil-A over them, but there’s a ton of hole-in the wall spots that chit on both of CFA & RC.
I remember when i lived in temecula and a Raising Canes went up literally across the street from the CFA that had been pretty established in the community. Could basically throw a football from one to the other lol

Raising Canes is good. It’s consistent and simple. Sauce is good imo but my wife doesn’t like it so I know people have differing opinions. Agreed with some others that without the sauce the tenders don’t really have a great flavor. I prefer the taste of chick fil a chicken if I’m eating straight chicken. But yeah Raising Canes isn’t some world beater of a food chain to die for.

Zaxbys is also good mostly because it has a lot of more variety with sauces.

Advertisement
I dont want to thread jack..so ill just say I am shocked there is no love for "Huey Magoos". I think there tenders are the best out of all of them and I include Guthries too.

Back to the thread...I am absolutely rooting for Ladson to at the very least make things hard for JGeorge. But he has to prove it in the Spring. Once Fall comes it will be difficult to make up ground especially when Brinson gets into the mix.

That WR core will start to shrink with a quickness come Fall.. Gattis comes from the cloth of not having a deep rotation at WR. The best 4 guys play the majority of the snaps. Michigan didnt rotate a bunch of WRs last year and neither did Bama when Gattis was there as WR coach. Especially because his offense keeps both TEs heavily involved as well. Should be interesting to follow.

But what happens next?
splooge GIF

Yes of course, body control goes with it. Not that we can’t replace it, but a lot of people don’t realize what we’ve lost in Rambo.
Yeah, Rambo's body control and ability to catch contested balls was elite. He was a major factor in TVD's emergence. The "50/50" balls that gun-slinging QBs (like TVD) like throwing deep on the sidelines to covered receivers were more like 80/20 in Rambos favor. Hopefully someone in our WR room can provide that this year.

Advertisement
Back