Spring Spring PractiSe 15: Spring Game!!!!!!!

Advertisement
I was told at practice on Thursday that Couch had some personal stuff that really effected his play last season. That stuff been taken care off now.

He literally didn't look like the same player last season that we saw in 2020
Some of us were told the same thing by someone in the know. There was such a difference between frosh Couch and Soph Couch, it just wasn’t adding up. I’m rooting for him hard. His best days are in front of him and I think he will be a very important contributor this year.

I actually thought on a few throws TVD was late on. Just a minor quibble, you can see this guy has a real command of the game, right now

Jake Garcia showed were in good hands, too
Yeah I agree with you and it’s that thing where you don’t want to see him stop what he’s good it. Don’t want to see him lose that gunslinger type mentality

This is why I’m a little hesitant to just think he’s going to leave after this year but same time he will probably progress very quickly through this as well

Good stuff

Thad might be a solid back to run between the tackles but don’t ever expect a 50 yard run. If Don ever gets healthy and stays healthy, he’s easily the better RB.
Omg x10000000 Don has first round traits. I like Thad but don’t compare them lol Thad is 5th when the RB is healthy behind Rooster, Parrish, Don and Citizen

Bruh who is Moss bull rushing back into Garcia lol. He should not be doing that.
784CB861-5299-4B43-AC37-1BE3C836BD0F.gif

He is “wiry”

Semper Canes!!!

Advertisement
U are absolutely right! Only thing I’d add is that Rambo and TVD worked themselves up to their breakout seasons. Neither were completely and undoubtedly performing at that level during the spring prior to last season.

I believe we need a portal WR (hopefully Harrell) but I also believe we have WRs right now that can develop into the #1 and do some of the things Rambo eventually did last season as well. A summer with Feld and reps with TVD, plus studying Gattis’ playbook and back with him in the Fall is a lot of time for the light 💡 to come on for one of them.

We need to chill, Rambo and TVD didn’t light up the Spring game last year. They worked a process, let out WRs do the same.
Bro, Rambo was cooking with King in Mich St game.. Rambo was always open and was force fed the ball last spring game also.. He just had a knack and feel for getting open, he probably could create separation from a 1 yard hitch, lol.. We have fans who have openly said they dont consider transfers as real canes like guys who came here, Would rather have Scaife who has shown he will blow blocks and get QB killed than Mims when we need Oline help.. So not surprised Rambo didnt get all his props, you cant just place someone there and expect same production.. He came here and broke records..

Yeah I agree with you and it’s that thing where you don’t want to see him stop what he’s good it. Don’t want to see him lose that gunslinger type mentality

This is why I’m a little hesitant to just think he’s going to leave after this year but same time he will probably progress very quickly through this as well

Good stuff

I thought last year he really got in a groove with Rambo outside. I think he he'll have that mojo with X( I think he can have a 75-plus catch season), but who's that guy on the perimeter that TVD can trust and just let it go towards?

I mean if Rambo would've come back, this would've been an absolutely lethal offense

Advertisement
I noticed this alot also.. Held on to ball a tick too long.. Kid still needs reps and adjusting to offense was my guess.. Happened a few times.. And he missed some big time open guys (on play Tecory got hurt, Skinner ran a drag from opposite side then turned it upfield, type of play I have seen Bama/Okla run for huge plays, the WR ran post to carry CB and Safety and clear out, for some reason he threw the post... late... While Skinner is there wide open up sideline, weird as those are money plays designed to get a guy open)

I can't speak for him but I think this might be some of what @Brooklyndee meant when he was trying to temper expectations about TVD. Said something like he played in a more qb friendly offense last year & that he's got things that he needs to work on.

Go look at dam near every Rambo thread from last season or game thread, while guys were giving potential labels to every other player, I was scream Rambo is cooking RIGHT NOW.. Guys only realize it after he has left, even though he isnt biggest or fastest he knew how to create seperation with ease.. I remember in that same game you mention, Rambo would catch those passes and connsistently make the first opponent miss, he got tired, they put Wiggins in, smae route, he got tackled immediately.. Just because you run the same plays doesnt mean you will get same results.. None of those guys showed they could do what Rambo did..
Think it’s too early to tell if we can run those plays or not. Brinson ran some of those comebacks successfully. But, I would be shocked if they don’t try to use TVD’s arm for those plays. We shall see.

Not sure it’s been mentioned but I’ve noticed #21 Khmauri Rodgers by himself at the end of the sidelines. Even seen DVD pull him aside and give him worda of encouragement
For what? Is he even enrolled? I thought he tore ACL during the season?

sky, that's the thing, you can have an absolute cannon, but if you are consistently late in throwing, and dont anticipate throws you're just ****ing away vitamins

This has to be the next step in his development

He can't just rely on jamming balls in there once he sees a guy open and that window is already closing
You’ve read my comments on this via the private group chat. TVD sometimes holds the ball a tick longer than I’m sure coaches want. Let’s see how he improves that and his mobility within the pocket.

Advertisement
Bro, Rambo was cooking with King in Mich St game.. Rambo was always open and was force fed the ball last spring game also.. He just had a knack and feel for getting open, he probably could create separation from a 1 yard hitch, lol.. We have fans who have openly said they dont consider transfers as real canes like guys who came here, Would rather have Scaife who has shown he will blow blocks and get QB killed than Mims when we need Oline help.. So not surprised Rambo didnt get all his props, you cant just place someone there and expect same production.. He came here and broke records..
Again I agree. I know Rambo was cooking all season and a Cane is a Cane, transfer or not. I’m just saying that we should give the WR room some time to develop. I remember watching practice footage of Rambo dropping passes and being labeled inconsistent. He and turned it up when the season came around and I believe we have a couple WR that can do the same.

sky, that's the thing, you can have an absolute cannon, but if you are consistently late in throwing, and dont anticipate throws you're just ****ing away vitamins

This has to be the next step in his development

He can't just rely on jamming balls in there once he sees a guy open and that window is already closing

I noticed this too. The play skyman mentioned was the most obvious but it happened alot with all the qbs. Like guys needed to be wide open before they threw it. Jake was the most consistent, imo, with throwing the ball into tight coverage but even he had moments where he held it to long.

Also a side note: I'm glad they called sacks better this year than last. Mario didn't coddle these guys & I love it.

Advertisement
I thought last year he really got in a groove with Rambo outside. I think he he'll have that mojo with X( I think he can have a 75-plus catch season), but who's that guy on the perimeter that TVD can trust and just let it go towards?

I mean if Rambo would've come back, this would've been an absolutely lethal offense
Yeah man just rewatching the highlights from last year and Rambo caught almost everything

Mario made that comment at half about the WRs needing to go make a play on those passes

Our WR has plenty of talent but someone has to emerge as the #1

We don’t have it at the moment

Advertisement
Back