Spring Spring PractiSe 15: Spring Game!!!!!!!

Advertisement
- Thad & Parrish looked good
- TE’s looked great; Arroyo, Brantley, Mammarelli & Skinner can all play well & will thrive in this offense & that’s all before Mallory comes back, most loaded position group on the team
- Run Blocking looked solid; OL still needs depth
- Should’ve added another WR out the Portal back in Jan-Feb; hope to God we can convince Ty Harrell to consider coming back home

- Interior DL is small, still need more bodies on the DLine, adding Mesidor & Coleman would be nice pickups, Dorlus needs to hurry the fck up if he’s planning on coming down here
- Lichtenstein, Davis & Moss looked good
- LB’s... Should be adding Caleb Johnson so that’s good
- Safety group looks good, adding JoJo will make them a nice young group with tons of upside
- Isaiah Dunson should be a starter at Boundary
- Couch is a natural Nickel; interested to see what they do with Porter Jr when he gets on campus, he can play outside & inside
- Excited to see Jaden Harris get in the mix in Fall camp

Spring games don’t mean that much, just fun to watch for fans, gonna be a long season, still a work in progress.

This is positive to read. You and I had a brief discussion some months ago and you were really down on Couch. I still have some hope he can contribute in sub-packages. We shall see.

still saw too many guys that I dont think will ever play at UM, and were reaches as recruits. Still another recruiting class or two away in my view

Which is precisely why there will be heavy roster turnover from here till the beginning of fall camp...
Before the game kicked off I was thinking: "Man, 8+ more players transferring out before Fall Camp seems a little excessive".

About 5 minutes into the 2nd Q I was thinking: "Only 8?"

Advertisement
Before the game kicked off I was thinking: "Man, 8+ more players transferring out before Fall Camp seems a little excessive".

About 5 minutes into the 2nd Q I was thinking: "Only 8?".

I mean...yeah... I enjoyed today for what it was -- a chance to see some Miami 'ball, and hang out with fellow fans. I had a great time. I promised myself I wouldn't put too much into what I saw. But this roster has some noticeable holes.

Did he play today? I genuinely didn't notice him out there if he did.

If he's as dynamic with the ball in his hands and many think, and with the improved play of our CBs I don't see why you don't give him a shot at WR. We need speed in that room.
He made a couple plays. He's pretty sticky, actually. He's just very undersized right now.

Advertisement
This is positive to read. You and I had a brief discussion some months ago and you were really down on Couch. I still have some hope he can contribute in sub-packages. We shall see.
Without being in the conversations, let me add that Couch’s play had you down on him. A cool thing: seems like his play had him also feeling that way and came into Spring looking to change that.

He made a couple plays. He's pretty sticky, actually. He's just very undersized right now.
Yeah I saw him on the highlights - his dreads were covering his name plate. I didn't know his number / recognise his body (miss me with your 'no homo' 'pause' nonsense :ROFLMAO:) before looking it up just now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Without being in the conversations, let me add that Couch’s play had you down on him. A cool thing: seems like his play had him also feeling that way and came into Spring looking to change that.
As I said in this link (https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...eives-offer-commit.173038/page-2#post-5616820), they looked lobotomized. I'm not saying this kid will now star, but he had some tools to work with, yet looked absolutely lost in outer space last season.

RB-Knighton/Chaney/Citizen
TE-Mallory
WR-Brinson/Horton
OL-Campbell/Denis/Portal?

DE-Harvey/Kelly
DE-Roberts/Ugude
DL-Moutlrie/Mesidor
DT-JHH
LB-Chase Smith/Bissanthe/Johnson/Portal
CB-Stevenson/Graves
CB-Porter/Harris
S-Kitchens

I just listed above players that didn't play that should be ready to go for fall camp.

I keep hearing we got holes, man we look small, we need this and we need that, well I a sense I agree, but add the above players to todays game and it looks MILES different.

Advertisement
RB-Knighton/Chaney/Citizen
TE-Mallory
WR-Brinson/Horton
OL-Campbell/Denis/Portal?

DE-Harvey/Kelly
DE-Roberts/Ugude
DL-Moutlrie/Mesidor
DT-JHH
LB-Chase Smith/Bissanthe/Johnson/Portal
CB-Stevenson/Graves
CB-Porter/Harris
S-Kitchens

I just listed above players that didn't play that should be ready to go for fall camp.

I keep hearing we got holes, man we look small, we need this and we need that, well I a sense I agree, but add the above players to todays game and it looks MILES different.
One guy I’ll single out is Nyjalik Kelly. He looked big on the sidelines and in pads. On par with Joe Jackson and Jon Garvin at the same age.

No one going to comment on how TVD still needs to warm up in the bullpen with the slow starts….

3….2….1…..
The offense is different & the WR’s have inconsistent hands.

TVD’s strong suit is stretching the field with deep route combinations & this offense isn’t centered around the deep ball.

The primary focus is the middle of the field with crossing patterns & attacking the flats with the RB’s.

The WR’s will have to work a lot harder to get open in this offense because the route concepts are a lot different.

It’s not that TVD starts slow IMO, it’s just a matter of understanding the philosophy of what the plan of attack will be.

He’ll have to adjust to the difference from being a perimeter heavy passing attack to be being more comfortable with taking the underneath routes & checkdowns. In last year’s offense his first read on most plays was to the outside, in this system it will be the Y, E, F, H, A & B & then X & Z.

Advertisement
Back