Spring Spring PractiSe 15: Spring Game!!!!!!!

Advertisement
As expected this is a 8-9 win roster, that should be the goal. Our roster has a lot of holes in it and Mario has done his best to fill them but it's only year 1. WR,DL,LB and CB are all question marks but that's as expected. The transfers and Injured guys will help out a lot, we're still missing a lot of starters and key depth. It's difficult to judge a spring game because everything is very vanilla but we look very small on defense and not very fast.
Maybe that’s what you prematurely expected a 8-9 win roster lol. How can you and those that agree with you say that when the **** roster isn’t even complete lol. Like C’mon man 😂!

Advertisement
Simple offense we need longer plays in the playbook or it will be a long season.
Sounds legit let’s reduce any Miami speed advantage by taking a playbook and making plays longer so that people can catch up. You seem like a rocket scientist

- Thad & Parrish looked good
- TE’s looked great; Arroyo, Brantley, Mammarelli & Skinner can all play well & will thrive in this offense & that’s all before Mallory comes back, most loaded position group on the team
- Run Blocking looked solid; OL still needs depth
- Should’ve added another WR out the Portal back in Jan-Feb; hope to God we can convince Ty Harrell to consider coming back home

- Interior DL is small, still need more bodies on the DLine, adding Mesidor & Coleman would be nice pickups, Dorlus needs to hurry the fck up if he’s planning on coming down here
- Lichtenstein, Davis & Moss looked good
- LB’s... Should be adding Caleb Johnson so that’s good
- Safety group looks good, adding JoJo will make them a nice young group with tons of upside
- Isaiah Dunson should be a starter at Boundary
- Couch is a natural Nickel; interested to see what they do with Porter Jr when he gets on campus, he can play outside & inside
- Excited to see Jaden Harris get in the mix in Fall camp

Spring games don’t mean that much, just fun to watch for fans, gonna be a long season, still a work in progress.
My main concern is the defensive front 7. Not enough Miami caliber athletes right now within that area but we looked much more fundamentally sound. Secondary & O line looked better than I expected. We're definitely gonna miss Rambo and I agree we should've targeted a wideout in the portal more aggressively. Rb/TE looking good. Special teams still a mystery how that will go since spring game limits return game. I still see this as a 9 win team considering the schedule is quite manageable but the next few months of portal activity will be key.

Advertisement
LoL, so a one game improvement. Bull****.
1-2 game improvement. We lost a good bit of talent.

Zach McCloud
DeAndre Johnson
Charleston Rambo
Mike Harley
Jarrid Williams
Navaughn Donaldson
Nesta
Johnathan Ford

Say what you want about the youth movement but we did lose 8 multi year starters.

I would consider a 9-3 season a huge success

Advertisement
Advertisement
What's so bad about 8-9 wins? Mario had a better roster at Oregon year 1 and went 8-4. It takes time when you're completely changing everything
I don’t think people know how hard it is to change a culture and flip an average roster over. 9 wins would be a success, I’d love to add a big body on the DL somebody over 300 pounds with some college snaps(asking for a lot i know) we are small on the inside and I believe that would help our LBs out.

- Thad & Parrish looked good
- TE’s looked great; Arroyo, Brantley, Mammarelli & Skinner can all play well & will thrive in this offense & that’s all before Mallory comes back, most loaded position group on the team
- Run Blocking looked solid; OL still needs depth
- Should’ve added another WR out the Portal back in Jan-Feb; hope to God we can convince Ty Harrell to consider coming back home

- Interior DL is small, still need more bodies on the DLine, adding Mesidor & Coleman would be nice pickups, Dorlus needs to hurry the fck up if he’s planning on coming down here
- Lichtenstein, Davis & Moss looked good
- LB’s... Should be adding Caleb Johnson so that’s good
- Safety group looks good, adding JoJo will make them a nice young group with tons of upside
- Isaiah Dunson should be a starter at Boundary
- Couch is a natural Nickel; interested to see what they do with Porter Jr when he gets on campus, he can play outside & inside
- Excited to see Jaden Harris get in the mix in Fall camp

Spring games don’t mean that much, just fun to watch for fans, gonna be a long season, still a work in progress.
Excuse my ignorance but I’m forgetting, who’s JoJo?

Ladson might be who many thought he was. Doesn’t look particularly fluid either.
Redding looked better even though he looks more like an H back to me

Advertisement
Back