Spring Spring PractiSe 14 - 4.14.22

Advertisement
Yeppers! At that weight and counting, I think he’s going to get meaningful snaps this year as a true freshman. Even with a healthy Will, I think Skinner is going to get snaps. Miami has two young athletic freaks in its TE room. I’ll have my popcorn ready that’s for sure. These kats will be featured in the new OC’s offense.

Kid is going to get some extremely favorable match ups and can really put himself on the map and help propel us if he takes advantage of those opportunities. I am very excited to see what he can do, him getting in early was huge.

My notes on player/coaches interviews:

- Frank Ladson: calls out TVD's arm strength. small differences between our practices and Clemson's. feels good physically. looks big and long.
- Jacurri Brown: man, some of these 18 year olds are so mature and impressive - dude is a leader already. focusing on develop as a passer, in HS he out-athleted everyone. calls out TVD's ball placement and the way he prepares. understands the history with Bernie, Walsh, etc. - excited to develop his game.
- Jaleel Skinner: working on blocking and being more physical. picked miami because of 1) coach field 2) coach cristobal 3) family being comfortable here.
- Logan Sagapolu: everything is the same as Oregon minus the names of plays. loves to squat - most he's every done is 800 pounds. only playing right guard for now. says he's running with the 1's.
- Cyrus Moss: working on being physical. attention to detail by coaches sticks out. coach feld just keeps telling him to eat and eat. my take: his frame is small, not gonna be 250+ DE here... which is fine just pointing that out.
- Coach Gattis: biggest challenge will be next 9 weeks when no one is watching. got surprised with Broyles Award trophy - pretty cool moment. players he called out: TVD, Parrish, Scaife, Clark, X, George, Ladson, Keyshawn. preaches diversity in plays. phenomenal staff Coach Cristobal put together. have seen Jacurri's development take off the last two weeks. (Side note: if Gattis crushes it here, he will be a head coach in 1 to 2 years).
- Coach Cristobal: Gattis has been a game changer for us. Calls out Brashard Smith on turning the corner last 3 or 4 practices. X has been doing it all spring. Have to get more physical and durable on the outside. Comments on NIL: football is changing and you adapt, it sells itself, financial capabilities from city and alumni, blowing people away. Says he's blown away by our staff. some base stuff for the spring game but treating it just like game day. Said Jacurri has really flashed the last few practices. Skinner has had an outstanding spring, up to 232 pounds. Cyrus Moss came in at 199 and has added about 10 pounds. Recruiting philosophy: wants people here watching us work, practice, very transparent.

Advertisement

- Frank Ladson: calls out TVD's arm strength. small differences between our practices and Clemson's. feels good physically. looks big and long.
- Jacurri Brown: man, some of these 18 year olds are so mature and impressive - dude is a leader already. focusing on develop as a passer, in HS he out-athleted everyone. calls out TVD's ball placement and the way he prepares. understands the history with Bernie, Walsh, etc. - excited to develop his game.
- Jaleel Skinner: working on blocking and being more physical. picked miami because of 1) coach field 2) coach cristobal 3) family being comfortable here.
- Logan Sagapolu: everything is the same as Oregon minus the names of plays. loves to squat - most he's every done is 800 pounds. only playing right guard for now. says he's running with the 1's.
- Cyrus Moss: working on being physical. attention to detail by coaches sticks out. coach feld just keeps telling him to eat and eat. my take: his frame is small, not gonna be 250+ DE here... which is fine just pointing that out.
- Coach Gattis: biggest challenge will be next 9 weeks when no one is watching. got surprised with Broyles Award trophy - pretty cool moment. players he called out: TVD, Parrish, Scaife, Clark, X, George, Ladson, Keyshawn. preaches diversity in plays. phenomenal staff Coach Cristobal put together. have seen Jacurri's development take off the last two weeks. (Side note: if Gattis crushes it here, he will be a head coach in 1 to 2 years).
- Coach Cristobal: Gattis has been a game changer for us. Calls out Brashard Smith on turning the corner last 3 or 4 practices. X has been doing it all spring. Have to get more physical and durable on the outside. Comments on NIL: football is changing and you adapt, it sells itself, financial capabilities from city and alumni, blowing people away. Says he's blown away by our staff. some base stuff for the spring game but treating it just like game day. Said Jacurri has really flashed the last few practices. Skinner has had an outstanding spring, up to 232 pounds. Cyrus Moss came in at 199 and has added about 10 pounds. Recruiting philosophy: wants people here watching us work, practice, very transparent.
Thank you for the recap. Saved a lot of time for me.

That’s what she said…

Advertisement

We're in good hands.

1649971769397.png

Advertisement
Advertisement

Those things aren’t mutually exclusive. I concede the priority is efficiency, but multiple teams accomplished both efficiency and speed last year.

Cyrus Moss came in at 199 pounds? What the **** did they use to weigh him at The Opening? He lost weight before arriving here?

Skinner at 230 pounds. Cot****. Our TEs will start playing hurt just so they don't get Wally Pipp'd.

I know. I was meaning nfl he was not good and now in HC discussions every year
I remember a story that Stafford was messing around throwing left handed and a reporter asked him how strong his arm was throwing lefty. Stafford said, “about as strong as Kellen”

That Mario interview is the best I’ve ever heard, that recruiting pitch was golden when talking about the nil

Advertisement
Back