Spring Spring PractiSe #11 - Thursday April 4 & Media: Mario Cristobal, JoJo, RayRay, Stafford, Damari Brown

Advertisement
I figured I would get dragged for those comments....

How about this angle. Redding is a good dude. So am I. I went to UM on scholarship money, but it was academics, not football. Why didn't I get a football scholarship? Because we were a machine when I was in school and I wasn't good enough nor big enough to be on the team. Unlike Redding, I did not make Iron Arrow. I do have respect for it and showed as much by mentioning that it was cool that he made Iron Arrow. Being an underachieving scholarship athlete and being an Iron Arrow are two distinctly different things, which was the basis for my comments. Cool that he made Iron Arrow; not cool that he didn't produce much on the field while had that football scholly.

I do agree though that the sole purpose of the University is to support the football team. We can include the basketball team in years they make the Final Four also.

Oh and I see you lurking @cway313

Not everyone on scholarship is going to be a stud. The 2001 team was probably the most talented college football of all-time yet they had players on roster who were perennial backups, to put it kindly. Yet, there is a role on a team for these guys if they show up to practice and give 110percent every day, of which I'm sure this is the case with the Redding as he's earned a prestigious award and Mario seems to like him around. We have enough posts on this forum calling our players Jags, busts even garbage, often praying they get cut loose or transfer out (great fans, btw). How about celebrating one of our young men who apparently has made the UM proud, not just in football?

Last edited:
So he now has one more career TD than career Iron Arrows.

He might not transfer, but he ain't taking any snaps after this spring. At least not in orange and green. Cool that he got Iron Arrow. Not cool that he has taken up a football scholarship the last 4 seasons. Classic Manny recruit.
That seasonal depression hitting hard bruh

Not everyone on scholarship is going to be a stud. The 2001 team was probably the most talented college football of all-time yet they had players on roster who were perennial backups, to put it kindly. Yet, there is a role on a team for these guys if they show up to practice and give 110percent every day, of which I'm sure this is the case with the Redding as he's earned a prestigious award and Mario seems to like him around. We have enough posts on this forum calling our players Jags, busts even garbage, often praying they get cut loose or transfer out (great fans, btw). How about celebrating one of our young men who apparently has made the UM proud, not just in football.
Far too often ,the life lessons college athletes experience are totally disregarded. Mike’s accomplishment should be celebrated and recognized with high regard.

Advertisement
If by "Super Secret Plays" you meant the installation of the victory formation, then you'd be correct!

I'm here now, they're experimenting with different players (both 1s and 2s) at many of the positions to ensure optimization, specifically focusing on the C-QB exchange and proper form for taking a knee to ensure minimal turnovers and injury prevention.
I t doesnt matter how much they practice. The ACC officials would rule the knee was not down. Play stands as called a fumble!!

Far too often ,the life lessons college athletes experience are totally disregarded. Mike’s accomplishment should be celebrated and recognized with high regard.

I really enjoy reading stuff about many of our former players, many of whom came from modest means who are now CEOs, lawyers, doctors, principals and maybe just a productive part of society. I am sure many are thankful for their Alma mater.

Advertisement
Not everyone on scholarship is going to be a stud. The 2001 team was probably the most talented college football of all-time yet they had players on roster who were perennial backups, to put it kindly. Yet, there is a role on a team for these guys if they show up to practice and give 110percent every day, of which I'm sure this is the case with the Redding as he's earned a prestigious award and Mario seems to like him around. We have enough posts on this forum calling our players Jags, busts even garbage, often praying they get cut loose or transfer out (great fans, btw). How about celebrating one of our young men who apparently has made the UM proud, not just in football.
I gave him his kudos for Iron Arrow. I did not give him kudos for football. I believe "underachieving" was the harshest desciptor I used when mentioning his football acumen and it's accurate. I never root against fellow Canes, except for Rashaun Jones and anyone else who does/did something like he did. I believe the issue that you and some others who don't like what I wrote is that the feeling is that I'm negating his Iron Arrow tapping and that simply is not true.

I also agree with all the things you said about him as it pertains to character and work ethic. I think you can get that with PWOs just the same. I wasn't knocking Redding personally. Quite honestly, he deserves a small hat tip for sticking out when he could've left like so many others did. That said, he still has had an incredibly underwhelming college football career.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So he now has one more career TD than career Iron Arrows.

He might not transfer, but he ain't taking any snaps after this spring. At least not in orange and green. Cool that he got Iron Arrow. Not cool that he has taken up a football scholarship the last 4 seasons. Classic Manny recruit.
Tonan extent youre right. His talent level doesn't stand out at all. But unlike **** near all of the Mandy recruits, this kid works his *** off. Leads by example in an area we can always use leaders.

Advertisement
Writing is on the wall for JB. I always get the feeling that MC is not a big fan of his.
The writing might be on the wall (reason why you always go after a qb each class), but I doubt Cristobal has I'll feelings toward Brown. Cristobal I'm sure likes Brown's character and work ethic (didn't Mario recruit his *** off to get Brown to Miami?).

Seems like this Mario doesn't like Brown is another fan fiction not rooted in reality

Advertisement
Back