Spring Practice Update

Advertisement
Still runs very high ....needs to become more shifty ... Speed will always be an issue

I doubt it for his size he still broke some touchdowns runs last year in the 25-45 range. Duke doesn't have long elite speed. A lot of backs don't. He doesn't have to since he is 6'2 235. All that really matter is that he has enough speed maybe even more than enought to be honest

I was going to say something and join the convo until I saw someone say Gus reminds them of gurley lmao

if gus was from South Florida all you guys would be saying how we stole an under the radar prospect. Is he an All American? Nope. but how many have already crowned Trayone Gray as the second coming and he has yet to prove anything? Gus will be thunder to Yearby's lighting. Similar to James and Miller. Gus has a role and its not to be a superstar.

His running style reminds me of a less physical James Stewart. If you remeber, he ran upright too and had a **** good year in 1994 for us.

I just don't know if gus can put it all together. If he does, that will make this offense even better. Hes a Jr so its really put up or shut up time.

Advertisement
Gus has not done much to really show he will ever be anything more than an average back. It is what it is.

Here is what will happen: all of the fans who are talking up Gus now will start ragging on him after the season is over when he fails to live up to their warped expectations. Happens every year.

Before you start talking about the NFL, let's hope he plays well in College first

Gus doing well will equal every RB we face doing well against us. Not a knock on Gus, as I am sure he's getting better, but our D is in for a world of hurt if they can't stop him.

I like Gus honestly ... I think he could be a good NFL running back

Still runs very high ....needs to become more shifty ... Speed will always be an issue

I completely disagree (respectfully) with the bold. He isn't a shifty back. Stop trying to dodge tacklers, lower your pads/helmet and run through them. God gave him that frame for a reason. His speed is more than fine.

Advertisement
Someone show me the difference between Gus an Connor from Pitt. He's just a big back who would probably be a fullback if not for his shiftiness and above average speed for his size. He's no Gurley but he doesn't suck either.

Gus doing well will equal every RB we face doing well against us. Not a knock on Gus, as I am sure he's getting better, but our D is in for a world of hurt if they can't stop him.

He has the talent just has to run behind his pads more

This. Has a lot in him to unleash. He can be Gurley ish.
You misspelled "girly".

His running style reminds me of a less physical James Stewart. If you remeber, he ran upright too and had a **** good year in 1994 for us.

I just don't know if gus can put it all together. If he does, that will make this offense even better. Hes a Jr so its really put up or shut up time.
A less physical James Stewart? That would put him in the Liberace category of brawn.

Advertisement

He has the talent just has to run behind his pads more

This. Has a lot in him to unleash. He can be Gurley ish.

Gurley? Are you kidding?

Advertisement
[video=youtube_share;Ej3DMxy0-XM]http://youtu.be/Ej3DMxy0-XM[/video]

If we played Savannah State 12 times next year we would win 10 games and Gus would look like a ALL America.

When pretty much your only highlights consist of a Savannah State game, there is a good chance you will do nothing of substance in college.

What were McGahee's highlights going into his redshirt sophomore season?...

If we played Savannah State 12 times next year we would win 10 games and Gus would look like a ALL America.

When pretty much your only highlights consist of a Savannah State game, there is a good chance you will do nothing of substance in college.

That's exactly why Gus will go for 1800 yards and 27 TDs this season.

Oh my.

Using perhaps the best running back in Miami history to make a comparison to Gus Edwards. I'm about to choke from laughing so hard.

Advertisement
Back