Spring Practice Update

ABear

Sophomore
Banned
Anyone got any news about who looks good as of 03/15/2015?

from the previous thread it sounds like --

RB -- Gus / Yearby -- looking good

DE -- AQM -- doing well

Thanks

Advertisement
Gus doing well will equal every RB we face doing well against us. Not a knock on Gus, as I am sure he's getting better, but our D is in for a world of hurt if they can't stop him.

Gus doing well will equal every RB we face doing well against us. Not a knock on Gus, as I am sure he's getting better, but our D is in for a world of hurt if they can't stop him.

I like Gus honestly ... I think he could be a good NFL running back

Advertisement
I think Gus Edwards has a bunch of potential.

He had some runs last year where I was like whoa. He definitely got better as the season progressed.

He may break out this year and really form a nice 1-2 punch with Yearby.

I don't know....I have seen some great back come to Miami...and when they get on the field...BOOM. Gus seems to be a work in progress still.

Advertisement

He has the talent just has to run behind his pads more

This. Has a lot in him to unleash. He can be Gurley ish.

Respectfully, I'm asking this as a serious question:

Do you really believe this, objectively?

So, if he was at FSU ... Would you see him as being able to be like Todd Gurley, or is that the hope because he plays for us?

Put down the pipe there buddy. Gus just isnt anywhere as physical as Gurley. He is closest to what Najeh was but nowhere near as fast as him. He is a big back that move way better than expected but he is a finesse back. He gets tackled way to easily for his size. Pretty much every time there was contact, Gus would go down, and he wasn't falling forward either. He has talent but he shouldn't even be spoken of in comparison to Gurley. Our problem is that we don't have a guy right now that has it all, hopefully Walton ends up that guy but remains to be seen. Yearby has incredible quickness, cuts, and vision but he can be arm tackled. We have issues at RB, and someone needs to step up.

lmaooooo

We need to see more of this from Gus Edwards.

[video=youtube_share;4IV1tHse9pQ]http://youtu.be/4IV1tHse9pQ[/video]

Advertisement
An a lot less of this by opposing defenders, who never laid him out, but where still able to tackle him one on one.

[video=youtube_share;JuHfdd-lonY]http://youtu.be/JuHfdd-lonY[/video]

Advertisement
I like Gus. Last year you could tell he was making a concerted effort to lower his pad level as he went through the hole.

Of course he's not Duke Johnson but he's a good back. I agree with the guys who say he goes down very easily for his size.

yall drinking that Orange and green kool aid.. Gus is average at best.. Sorry fellas, i just dont see it.

Respectfully, I'm asking this as a serious question:

Do you really believe this, objectively?

So, if he was at FSU ... Would you see him as being able to be like Todd Gurley, or is that the hope because he plays for us?

If he wasn't a Miami running back from out of state recruited by Al Golden.... would people here see him as having potential, or is it because he plays for us that people **** on him?

Gus is a beast. Yall will see that this year since he will get more touches since Duke is gone... Him yearby, gray and walton definitely will carry the load. The guy is a talented big back who is fast. For me personally I can't wait to see him run more and get more playing time... How can you expect for someone to improve if they can't show it on the field with an established starter who rushed for nearly 1700 and a backup back who had 600 yards rushing in front of them. He will shine this year imo

Advertisement
Back