Spring Practice Summary: 3/19

View as article
Advertisement
He didn't start a single game last year & barely played, yall are overreacting just to be overreacting.
My feeling on Knowles is the same as I stated re Irvin: if nothing else, it’s a guy that has been in the system and can provide depth.

To be clear: I don’t like his game. But there’s a reason he’s been playing. What that reason is, I don’t know.

Hall and Bolden and whoever else will have every opportunity to unseat him. Hopefully one steps up and does.

But to not want a guy that’s been playing meaningful snaps for the past 2 years is short sighted, IMO.

My feeling on Knowles is the same as I stated re Irvin: if nothing else, it’s a guy that has been in the system and can provide depth.

To be clear: I don’t like his game. But there’s a reason he’s been playing. What that reason is, I don’t know.

Hall and Bolden and whoever else will have every opportunity to unseat him. Hopefully one steps up and does.

But to not want a guy that’s been playing meaningful snaps for the past 2 years is short sighted, IMO.
Off the top of my head, I’ll point to redwine. Roasted year 1 & 2, good player year 3, probably drafted after year 4.

Yes, I realize there was a position change that probably helped.

But if I gave a shhit enough to give it more thought, there’s 1000 guys that the light clicked as upperclassmen. I’m hoping knowles is one of them.

And don’t forget - it’s been the same DC his whole time here. While the offense learns a whole new system, RK is the veteran who presumably knows how shhit works.

Advertisement
Diaz already said the starters so far were based more on the work done during the winter. He can't make mistakes in coverage or miss tackles if there's no games. He's being rewarded for the work he did in the winter. I don't see him getting much playing time if he keeps making the same mistakes he has in the past.

Saw this on facebook group not sure its been posted. Sounds like the type of QB needed for a bad oline

Yep. WTF happened to him? He wasn’t elite at uga, but he was never incompetent. Last season was a case study In incompetence,
Complete money grab from his "Alma mater"....
You know, the place where he barely saw the field and ran off to coach at it's biggest rival.

Advertisement
Yep. WTF happened to him? He wasn’t elite at uga, but he was never incompetent. Last season was a case study In incompetence,

Stubborn as ****. That's the same thing that happened to him at UGA. Too stubborn to make necessary changes. He is, who he's always been. When reality hit and he was told that he had to make changes, he was too stubborn to make them, and chose to fall on the blade instead.

Advertisement
Stubborn as ****. That's the same thing that happened to him at UGA. Too stubborn to make necessary changes. He is, who he's always been. When reality hit and he was told that he had to make changes, he was too stubborn to make them, and chose to fall on the blade instead.
You’re right, but that level of obtuseness is pathological.

Advertisement
Key words here are “early take” . Two spring practices in and the premature analysis gurus are already out of control
It's a very accurate take. Also the guys analysis isn't sho much based on him in this offense (two practices they have a limited availability towards) but tate as a quarterback which isn't exactly new. There is substantial film on him. All that said I'd still expect him to get better in the passing game as well. Kids a gamer. Loves to compete(I know so why did he leave. Don't Know him like that so I won't comment) but competition makes our breaks kids. Let's see what happens

Advertisement
Back