Spring Practice Day 1 Video!

Advertisement
Dudes out here analyzing claps in warm-ups. Can't wait for some real football to be played.

Of all the shi* that gets over-analyzed on this board - I'd say commenting on the demeanor of our qb in his first spring practice, who's coming off of a terrible year and is in the midst of qb battle, isn't over the top. Just simply stating that he doesn't look too enthusiastic.

Advertisement
Wouldnt say it was a turrible year when he set the schools single season touchdown record. Also (I know if) if he plays Arkansas and has 2tds and 200 yards passing that puts him 2nd in TD's and 3rd in passing among ACC QB's.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/conferences/statistics/player/_/id/1/acc-conference

Okay - maybe terrible was harsh but any person with a pulse that watches football and pays attention to UM recognizes that QB is a pain point. There isn't an article about Spring practice that doesn't refer to it. I'm simply saying he looked un-enthused and wasn't participating. Not something you want to see out of your starting qb.

And - that's an interesting point - how many college qb's set single season TD records last year and are returning to QB battles? Anyhow...

What gets me mad is the back end on defense.....a miami team has no excuses we should always field first rounders in back there at cb alll over the place. Losing a couple of elite kids yearly from instate wont help us there. Hopefully we close but if hisyory serves me we wont be able too. I tell u what thpugh we should beat teams we r suppose to beat and we should be just as good as lastyear. I dont think we will get over the hump in the acc title game unless a superstar emerges at qb cause that chamges evsrything
i think we have DB talent. its just young.

Who cares if you are a Rah Rah guy as QB. That doesn’t mean you win games... Accuracy, timing, touch on your throws has nothing to do with your personality on the field rather you are Baker Mayfield or Sam Darnold.. Every QB isn’t a vocal leader or has those qualities. That can come from a RB, WR, OL. Etc..
Point is if you don’t excel at the QB position by going through your progressions, making the throws, and moving the chains you better be a “Rah Rah” guy and try to at least inspire/motivate your teammates. At least give me one or the other...not having either isn’t very promising.

Advertisement
Point is if you don’t excel at the QB position by going through your progressions, making the throws, and moving the chains you better be a “Rah Rah” guy and try to at least inspire/motivate your teammates. At least give me one or the other...not having either isn’t very promising.

Rosier isn’t a great QB. Yelling and screaming at his teammates isn’t going to change that. Rosier is a laid back dude. He’s not gonna all of a sudden change his personality after 20 years.. If he was a better passer no one would care if he was a mute..

Also happy as **** for Malik Young looks like hes coaching and learning from Rumph, good for him happy for the kid one door closes another opens.
Also CMR is big on hiring former players I hope he finds a way on a staff. Wish him nothing but the best.

Who cares if you are a Rah Rah guy as QB. That doesn’t mean you win games... Accuracy, timing, touch on your throws has nothing to do with your personality on the field rather you are Baker Mayfield or Sam Darnold.. Every QB isn’t a vocal leader or has those qualities. That can come from a RB, WR, OL. Etc..

Well he was terrible at that as well...

If he cant be the guy everyone will fight in a trench with on top of not being able to do his job on the field he needs to be replaced..

Wouldnt say it was a turrible year when he set the schools single season touchdown record. Also (I know if) if he plays Arkansas and has 2tds and 200 yards passing that puts him 2nd in TD's and 3rd in passing among ACC QB's.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/conferences/statistics/player/_/id/1/acc-conference

Stop giving me the Golden, D’ONofrio lines. That, “the total defense was 13th in the nation, so our def was exceptional” bull!

Fact: He was 62nd in QB Efficiency
Fact: He was 54th in completions/gm
Fact: He was 98th in completion % (which is even more glaring since he wasn’t slanging the rock like that)
Fact: 26 TDs 14ints (more than a 2:1 ratio)

He was bad. You’re not counting the NUMEROUS short fields he was given, or the **** poor RZ %, or the **** poor completion % over his last 5 games.

He was that bad. We won 10 games w a DII QB, period. He did some good things, but he did a whole lotta bad things.

Advertisement
Rosier isn’t a great QB. Yelling and screaming at his teammates isn’t going to change that. Rosier is a laid back dude. He’s not gonna all of a sudden change his personality after 20 years.. If he was a better passer no one would care if he was a mute..

I have to disagree. Respectfully. I don't know that yelling and screaming has anything to do with it. However, the QB should be vocal (either through voice or actions) and constantly be setting an example. You have to own the huddle. Own the team. Convince everyone on the team to go all in with you regardless of which direction you're going. Have some sort of swagger.

you don't have to bounce around like Baker Mayfield, although I'd take it all day, but always be that guy that was skipping around Doak Campbell with a defiant grin on his face after FSwho took the lead. You can't be the guy on day 1 of Spring ball who looks like he just rolled out of bed and HAS to be at practice.

Full disclosure - I'm going off of 10 seconds of video. He could have been a **** wild man the rest of the time for all I know.

Stop giving me the Golden, D’ONofrio lines. That, “the total defense was 13th in the nation, so our def was exceptional” bull!

Fact: He was 98th in completion % (which is even more glaring since he wasn’t slanging the rock like that)

He was bad. You’re not counting the NUMEROUS short fields he was given, or the **** poor RZ %, or the **** poor completion % over his last 5 games.

He was that bad. We won 10 games w a DII QB, period. He did some good things, but he did a whole lotta bad things.

This post is spot on. His bad was terrible and his good was average. Imagine what this team can do with a DI QB under center.

Advertisement
I have to disagree. Respectfully. I don't know that yelling and screaming has anything to do with it. However, the QB should be vocal (either through voice or actions) and constantly be setting an example. You have to own the huddle. Own the team. Convince everyone on the team to go all in with you regardless of which direction you're going. Have some sort of swagger.

you don't have to bounce around like Baker Mayfield, although I'd take it all day, but always be that guy that was skipping around Doak Campbell with a defiant grin on his face after FSwho took the lead. You can't be the guy on day 1 of Spring ball who looks like he just rolled out of bed and HAS to be at practice.

Full disclosure - I'm going off of 10 seconds of video. He could have been a **** wild man the rest of the time for all I know.

Plain and simple the QB should be the leader, period. He should be able to rally the troops. He should have the command of and respect from THE ENTIRE team. Like you said, yelling and screaming has nothing to do w it.

That’s what we’re missing. If we’re not going to have that type of QB, then our def gotta be lights out (see the 94 team). Kosar, Walsh, Testaverde, Gino, and Dorsey all had the respect of the entire team. That’s why QBs get paid exponentially higher than any other position in football.

We need that leader. We don’t need an “aw shucks, coach....I threw another int” type of a QB. We need a QB who gets ****ed when they make a mistake and go to the def afterwards, “my fault fellas; get me the ball back and imma wreck those chumps” type of a QB!

And, Rosier is not showing he’s coachable, b/c everything he’s been taught not to do, he reverts right back in to doing. Get him, and his Superman curl/Francois man-bun hair style out of my face!

A whole lot of bad things period...

Plain and simple the QB should be the leader, period. He should be able to rally the troops. He should have the command of and respect from THE ENTIRE team. Like you said, yelling and screaming has nothing to do w it.

That’s what we’re missing. If we’re not going to have that type of QB, then our def gotta be lights out (see the 94 team). Kosar, Walsh, Testaverde, Gino, and Dorsey all had the respect of the entire team. That’s why QBs get paid exponentially higher than any other position in football.

We need that leader. We don’t need an “aw shucks, coach....I threw another int” type of a QB. We need a QB who gets ****ed when they make a mistake and go to the def afterwards, “my fault fellas; get me the ball back and imma wreck those chumps” type of a QB!

And, Rosier is not showing he’s coachable, b/c everything he’s been taught not to do, he reverts right back in to doing. Get him, and his Superman curl/Francois man-bun hair style out of my face!

CHURCH

Not to mention that the offense we ran was partially designed to protect our QB deficiencies. Rosier would look at one read and if that wasn't open tuck and run. I don't know if that was on him or if he was told to do that but it left big plays on the field. Not that he could deliver the ball on a consistent basis when those moments presented themselves.

Rosier made some **** clutch plays last year and I'll always remember that, but his abysmal performance at times made those plays necessary.

Advertisement
Back