Spring Practice Day 1 Video!

I'll prefice my response by saying I would like to see higher play out of the QB play.

Not sure where I said MR was excptional, just that he wasnt turrible (Barkley voice). And you cant discount the first half of the year where the majority of the posters on this board had nothing but praise for him. Also, the above stats show that hes above average in 2/3 of the stats you mentioned above and his TD passes also rank above average. He was a factor in winning us a few games and deffinetly was a factor in losing us a few games.

terrible seasons below:
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/kirby-freeman-1.html
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/kyle-wright-1.html

Bro; what good are TDs if you’re giving the ball up? And you can’t be in the bottom half of the league in completions. And u do realize this is taking in to account how he fared w FBS non power 5 QBs as well, right?

You can’t complete 54% of your passes, period. You can’t be in the bottom half in efficiency or kill your def w 3 and outs.

Advertisement
Bro; what good are TDs if you’re giving the ball up? And you can’t be in the bottom half of the league in completions. And u do realize this is taking in to account how he fared w FBS non power 5 QBs as well, right?

You can’t complete 54% of your passes, period. You can’t be in the bottom half in efficiency or kill your def w 3 and outs.

Totally agree with the above, and yes I understand the totality of taking in all 130 FBS programs. I was just saying that it wasnt a terrible season, **** yeah it was a terrible end to the season. He led the ACC in ints, but was 2nd in TD's and 5th in yards and that was with out AST game.
And he beat FSU

But back to Rosier. I'm not sure what yall want this man to be. There was a reason he had the offers he had out of HS.. If Kaaya didnt leave early he was never going to play here ever. The man has overachieved and yall are bashing him like he was a 5 star QB coming out of HS.. Yall act like he's suppose to be Peyton Manning just because he's our starting QB now. He had all mid major offers besides UM.. Kosi wasnt ready last year, Sheriffs couldnt even start on a good HS florida football team last year, Rosier was the only option. As bad as he was in some moments, we could have been a lot worse..

I think most agree with you. The young man did his best. But going forward, we need more.

Who cares if you are a Rah Rah guy as QB. That doesn’t mean you win games... Accuracy, timing, touch on your throws has nothing to do with your personality on the field rather you are Baker Mayfield or Sam Darnold.. Every QB isn’t a vocal leader or has those qualities. That can come from a RB, WR, OL. Etc..

Jay Cutler approves this post

Was that Scaife holding up with Bethel? I hope Dean can prove himself that makeup speed can't be taught. Can't wait to see the PR/KR set up. Pope should get a shot when he gets on campus JT4, Harley, Lingard, Homer, Dallas. Nice that Homer can get a shot now that we have a stable behind him.

Advertisement
Plain and simple the QB should be the leader, period. He should be able to rally the troops. He should have the command of and respect from THE ENTIRE team. Like you said, yelling and screaming has nothing to do w it.

That’s what we’re missing. If we’re not going to have that type of QB, then our def gotta be lights out (see the 94 team). Kosar, Walsh, Testaverde, Gino, and Dorsey all had the respect of the entire team. That’s why QBs get paid exponentially higher than any other position in football.

We need that leader. We don’t need an “aw shucks, coach....I threw another int” type of a QB. We need a QB who gets ****ed when they make a mistake and go to the def afterwards, “my fault fellas; get me the ball back and imma wreck those chumps” type of a QB!

And, Rosier is not showing he’s coachable, b/c everything he’s been taught not to do, he reverts right back in to doing. Get him, and his Superman curl/Francois man-bun hair style out of my face!
Never seen a man-bun work out. Even worse if it goes along with sweet dancing.

Advertisement
Dj Dallas would touch the ball the most this season if it were up to me. The kid is insanely special.

But back to Rosier. I'm not sure what yall want this man to be. There was a reason he had the offers he had out of HS.. If Kaaya didnt leave early he was never going to play here ever. The man has overachieved and yall are bashing him like he was a 5 star QB coming out of HS.. Yall act like he's suppose to be Peyton Manning just because he's our starting QB now. He had all mid major offers besides UM.. Kosi wasnt ready last year, Sheriffs couldnt even start on a good HS florida football team last year, Rosier was the only option. As bad as he was in some moments, we could have been a lot worse..

^^^^
So True!! I Agree 100% and I bash him a lot.

But that does put it back in perspective.

Still, that being said and while I appreciate his many contributions, in order for this program to progress further we need much better play from the QB position that's a fact, plain and simple.

If Rosier can up his game and consistently deliver, then great. IMO he's already given us the best he is capable of giving. Asking for more from him may be fruitless.

Its up to Richt to decide whether to continue investing into this one year project OR whether to start building for the future NOW.

You know which QBs have the respect of and command over the team? The great ones. Bad QBs never have the real respect of the team because the team resents them.

What gets me mad is the back end on defense.....a miami team has no excuses we should always field first rounders in back there at cb alll over the place. Losing a couple of elite kids yearly from instate wont help us there. Hopefully we close but if hisyory serves me we wont be able too. I tell u what thpugh we should beat teams we r suppose to beat and we should be just as good as lastyear. I dont think we will get over the hump in the acc title game unless a superstar emerges at qb cause that chamges evsrything

tumblr_mdr0b4Fha61r8dy8go2_250.gif

We don't need s superstar QB, just a decent one that makes good decisions ( aka not throwing Int's directly to D-Ends stlanding in front of them, I almost broke my TV) and we will make the playoffs. Orange & Green all day.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back