Spring Game Video

View as article
Not sure why everyone has killed Crow, kid looks the part and made the best throws of the scrimmage. He isn't, as should be expected, as consistent as Williams but there might be something there. I think he's got more upside than what was reported during his recruitment and practice reports, and more than Dewey.

Advertisement
Just once I'd like to see Ray Ray make a play for an interception by making a good read and breaking on the ball.

All his seem to fall in lap.

Agreed. We've been sorely lacing playmakers in the secondary for a long time. Even when we had Kenny Phillips he was a rock solid player but never transcended his assignment. Was nice to see McGee make a nice play on the ball and get an INT in the game. If Ray Ray dedicates himself to watching film like he did training/conditioning this offseason it'll come.

Like how Rodgers just whipped Scott, and then got in his face and let him know. Very impressive since Scott had the momentum at impact.

Advertisement
Main thing I noticed from all of those was the oline getting pushed back and defense getting through the holes. Is it good defense and assignments or is it oline making mistakes, or oline getting flat manhandled?

when AG was hired, I was confident that we would have a good D pretty quick. it was awful for the first 6 games or so last year mostly due to injuries, suspensions, new system, **** at DB, etc.

think the D will be much better this year and only get better as we bring in fresh blood.

the offense needs playmakers in the worst way. this is not a surprise though to anyone with the slightest bit of foresight since we lost pretty much all of our offensive production in TB, Street, and Miller. as much as I am glad to end the J12 era, there is a reason that he started over Morris last year.

QB may still be a couple of years away at best tbh. Morris is probably a stop gap. we don't have any vet WRs or RBs that have shown they can carry the load and/or provide the big play.

that being said, we do play in the ACC and get most of our tough conf games at home this year. I want to see smart, hardnosed football with a defense that lights people up. I'd much rather have a pedestrian offense and a lights out defense than a big play offense and charmin soft D

when AG was hired, I was confident that we would have a good D pretty quick. it was awful for the first 6 games or so last year mostly due to injuries, suspensions, new system, **** at DB, etc.

think the D will be much better this year and only get better as we bring in fresh blood.

the offense needs playmakers in the worst way. this is not a surprise though to anyone with the slightest bit of foresight since we lost pretty much all of our offensive production in TB, Street, and Miller. as much as I am glad to end the J12 era, there is a reason that he started over Morris last year.

QB may still be a couple of years away at best tbh. Morris is probably a stop gap. we don't have any vet WRs or RBs that have shown they can carry the load and/or provide the big play.

that being said, we do play in the ACC and get most of our tough conf games at home this year. I want to see smart, hardnosed football with a defense that lights people up. I'd much rather have a pedestrian offense and a lights out defense than a big play offense and charmin soft D

With Golden's specialty being the DL

Advertisement

Wasn't Al Golden an Oline man at Penn St?

Wasn't Al Golden an Oline man at Penn St?

Golden was a TE, iirc.

I really like Flowers.. check out his block at 6:18.. double team then broke out to pancake #47.. I hope he can come in and cement one spot.

Advertisement
Back