Spring Game MVPs

Luke Caneswalker

Grad Transfer
Man. It’s great to be a Miami Hurricane!

Had fun out there with y’all. I figured I’ll do a MVP by position group.

Post yours!

QB - TVD. I mean the tape speaks for itself

RB - Perry. Thad ran tough but way to make a name walk on !!

TE - Brantley. He had a lot of opportunities with 2/3 rd team. Looked good along with the rest. I’m choosing him based on making the most out of limited TE passes. TVD did miss 2 wide open wheel routes. I’m sure they will review in film study.

WR - ehh… I guess I have to choose someone so X? Kinda lackluster as a unit with overall separation and catches.

OL- starting 5. It’s a noticeable difference. Idk if they weren’t calling any holding penalties intentionally or our DE’s aren’t good enough to challenge them but the OL excelled.

Defense. Won the spring game period…. **** our secondary looks good!!

DE- Thomas Davis for abusing mike Mcsomething. No disrespect just can’t spell his name. Besides that. Eh.

DT. Actually Taylor. Overall I think the DTs were ok.

LB- Steed…. We need some guys there. K4 was iight today.

DB- Gilbert frierson and tecory couch. **** of a day from both of them.

Honorable mention - Tae Williams.

Honorable mention- every single corner. They rode hip pockets all day! I’m telling y’all those corners looked good. DJ Ivey honestly took ladson out the game 🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
Advertisement
K4 started with a bang as he always does in every single game, remember the Bama game? Then he goes missing for a while. I’m expecting more than 1st series fireworks from him this season.

Advertisement
Coach Addae

We haven't had anything to really be excited about, in our defensive backfield, in awhile. We all thought TRob would change that, but it just didn't happen. Today, with the same 'chicken sh#t salad', we looked wayyyyyy better. No miscommunication. No poor technique. I mean, even DJ looked good. If this unit continues to improve, we might have something next season. I'm really impressed by the progress every DB has made. Kudos to Addae!

Man. It’s great to be a Miami Hurricane!

Had fun out there with y’all. I figured I’ll do a MVP by position group.

Post yours!

QB - TVD. I mean the tape speaks for itself

RB - Perry. Thad ran tough but way to make a name walk on !!

TE - Brantley. He had a lot of opportunities with 2/3 rd team. Looked good along with the rest. I’m choosing him based on making the most out of limited TE passes. TVD did miss 2 wide open wheel routes. I’m sure they will review in film study.

WR - ehh… I guess I have to choose someone so X? Kinda lackluster as a unit with overall separation and catches.

OL- starting 5. It’s a noticeable difference. Idk if they weren’t calling any holding penalties intentionally or our DE’s aren’t good enough to challenge them but the OL excelled.

Defense. Won the spring game period…. **** our secondary looks good!!

DE- Thomas Davis for abusing mike Mcsomething. No disrespect just can’t spell his name. Besides that. Eh.

DT. Actually Taylor. Overall I think the DTs were ok.

LB- Steed…. We need some guys there. K4 was iight today.

DB- Gilbert frierson and tecory couch. **** of a day from both of them.

Honorable mention - Tae Williams.

Honorable mention- every single corner. They rode hip pockets all day! I’m telling y’all those corners looked good. DJ Ivey honestly took ladson out the game 🤷🏾‍♂️
I want Parrish to get comfortable enough to spell Rooster so there isn’t a drop in play calling do we keep the pressure on even with a breather.

We need Parrish plus Chaney at full throttle our goal is to platoon so everyone has the sweat going from playing and in the game flow feeling it .

Off-season training is critical including intense film study like Restrepo and elite example.

We do this oh boy scary backfield

GOCANES

Advertisement
Not starting **** this time, but for all the hype and praise, TVD was underwhelming to me today. Missed way too many passes and started too slow again…

It’s a Spring Game. He’ll be fine. But didn’t get the MVP vibe OP got.
Compared to the other QBs, he was the MVP

Not starting **** this time, but for all the hype and praise, TVD was underwhelming to me today. Missed way too many passes and started too slow again…

It’s a Spring Game. He’ll be fine. But didn’t get the MVP vibe OP got.
With as many drops as there were, I respectfully disagree.

Semper Canes!!!

Not to take away from the kids day or the OL but when your front seven let’s a walk-on do that 🤮

I’m pretty sure anyone you put in the backfield was gonna move the sticks a couple times. There’s a lot of work to do.

Advertisement
With as many drops as there were, I respectfully disagree.

Semper Canes!!!
I agree , I want this to stop repeating itself, we cannot have just (2) receivers who can catch if this holds true these two who can catch will get killed.

Mario is going to explode in film study watching the drops if it continues you cut the cancer out or it will spread.

I’m FOUL about this I can’t imagine Mario’s foulness about this.

You can’t catch then you PINE and we’ll do whatever needs to be done to get PASS CATCHERS .

We MUST stop this NOW , can’t believe it’s here again trying to reinfected us again.

This tells me some didn’t train in offseason #1 rule broken.

NEVER EVER STOP TRAINING IN THE CHASE FOR RINGS.

I’d tell them you better come back able to catch our you NOT A WR .

GOCANES

Guess it was just me but i wasnt too impressed on TVD today missed alot of deep throws and under thew the free play by alot . Cant blame him on all the drops thought we have to clean that up

Guess it was just me but i wasnt too impressed on TVD today missed alot of deep throws and under thew the free play by alot . Cant blame him on all the drops thought we have to clean that up
Yea @k9cane and me discussed it a little bit in his thread that TVD seemed a lil off and late with some throws.. I wont hold it against him too much as with all the hype he has he still doesnt even have a full season of starts under his belt and no bowl game so he still young and new offense.. Felt he held ball a click too long.. But he has shown to start slow so lets see, he deserves benefit of doubt as he has earned it compared to some other players who show nothing and get love no matter what, lol..

Advertisement
Back