Spring Game MVPs

Even a broken clock is right twice a day 🤣😎

You’ve been really clear on this one my man. Amidst the excitement around the program and Miami athletics in general, we need to remain balanced and realize there is still a lot to build. TVD is one of those examples. He was really good at times last year, but also left a lot room for improvement. It’s exciting because by all accounts he is sharp and a hard worker and has the opportunity to keep moving forward.
& He has a dude working with him now that is known to bring the best out of his room... Ponce is the man for that job.

Advertisement
Why do y'all not pay attention to the things goin on? I'm not trying to tell y'all what to expect period far as wins or losses go. First step is producing a better product on the field(1b in that equation is wins and losses). Only thing I'd point out to you guys is the turn over on staffs throughout the acc this off-season. It wasn't just us that said enough is enough and that boost in coaching will normally bring about a boost in play. I'd expect the acc to start to tighten up again sooner rather than later. We shouldn't take a back seat to any conference. But if we do let's at least not make it ALL OF THEM...
All I'm saying is if 7 wins is what we can expect next year, why did we triple coaching salaries? We **** sure should compete for something this year, and 7 wins aint doing that. I'm not expecting a playoff spot, and I'm certainly not expecting a season without some bumps along the way. But 7 wins? Man, we gotta do better than 7 wins or something is really wrong. 7 wins is what you get with a cheap staff, a QB that can't throw, and an O coached by Dan Enos. We're better than that, right? I think we are.

I know I'm gonna catch **** for this but the spring game was a crash back down to earth for me. I got caught up in the hype.

I know I'm gonna catch **** for this but the spring game was a crash back down to earth for me. I got caught up in the hype.
Think they showed very little in the spring game on purpose. I think there’s concerns but also a massive over reaction on CIS over the game. Also a lot of key players missing in spring that could help fill some desires

All I'm saying is if 7 wins is what we can expect next year, why did we triple coaching salaries? We **** sure should compete for something this year, and 7 wins aint doing that. I'm not expecting a playoff spot, and I'm certainly not expecting a season without some bumps along the way. But 7 wins? Man, we gotta do better than 7 wins or something is really wrong. 7 wins is what you get with a cheap staff, a QB that can't throw, and an O coached by Dan Enos. We're better than that, right? I think we are.
Because Rome wasn't built in a day. And before it was, someone had to pay for the architects, the stone, the materials, the transportation to build it all. Coaches salaries are a deposit against future results. Perhaps one day we agree or disagree on the return on that investment, but you can't make an investment without putting money up front, and no investment pays off FULLY, immediately. Usually.

Advertisement
For those who are feeling underwhelmed.

Gattis was hired 1 full moon ago. The offense off rip has a slower start early and it’s still an acclimation period for everyone.

I think we all feel the same way about our defense but you got to atleast be excited for our secondary. Coach Addae has them boys looking good albeit against receivers they are gonna know best.

My spring overreaction is we will have a MIAMI secondary this year.

Because Rome wasn't built in a day. And before it was, someone had to pay for the architects, the stone, the materials, the transportation to build it all. Coaches salaries are a deposit against future results. Perhaps one day we agree or disagree on the return on that investment, but you can't make an investment without putting money up front, and no investment pays off FULLY, immediately. Usually.
I agree with your sentiment 100% no questions.

I would argue, however, 7 wins would be a disappointment but still well within the realm of possibility. We have 3 guaranteed wins, not including Duke or GT which is one more automatic win than last year. We almost won 9 games inspite of Manny and co’s incompetence.

We have largely the same team as last year. In my opinion, 8 wins +/- 1 win is what we can expect. 7 wins means something went wrong such as a lot of injuries. 9 wins because we got lucky bounces to go our way.

I don’t think getting one more win than last year with Cristobal as HC and the staff that he has assembled is an unrealistic expectation. The only unrealistic expectation are the fools that are saying anything less than 10 wins is a failure.

There's no way this is an accurate depiction of your intellect... You've always seemed so witty. So I'll answer this the easiest way possible. Wins THIS season is not an accurate depiction of anything(do I think we will have more than 7 wins, 100% I do). What I'm looking for THIS season is a team that has improved in our approach to the game from top to bottom. When you elect a new president, do you attempt to have him thrown out of office if his first year in he doesn't correct everything wrong in the world? Was world war 1 in reality a minor squabble? This is about the future of this program NOT ABOUT 1 GOD **** SEASON THAT NO MATTER WHAT WE DO WE ARENT GOING TO BE GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP IN REGARDLESS... You act like all of a sudden we're set at line backer, we're set at corner, we're set at wr, we're set on both sides of the line so results are a given... This team since richt, wins or losses has simply been a crap shoot. Nothing has been about execution and dominance. It's been about we can pull out our dumb *** turn over chain because this qb who has no business starting anywhere in the country just lobbed up some lame duck pass that our db simply happened to be in the right spot to pick off... I don't care whether or not any of y'all believe it, the ONLY POSITION WE HAVE BEEN EXECUTING AT AN ELITE LEVEL FOR IN YEARS NOW HAS BEEN DEFENSIVE END(& punter)... Let that really sink in because whether or not anyone believes it, it's the only truth there is. & Guess what we got no end capable of performing like that right now regardless. We are reinventing the wheel for a good chunk of these boys. Luckily so are plenty of other teams in the conference as well. It's simply a matter of better fits right now. If I HAD TO GUESS, if say this season is all about Carolina & Clemson. Because Carolina has had multiple classes put together who emphasize that particular scheme. We've had 14 kids who we recruited to play the brand of football we want moving forward. If you think that works even against the bad news bears than my friend, clearly that witty persona is simply wasted because that would make anyone who believes that simply a jackass... Our results shouldn't be based on how bad other teams are. It's based on how well we execute our game plan...

There's no way this is an accurate depiction of your intellect... You've always seemed so witty. So I'll answer this the easiest way possible. Wins THIS season is not an accurate depiction of anything(do I think we will have more than 7 wins, 100% I do). What I'm looking for THIS season is a team that has improved in our approach to the game from top to bottom. When you elect a new president, do you attempt to have him thrown out of office if his first year in he doesn't correct everything wrong in the world? Was world war 1 in reality a minor squabble? This is about the future of this program NOT ABOUT 1 GOD **** SEASON THAT NO MATTER WHAT WE DO WE ARENT GOING TO BE GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP IN REGARDLESS... You act like all of a sudden we're set at line backer, we're set at corner, we're set at wr, we're set on both sides of the line so results are a given... This team since richt, wins or losses has simply been a crap shoot. Nothing has been about execution and dominance. It's been about we can pull out our dumb *** turn over chain because this qb who has no business starting anywhere in the country just lobbed up some lame duck pass that our db simply happened to be in the right spot to pick off... I don't care whether or not any of y'all believe it, the ONLY POSITION WE HAVE BEEN EXECUTING AT AN ELITE LEVEL FOR IN YEARS NOW HAS BEEN DEFENSIVE END(& punter)... Let that really sink in because whether or not anyone believes it, it's the only truth there is. & Guess what we got no end capable of performing like that right now regardless. We are reinventing the wheel for a good chunk of these boys. Luckily so are plenty of other teams in the conference as well. It's simply a matter of better fits right now. If I HAD TO GUESS, if say this season is all about Carolina & Clemson. Because Carolina has had multiple classes put together who emphasize that particular scheme. We've had 14 kids who we recruited to play the brand of football we want moving forward. If you think that works even against the bad news bears than my friend, clearly that witty persona is simply wasted because that would make anyone who believes that simply a jackass... Our results shouldn't be based on how bad other teams are. It's based on how well we execute our game plan...

This is about the same team we had last year, minus Rambo. THAT team was three plays away from winning 10 games. Now, with better coaching, experienced QB, better OL, deeper backfield, and yes, the same holes on D we had last year, we aren't allowed to have at least slightly higher expectations than 7 wins? What **** sense does that make?

I expect some problems, obviously, but for the love of God when you pay what we are paying for a staff, I expect better results than what the last group gave us, in year one. This is supposed to be a professional staff, and professional staffs should be able to take a 7 win team in improve on it.

I know the team has holes, but we also have enough talent to walk the Coastal, and if this staff is half as good on Saturdays as they are on paper, we will do just that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back