Spring Game MVPs

Advertisement
We can’t catch period, TVD is a proven elite high draft choice QB not a concern at all.

We have a bigger problem we CANNOT CATCH the football this is and has been proven a constant issue that if not fixed will prop it head up at 3rd and long at TAM .

GOCANES

Calm Down Chill Out GIF by FOX TV

Coach Addae

We haven't had anything to really be excited about, in our defensive backfield, in awhile. We all thought TRob would change that, but it just didn't happen. Today, with the same 'chicken sh#t salad', we looked wayyyyyy better. No miscommunication. No poor technique. I mean, even DJ looked good. If this unit continues to improve, we might have something next season. I'm really impressed by the progress every DB has made. Kudos to Addae!
Addae is going to be young superstar in the coaching profession.He going to be a P5 DC in two years max

I want Parrish to get comfortable enough to spell Rooster so there isn’t a drop in play calling do we keep the pressure on even with a breather.

We need Parrish plus Chaney at full throttle our goal is to platoon so everyone has the sweat going from playing and in the game flow feeling it .

Off-season training is critical including intense film study like Restrepo and elite example.

We do this oh boy scary backfield

GOCANES
Really curious to see what Citizen can bring to the table as well. The backfield is loaded but his talent is undeniable

Advertisement
Overall i enjoyed the enthusiasm. If this team underachieves this year its not for a lack of coaching and support. The OL seemed to zero in on their assignments and looked much improved. Despite the players who didn’t participate we have talent. Mario will fill the holes. I look for the team to be more ball control and not just look for the big play. The coaching staff is lights out and i also see the players buying in. No injuries and there’s a lot to look forward to. i like the schedule coming up next season. A win at Clemson or A&M would be huge. Go Canes.

I keep forgetting Citizen , I want everyone in off-season conditioning full throttle everyone health eggar to perform.
Yeah the backfield has some talent for sure but from everything I’ve heard about Citizen, he was really underrated and undervalued (even though he was highly ranked) in high school

Looks like an elite talent

TVD missed some easy throws
He goes through spells where he does that.

I don't know what everyone elses expectations for TVD are this season, but I'm not expecting Heisman numbers.

I'm fine with 30 TDS, 8 INTS, 400 yds rushing, 250 yards passing per game. That's what I'm thinking.

Advertisement
Addae is going to be young superstar in the coaching profession.He going to be a P5 DC in two years max

Dunson looked GOOD! I expect Tyrique to hold down one of the CB spots. I can't wait to watch the battle between Porter, Blades, Couch, Dunson.. and DJ... for the other CB spot. We have some very raw players at CB. Addae, so far, has that group playing the best ball we've seen out of them in awhile.

Plus, Harris and Graves have the athleticism to the type of DBs we haven't seen here in decades. I actually am not a DB guy. I played on the line and understand the line. Thats why I've been preaching that we need a portal NT in the worst way. But, I definitely noticed the difference in our DBs. They were in our WRs hip pockets all night.

And, I think you're right. I think he'll be offered a promotion soon enough. Which would mean he was successful here and I'm down with that.

From my vantage point watching it live, Jake Garcia was the best player in the scrimmage IMO.

Advertisement
QB - TVD sailed throws. Garcia doesn’t have a deep ball. Freshman sailed balls.

RB - Parrish looked slow and fragile. Some versatility as a receiver. Thad looks good in pads but went down too easy. Lacks speed to get to the edge.

WR - maybe the worst group in the ACC. 7 on 7 heroes who can’t catch the football in pads. Don’t fight back for the ball. Soft group overall except Restreppo, who lacks the athleticism to be a #1.

TE - injury bug, but Arroyo looks good. Is Mallory ever not hurt?

OL - Better coached, but lacking talent. Zion is overrated. The right side of the line is weak. Need tackles,

DT - small and weak, only LT looks the part with the rest being jags. Stopping the run will be a problem against better competition

DE - zero difference makers. Does not look like a Miami unit. There is no Phillips, Rousseau, etc in this group. Bottom half ACC ability

LB - worst unit in the ACC. Mario has done nothing to address so hopefully we get portal help. And not just some jag from UCLA either, like real difference makers.

S - Best unit on the team. Championship ready

CB - It’d TS and a bunch of Jags behind him. Years of poor recruiting are evident.

Overall, this is a 7 win team unless we get some major portal studs, which I doubt we will. Would have already happened if so, and we stay losing these battles to the SEC, USC, and the Texas schools.

This will be a rebuilding year IMO

RB - Parrish looked slow and fragile. Some versatility as a receiver. Thad looks good in pads but went down too easy. Lacks speed to get to the edge.

WR - maybe the worst group in the ACC. 7 on 7 heroes who can’t catch the football in pads. Don’t fight back for the ball. Soft group overall except Restreppo, who lacks the athleticism to be a #1.

OL - Better coached, but lacking talent. Zion is overrated. The right side of the line is weak. Need tackles,

DT - small and weak, only LT looks the part with the rest being jags. Stopping the run will be a problem against better competition

DE - zero difference makers. Does not look like a Miami unit. There is no Phillips, Rousseau, etc in this group. Bottom half ACC ability

LB - worst unit in the ACC. Mario has done nothing to address so hopefully we get portal help. And not just some jag from UCLA either, like real difference makers.

CB - It’d TS and a bunch of Jags behind him. Years of poor recruiting are evident.

Overall, this is a 7 win team unless we get some major portal studs, which I doubt we will. Would have already happened if so, and we stay losing these battles to the SEC, USC, and the Texas schools.

This staff should be able to squeeze out more than 7 wins. You don't spend this kind of money for 7 wins.

Let's be real here. We SHOULD have won the Coastal last year with Manny. If we can only muster 7 wins with this staff, and the players available, there are going to be serious questions needing to be answered.

Advertisement

This is a harsh but realistic view. It’s accurate. Although you say safety is championship ready. I think we have 2 great traditional safety’s. One box safety who has great potential but needs refining. Then balom. Depth is not great. Championship unit is star power mixed with great depth

Not starting **** this time, but for all the hype and praise, TVD was underwhelming to me today. Missed way too many passes and started too slow again…

It’s a Spring Game. He’ll be fine. But didn’t get the MVP vibe OP got.
You mean to tell me I might have been right in telling y'all just give him time and let him grow before we put all these expectations on him??? Wtf

This staff should be able to squeeze out more than 7 wins. You don't spend this kind of money for 7 wins.

Let's be real here. We SHOULD have won the Coastal last year with Manny. If we can only muster 7 wins with this staff, and the players available, there are going to be serious questions needing to be answered.
Why do y'all not pay attention to the things goin on? I'm not trying to tell y'all what to expect period far as wins or losses go. First step is producing a better product on the field(1b in that equation is wins and losses). Only thing I'd point out to you guys is the turn over on staffs throughout the acc this off-season. It wasn't just us that said enough is enough and that boost in coaching will normally bring about a boost in play. I'd expect the acc to start to tighten up again sooner rather than later. We shouldn't take a back seat to any conference. But if we do let's at least not make it ALL OF THEM...

You mean to tell me I might have been right in telling y'all just give him time and let him grow before we put all these expectations on him??? Wtf
Even a broken clock is right twice a day 🤣😎

You’ve been really clear on this one my man. Amidst the excitement around the program and Miami athletics in general, we need to remain balanced and realize there is still a lot to build. TVD is one of those examples. He was really good at times last year, but also left a lot room for improvement. It’s exciting because by all accounts he is sharp and a hard worker and has the opportunity to keep moving forward.

Advertisement
Back