Spring Football is here!!

Advertisement
Lake and Gabby have a really good Podcast out today. They included some stuff that was known internally, but was eventually going to make its way out.

It looks like they're back in the SID's good graces since they did spill some VERY interesting stuff that had a lid on it until today.

+Okunlola and Mauigoa have been killing it in the weight room and drills. This is is no surprise, but don't be shocked if both of these guys are in the 2-deep to start the Spring and end up in the starting 5 by the time the season starts. They are physically ready to go. Let's see what happens when the pads come on.
+Zion Nelson is out for the spring. He's not conditioning yet with the team. If he falls far behind these two kids, I don't know if he hangs around post Spring. I don't know what the deal is here, but like Saban, Mario doesn't suffer guys in the tub.
+Bryant is having great workouts, but like the two FR tackles, let's see what happens when the pads come on.
+Bobby Washington is a freak. He may be one of two FR linebackers that don't redshirt because he will be extremely valuable. It's also an opportunity to get him on the field to work on wrapping up w/o exposing the defense.

'Can't make the club in the tub.'

Last edited:
Advertisement
Feels good to wake up with a full staff

finally-tardy.gif

I just want to see what this offense and defense will look like since the new coordinators have a history of doing things differently then what we are accustomed to.

Advertisement
Zion is always **** hurt. It’s insane.

He's played 2,452 snaps for the University of Miami according to NFL Draft Buzz. TWO THOUSAND, FOUR HUNDRED AND FIFTY-TWO.

So far.

Advertisement
He's played 2,452 snaps for the University of Miami according to NFL Draft Buzz. TWO THOUSAND, FOUR HUNDRED AND FIFTY-TWO.

So far.

2242 of them at Greentree. JK. I like Zion and really hope he has a great and healthy session then becomes an early draft pick.

Advertisement
I--and I think most here as well--was pretty down on Zion last season. It seemed he had bailed and was protecting himself for the draft. But I was wrong. I obviously have no idea what his medical issues are, but I hope he does right by himself before returning to action. I am playing TV doctor, but I can't imagine gaining that much weight from the time he arrived as a freshman to now did his knee and the internal structure (ligaments, tendons, etc.) any favors. Whatever he's dealing with must be legit.

Advertisement
Back