Spring Camp Breakdown

Advertisement
IMO, G. Paul's accolades were based on his tackle numbers alone, which was unreliable information within itself.

90% of G. Paul's tackles were after the play had developed, and the ball carrier had already gained 7+ yards downfield.

well 10 others missed the play...again this goes back to playing way too many guys due to BS like EJ getting suspended last minute and perrymans/gaines injuries..

even futher our LB are getting pummeled from huge guards and tackles when our DL sucks the way it does...all this changes this year...less guys playing better...

alright, i've got the worst memory of all time during the offseason...

what was it that got Paul kicked off the squad? i don't remember what he did or at what point it happened in the year

IMO, G. Paul's accolades were based on his tackle numbers alone, which was unreliable information within itself.

90% of G. Paul's tackles were after the play had developed, and the ball carrier had already gained 7+ yards downfield.

How are you going to prove this stat?

I liked Mr. Paul, he was good depth.

thats just dumb

What is dumb?

what the other guy said.

Advertisement

what was it that got Paul kicked off the squad? i don't remember what he did or at what point it happened in the year

i dont think they specified the reason, simply cited that he kept making the same mistakes over and over so they agreed to go in separate ways

would have been incredibly valuable depth for the upcoming season. Think about we will probably play Armbrister and Cornelius, when instead of when one of those two are on the field it could be Paul, you start to see where the guys value came in at.

repeat bonehead offender

would have been incredibly valuable depth for the upcoming season. Think about we will probably play Armbrister and Cornelius, when instead of when one of those two are on the field it could be Paul, you start to see where the guys value came in at.

Instead of a junior playing back-up you have a freshman.

Advertisement
Wow@Rayshawn Jenkins weighing 215 pounds.
Some other weight gains:

Bush up to 201. Nice.

Blue up to 220. Good improvement. Maybe another 5-10lbs will be good.

Hoilett up to 240. #roadto250

Kirby up to 230.

McCord up to 236.

Porter up to 312.

I like the improvement along the DL.

Wow@Rayshawn Jenkins weighing 215 pounds.
Some other weight gains:

Bush up to 201. Nice.

Blue up to 220. Good improvement. Maybe another 5-10lbs will be good.

Hoilett up to 240. #roadto250

Kirby up to 230.

McCord up to 236.

Porter up to 312.

I like the improvement along the DL.

what was bush at last year? 190-195? I'd like to see him around 205-210 before fall.
Jenkins at 215 already?? this dude is about to wreck people. Can't Wait.

Advertisement
The bad from the roster:

Terry only 210.

Dortch only 170. (Still an improvement from where he came in)

I know it's just Manny's list, but seeing Kacy Rodgers under starters really grinds my gears.

345.jpg

Advertisement
A few thoughts..

1) Lets face it guys.. Gionni Paul was no Buster Davis. If he was "good depth" he would still be here in spite of being a knucklehead. Look at EJ. This guy is getting 100 chances. I think he would literally have to rape some girl at this point to get booted. They are REALLY being patient with him. Paul not so much. He just wasnt good enough. Randy called that one right by not offering him initially.

2) The safety and CB battles are gonna be fun to watch. Jenkins up to 215 is Omg! Rodgers better be very afraid. I think the coaches are gonna give AH and KC every chance to keep there jobs in Spring Ball. If they dont produce in Spring ball.. come Fall I think they are gonna "Vaughn Telemaque" them.

3) Porter is UP TO 312?! What was he before???? Lol!

4) And to Dallas Crawford..Sir you complained last year because you weren't getting any reps that you thought you DESERVED. Well son, here is your chance! Put up or shut up time..EC has neck problems, DD hasnt shown anything yet and the Freshmen dont come until Aug. No more crying to the papers. You will be given every chance to show what you can do because Duke definitely needs you. Ball in your court now, little brotha..

A few thoughts..

1) Lets face it guys.. Gionni Paul was no Buster Davis. If he was "good depth" he would still be here in spite of being a knucklehead. Look at EJ. This guy is getting 100 chances. I think he would literally have to rape some girl at this point to get booted. They are REALLY being patient with him. Paul not so much. He just wasnt good enough. Randy called that one right by not offering him initially.

2) The safety and CB battles are gonna be fun to watch. Jenkins up to 215 is Omg! Rodgers better be very afraid. I think the coaches are gonna give AH and KC every chance to keep there jobs in Spring Ball. If they dont produce in Spring ball.. come Fall I think they are gonna "Vaughn Telemaque" them.

4) And to Dallas Crawford..Sir you complained last year because you weren't getting any reps that you thought you DESERVED. Well son, here is your chance! Put up or shut up time..EC has neck problems, DD hasnt shown anything yet and the Freshmen dont come until Aug. No more crying to the papers. You will be given every chance to show what you can do because Duke definitely needs you. Ball in your court now, little brotha..

When did Dallas complain about play time?? All I ever saw was him wanting to do whatever it took to be on the field? not calling you out..would love a link? I know him personally and would never see that coming from him he is normally all TEAM player...Thanks

A few thoughts..

was this him complaining ??

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/10/30/3073583/multipurpose-threat-rb-dallas.html

Maybe "complaining" was a poor choice of words. Maybe I took the "not so patiently" line a little out of context. I don't know the kid personally. But if you do you tell him I said its time to strap it up and lets go to work! We need him to be a solid backup for us and this is his year. From all reports, EC is damaged good. And I refuse to believe that he can't be better then Danny Dillard based off what he did in HS at NFM. Once Corn and Gus get here I want him to have that number 2 spot locked down. Dont want to depend on TF in such an important year for the prgm. JMO.

Advertisement
Back