Spring Ball 2017: Coach Kool Mic'd Up

Advertisement
Geez i can listen to this guy coach all day long man. You can see the attention to detail, finishing the drill, and doing thing right at full speed that he emphasizes to his team. Thank you (insert your God here) for Coach Kul!

Advertisement
Oh my God. That there is COACHING.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

Advertisement
That pipeline of first-round DL is about to start up again....
It's still going on at Mizzou...

DE Charles Harris is going to be a 1st round pick from Mizzou this coming draft & he was a Coach Kool recruit.

Advertisement
I think a lot of coaches can learn how he talks to players. His voice is commanding without being demanding. I could've used some of Kul's technique

Advertisement

DE Charles Harris is going to be a 1st round pick from Mizzou this coming draft & he was a Coach Kool recruit.

Which is why I'll never question Kool's evaluations on recruits.

This is what a news article had to say about Harris:

"An 11th-hour addition to the recruiting class, Harris was the quintessential project — his only other scholarship offers came from Northern Iowa, Missouri Western and Pittsburg (Kan.) State — but Mizzou was willing to err on the side of size, speed and potential. The more they learned, the more they liked."

Wow. What's more, he came in as a 215lb LB prospect but couldn't learn the position. So they tried him out at DE, put FORTY POUNDS onto his frame, and now, he's a first round draft pick.

Which is why I'll never question Kool's evaluations on recruits.

This is what a news article had to say about Harris:

"An 11th-hour addition to the recruiting class, Harris was the quintessential project — his only other scholarship offers came from Northern Iowa, Missouri Western and Pittsburg (Kan.) State — but Mizzou was willing to err on the side of size, speed and potential. The more they learned, the more they liked."

Wow. What's more, he came in as a 215lb LB prospect but couldn't learn the position. So they tried him out at DE, put FORTY POUNDS onto his frame, and now, he's a first round draft pick.
That's pretty much all you need to know about Kool & his Coaching acumen...

It should also be noted he was doing this at Mizzou, Mizzou is not a powerhouse or high prestige program, so imagine what he'll be doing with the resources he'll have behind him at Miami.

That was also another reason why I was so high on Jon Ford in the 2017 class, he's a raw DT that needs a lot of development, but under Kool's tutelage has the potential to be one of the best DT's in the ACC in 2 years.

Love his demeanor and the way he talks to the players.

He critiques them with a lot of detail and doesn't do it in a belittling/demeaning way. A true teacher not just a "rah rah" guy. He tells the guys exactly what they're doing wrong and how they can fix it but in a calm way that they respect and pay attention to.

I like the part where he's like "it's just a habit, that's all, you'll fix it."

Giving his player constructive/negative criticism one second ("you did this poorly...") but then building him back up with your last statement ("you'll fix it") and showing that you believe in him. ("it's just a habit, you'll fix it")

You can see why kids like playing for this guy.

Advertisement
Back