Spring Ball 2017: Coach Kool Mic'd Up

PCmfMVRroCUCY.gif
Keep this man here....by all means necessary

Advertisement
Knowing his resume, we obviously could already assume he was teaching this stuff before seeing the video...

But it's nice to actually SEE HIM teaching the details that I would expect from an elite DL coach.

*What he says about flipping the hips and turning their numbers. I call it "protecting the numbers". It's something a lot of kids struggle with that's a very important detail. Love to him stressing that.

*What he tells Jackson about having both feet in the ground for greater power. This allows him to roll his hips and extend.

*How he empathizes an exaggerated rip move, not just leaving the rip halfway (where it usually gets stuck) but actually taking it all the way above your head. (clearing yourself from the O-lineman)

This is good, detailed **** man! And believe it or not, this type of detail is not being stressed all across the country. I've clinic'd with many D-line coaches and been to other University's practices and this guy is one of the best in the business for a reason. As someone who loves D-line play I am so psyched to have this dude here. We're extremely lucky.

I feel for whoever the QB is during our first scrimmage this weekend after facing this front 7 - they're gonna be sore AF if Richt lets those dogs eat and follows through on his promise to not protect the poor soul under center.

Last edited:
*What he says about flipping the hips and turning their numbers. I call it "protecting the numbers". It's something a lot of kids struggle with that's a very important detail. Love to him stressing that.
Chad Thomas, Mcintosh and Gerald Willis are the best at getting skinny in the gaps. We're likely gonna see some crazy DL numbers this year.

Advertisement
Out of all the players on the DL my favorite is Kendrick Norton, he will ******* eat your lunch.

He's the real intimidator/bully on the line.

I can't believe I'm writing this but Moten (95) looked good in that video.
He looked good last year in Fall practice, too. I think he's a solid player; just needs to be consistent and finally show up. Hopefully, the $ will call his motivation.

He's also a kid that probably should have been redshirted as a frosh to gain weight and ect. It's a shame this is his last year.

That pipeline of first-round DL is about to start up again....

That was all I could think about while I watched. This guy is perfect for The U. He does more with talent than anyone and now he has more talent. Once the 1st round picks start hitting he will be starting with the best talent and the end product will come out as 3rd year pros not third year college players. That's how is use to be. Best coach on the staff for years and years.

Knowing his resume, we obviously could already assume he was teaching this stuff before seeing the video...

But it's nice to actually SEE HIM teaching the details that I would expect from an elite DL coach.

*What he tells Jackson about having both feet in the ground for greater power. This allows him to roll his hips and extend.

*How he empathizes an exaggerated rip move, not just leaving the rip halfway (where it usually gets stuck) but actually taking it all the way above your head. (clearing yourself from the O-lineman)

This is good, detailed **** man! And believe it or not, this type of detail is not being stressed all across the country. I've clinic'd with many D-line coaches and been to other University's practices and this guy is one of the best in the business for a reason. As someone who loves D-line play I am so psyched to have this dude here. We're extremely lucky.

Plus, practicing against his players during the week is going to make our Oline much better on game day.

Advertisement
I can't believe I'm writing this but Moten (95) looked good in that video.
He looked good last year in Fall practice, too. I think he's a solid player; just needs to be consistent and finally show up. Hopefully, the $ will call his motivation.

He's also a kid that probably should have been redshirted as a frosh to gain weight and ect. It's a shame this is his last year.
Imagine keeping 2 of Mcintosh, Norton, Moten and Willis for 2018. Adding them to Ford, Martin, Silvera, etc. More likely we lose all 4 (as has been rumored), but fun to think about that absolutely incredible defense.

Chad thomas looks legit [TWEET]850028737408229376[/TWEET]
The other tall kid is 2018 de target greg Rousseau . He looks like he's a legit 6'6 plus I can see why the coaches want him

Out of all the players on the DL my favorite is Kendrick Norton, he will ******* eat your lunch.

He's the real intimidator/bully on the line.

Just ax Frenchy The Flicker at FSU. When Norton attempted to decapitate him, I wept tears of pride.

Advertisement

Another one of his Mizzou guys just went in the 1st round just now. I've called him the Emanuel Steward of Dline coaches. He produces players like Mr Kronk produced world champions in boxing

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back