Spring 2017 Track Thread for Miami Recruits

Advertisement
Lingard wins 300 hurdle state title for 4A (incredible race, came from behind and won in a photo finish)
Tyson Campbell wins 100 and 200m state title for 2A
Will Mallory takes 3rd in 110 hurdles and 7th in 300 hurdles for 1A
Gurvan Hall takes 3rd in 110 hurdles for 3A
Thomas Burns takes 2nd in 110 hurldes and wins 300 hurdles for 3A
Jesiah Pierre wins discus state title for 1A
Columbus 4x100 team (Bandy) wins relay title for 4A
Anthony Schwartz was hurt, finished last in the finals for both 100 and 200m (his 200 time was 48.53)

Off topic a lil but Miami northwestern girls Prolly have the best track team in the nation. They have 3 girls who can run 42 or better in the 300h. I went to hs and college with a girl named Nikki Boyer who is now in the Clemson HOF and they all would beat her pass. They have a 9th grader running 40.8, field events sprints... just a complete team.

Advertisement
Off topic a lil but Miami northwestern girls Prolly have the best track team in the nation. They have 3 girls who can run 42 or better in the 300h. I went to hs and college with a girl named Nikki Boyer who is now in the Clemson HOF and they all would beat her pass. They have a 9th grader running 40.8, field events sprints... just a complete team.

Seem like they had the best girls for like 5 str8 years now

Congrats to my power lineman buddy son Duran bell Jr 46.41 400m going to south FL iirc for football.
S/O to Hillsborough High....We always have had a strong track program...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Seem like they had the best girls for like 5 str8 years now

Longer...a chic I dated freshman yr in college was one of their better athletes to come out of mnw back then...and this was in 2003...They have the same coach too.

Advertisement
Lingard wins 300 hurdle state title for 4A (incredible race, came from behind and won in a photo finish)
Tyson Campbell wins 100 and 200m state title for 2A
Will Mallory takes 3rd in 110 hurdles and 7th in 300 hurdles for 1A
Gurvan Hall takes 3rd in 110 hurdles for 3A
Thomas Burns takes 2nd in 110 hurldes and wins 300 hurdles for 3A
Jesiah Pierre wins discus state title for 1A
Columbus 4x100 team (Bandy) wins relay title for 4A
Anthony Schwartz was hurt, finished last in the finals for both 100 and 200m (his 200 time was 48.53)

Does anyone know what the injury is?

I assume he pulled a hamstring or quad ...???

Advertisement
The other two legs are fast guys also. One guy is a 21.4 200m sprinter and the other is a 10.8 100m guy iirc. 40.17 leads the nation

Port Arthur Memorial ran a 39.8 today at the Texas state meet, and it looks like they almost broke the national record in the 4x200 with 1:23.52. Insane.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The other two legs are fast guys also. One guy is a 21.4 200m sprinter and the other is a 10.8 100m guy iirc. 40.17 leads the nation

Port Arthur Memorial ran a 39.8 today at the Texas state meet, and it looks like they almost broke the national record in the 4x200 with 1:23.52. Insane.

Yea they rollin. Any of those cats play football?

Kary Vincent 247 composite #10 CB signed with LSU.
De'Andre Angelle signed with Texas Southern at CB.
Xavier Hull played football as a QB/DB but seems more likely to run track in college than do football.
Their first leg, Ireon Brown, is just a freshman and already ran a 21.46 this year as a FR. I don't know if he plays football or not, he wasn't on varsity this year though.

Yea they rollin. Any of those cats play football?

Kary Vincent 247 composite #10 CB signed with LSU.
De'Andre Angelle signed with Texas Southern at CB.
Xavier Hull played football as a QB/DB but seems more likely to run track in college than do football.
Their first leg, Ireon Brown, is just a freshman and already ran a 21.46 this year as a FR. I don't know if he plays football or not, he wasn't on varsity this year though.

Dam so the pop off man a Frosh running 21.4? bad to the bone. Talented group of athletes right there.

Schwartz just got beat by a kid named Barnes in the 100m with a time of 10.34. Barnes is the Texas state champ

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back