Sports illustrated back at it again

Advertisement
LOL! Sports Illustrated... This is such a win for our program on so many levels. Think about the sell to recruits: They can come to a storied program in one of the largest CFB markets in the country and make a ton of NIL money.

Come be a star at UM, and reap the benefits of the purchasing power of S. Florida's 9 million residents. No other program can offer that as an added bonus save for USC.

Definitely helps level the playing field against the bag schools in these one horse, &hit towns.
They put us there of all schools, this is a good thing to put in those kids minds that Miami sells.

I know everyone wants to hold a grudge against SI for a story from ~25 years ago, but I don't see this as a shot at Miami at all. I think they used that picture b/c King has obviously been on of the more prepared players.
Nailed it.

Advertisement
First off, Phucc SI and everything they stand for! Secondly, I was mad when I first saw it, because I saw it just as them cucks at SI intended it to be seen…. as just another dig at Miami. Then I started to read other people opinions, and I started to sway a little bit. Now when I look at it, I see how it can be used as an advantage going forward in this new landscape. Thirdly…. and I mean this with every fiber of my being,,, Phucc SI!

I was surprised to see in the comment section on Instagram most people are defending the players and mocking SI for trying to make them look bad. I was ****ed when I first saw it because I know their intent was to make Miami look bad

Bro, S.I is as relevant as the penny in a penny loafer shoe. Don’t nobody give a flying Fck about these dudes. Yet, they trying to pull some 1995 hot tub time machine bull chit by trying to use us, again, for their pubic-licity.

Fck them, but I love the spotlight. They should fold like a cheap pair of drawers. Ain't nobody checking for SI, digitally or on a newsstand, but I’ll take us being featured all day long. I’m very comfortable in the settings of the trendsetters & bad guys.

Bro, S.I is as relevant as the penny in a penny loafer shoe. Don’t nobody give a flying Fck about these dudes. Yet, they trying to pull some 1995 hot tub time machine bull chit by trying to use us, again, for their pubic-licity.

Fck them, but I love the spotlight. They should fold like a cheap pair of drawers. Ain't nobody checking for SI, digitally or on a newsstand, but I’ll take us being featured all day long. I’m very comfortable in the settings of the trendsetters & bad guys.

I would not have even noticed it if there wasnt a thread on here about it.

Advertisement
Aye..if I’m a recruit and I see the news of our guys on various networks inking deal ALREADY..and I happen to be at the Drs office and glance at the mags and see Miami on the front as the school already having their guys benefit..I text Manny my “silent commit”

Bro that cover is exactly the publicity we need regarding NIL and hs players looking for a home. So thank you SI

Y'all caring about SI to me is absolutely amazing. They're the girl that broke your heart in 4th grade and you've been stalking their every move since.

You know what 'Canes think about SI? Nothing. I don't pay attention to it, I don't care it exists, and every time I see anything from it, I think "yup, still a **** show, no surprise there."

You might as well find one toothless, degenerate gator and hang on his every word.

Advertisement
Y'all caring about SI to me is absolutely amazing. They're the girl that broke your heart in 4th grade and you've been stalking their every move since.

You know what 'Canes think about SI? Nothing. I don't pay attention to it, I don't care it exists, and every time I see anything from it, I think "yup, still a **** show, no surprise there."

You might as well find one toothless, degenerate gator and hang on his every word.
It's like the people who watch GameDay every Saturday just to come here and post how awful ESPN is.

Honestly their attempt at trashing us probably is great press for us. Recruits see us at the forefront of getting paid.
I totally agree. Bunch of little Big 10 haters taking another shot at the program when all college eligible recruits and players looking to grab the BAG legally. Hate, as my daddy told me in the early 70's, BLINDS. It takes away common sense, humanity, empathy, morals, education, science and righteousness. Thanks to the obsolete former sports media giant for putting us front and center in the eyes of the 2 recruits who may stumble across SI.

Advertisement
Weve already been quietly using the NIL as a recruiting advantage for about a year now lol

Who cares?

Why let some hater ruin what could be one of the most significant days in UM football. Today, we, at the very least, have been given a chance to compete with the big boys of cfb. UM should want to be the poster child of this decision. South Florida offers way more endorsement opportunities than any small town and SoBe offers more than any sorority lol

DEFINITELY an intended shot at the "look at me" University out here with gold chains and TD rings. We're so envied and hated that it's impossible to hide anymore. But, like most of you mentioned, I don't think it had the intended purpose. We look like a big-time program where kids can come and get paid like semi-pro athletes. Yes - come to the U and get national exposure and MONEY

Advertisement
Back