Sports illustrated back at it again

58straight

Junior
This is on all of sport illustrated official social media accounts, unbelievable.
E5NZEAwXMAATlW5.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is on all of sport illustrated official social media accounts, unbelievable.
View attachment 148961

Maybe SI thought it was taking a shot, but I think this is great for us. You don't think recruits are already thinking "I want mine"? And now they show the team that is leading the charge with letting kids earn the money they deserve. Guess who's still relevant after all?

Advertisement
This is very good for us.
Yeah - I did not take this as a slight on Miami (or players) at all.

And if you read the article, they basically just bash the NCAA for fighting it for so long and then just unleashing it w/o any real plans. They also talk about how so many schools don't have a plan for how to deal with it, but showcase King and Miami... So I take this as good publicity for us.

Last edited:
Maybe SI thought it was taking a shot, but I think this is great for us. You don't think recruits are already thinking "I want mine"? And now they show the team that is leading the charge with letting kids earn the money they deserve. Guess who's still relevant after all?
I know everyone wants to hold a grudge against SI for a story from ~25 years ago, but I don't see this as a shot at Miami at all. I think they used that picture b/c King has obviously been on of the more prepared players.

Advertisement
Great PUB................exposure of our guys, helmets, uni's, and their use of a team that can SELL their Social media sites..
We got the bling, and we lead the NIL, not bad for the "U" and a non consistent top 10 team..
Miami should take it and use it.................just like they are using us.......
Poster board everywhere........

Yeah - I did not take this as a slight on Miami (or players) at all.

And if you read the article, they basically just bash the NCAA for fighting it for so long and then just unleashing it w/o any real plans. They also talk about how so many schools don't have a plan for how to deal with it, but showcase King and Miami... So I take this as good publicity for us.
Manny thrives on **** like this, he's super organized and recognizes trends extremely well. Miami will handle this and use it to their advantage as well as anyone.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back