Sports Buzz (SIAP)

It scares the crap out of me that I am not convinced that they would fire Golden. Firing D'Onofrio does not cut it for me. Golden is the problem, and has been since day one.

Pony up some bucks and get a real defensive coordinator in here, and give him free reign. Hire a new S&C coach who will toughen these kids up.

We can't fire Golden at this point because of the buyout, I get that, but all of the above can happen tomorrow if the admin had any balls at all.

This is Golden's system, what part of that don't you understand? He has made it crystal clear. Besides, do you know what the buyout is? It can't be more than losing serious donors for the program. You are losing money one way or the other.

Advertisement
Let the fire spread...after Saturday its gonna get really bad. Feel bad for the players
IMG_2882.jpg

Advertisement
I was at the game Saturday. It is painfully obvious that there i no effort to dictate the action. They alignments showed no recognition of what Nebraska does well: run the ball. The problem was compounded by our guys reacting and looking tentative. As frustrating as it is to watch on TV, it's even worse in person. It's like watching an alligator attack your dog and there isn't a thing you can do about it. At least the Nebraska fans were nice and hospitable.

I'm just happy that the local writers are starting to make some noise. They are finally asking Golden and D'O specific questions about the scheme. The more this gets in the paper, the more pressure that will be put on everyone around the program to make changes.

Also, NFL guys are probably a bit happy. They get to draft our guys a few rounds later then they should be.

2 seasons too f'ing late. After the debacle in 2012 no D should have been canned and the defense given to someone other than Golden Groh disciple type. No back bone no fight. That **** is anti Miami. Send the dogs in the back field. Tackle the QB and the RB even if they don't have the ball. **** simple. Not one did they blitz the A and B gaps and spill the play. Waiting to get hit every play. Smh. The dogs are out though, lose to Duke and it's gonna be a shark pit next week. I can see them starting to turn on each other. No way all the players are in on this scheme and to date not one stand out performance from the team on D

Advertisement
**** is ******* sad, depressing, irritating, infuriating, frustrating and every other worth in the book.

We've been saying this for over two years now.

If that's Barry Jackson I applaud him for being the only guy down here with the balls to start going in on Albortion. I said the other day that he's about the only guy who would do it.

Sadly, he's lagging behind on time. He's talking about Albortion firing Duh' in 3 years? LULZ at that nonsense. Albortion will be gone by the end of this year.

If that's Barry Jackson I applaud him for being the only guy down here with the balls to start going in on Albortion. I said the other day that he's about the only guy who would do it.

Sadly, he's lagging behind on time. He's talking about Albortion firing Duh' in 3 years? LULZ at that nonsense. Albortion will be gone by the end of this year.
I truly hope so. I don't want to see Golden here beyond this season with or without dorito. He had his chance to fire dorito and didn't take it. **** golden **** dorito and **** these coward *** admins that can't put their foot down on the **** show this program has turned into.

Al Golden is seriously f'n delusional everybody mocks him HS coaches, college coaches, ex-NFL players, radio host, fans, everybody sees his 3-4 Defense is a disaster and he's in complete denial
lost.jpg

Advertisement
It scares the crap out of me that I am not convinced that they would fire Golden. Firing D'Onofrio does not cut it for me. Golden is the problem, and has been since day one.

Pony up some bucks and get a real defensive coordinator in here, and give him free reign. Hire a new S&C coach who will toughen these kids up.

We can't fire Golden at this point because of the buyout, I get that, but all of the above can happen tomorrow if the admin had any balls at all.

This is Golden's system, what part of that don't you understand? He has made it crystal clear. Besides, do you know what the buyout is? It can't be more than losing serious donors for the program. You are losing money one way or the other.
If Golden fired D'Onofrio it would be a sign of desperation and could theoretically mean that he is willing to try a different defensive scheme to save his job. Moot point though because Golden will NEVER fire his buddy.

If Golden fired D'Onofrio it would be a sign of desperation and could theoretically mean that he is willing to try a different defensive scheme to save his job. Moot point though because Golden will NEVER fire his buddy.
What I believe will happen is that Dorito will resign on his own. Golden won't fire him. And Golden will get another year. The beginning of the sports buzz article sort of indicates that would be an option. And if that does happen that will be some bull****. The admins need to clean house. This whole staff is complete ****.

I just watched some YouTube videos of Pat Narduzzi explaining his extremely simple and effective defensive philosophy and then I come to CI to read about Gorlden and No'D defending their 1992 defense? **** my life. Get these program killers the **** out of here.

Advertisement
I have been interested to know what pro personnel and scouts think. They have a vested interest in player skills sets, development and how they are being deployed. The most unbiased feedback usually comes from them. If they think Golden's scheme sucks...

I question the evaluator that questions why we run so much 3-4. You ask most knowledgeable Xs and Os person and they'll tell you the most optimal way to defend the spread offenses of today is with a 3-4 multiple front. Of course, not the passive way we run it.

Advertisement
Back