Spencer Whipple for OC

The Svengali

Sophomore
Yeah, I said it! And I didn’t stutter either, so read it again: Spencer Whipple for OC

The why’s:

Been around the game his entire life and knows offense and QBing like an ace

Played QB all his life and played at Miami

Young, energetic…could be great on the recruiting trail, because he could sell Miami and the program as well as anyone (he’s played here)

A rising star in the NFL ranks and could be an OC at that league in a year or 2

Has already called plays for the cardinals and called a brilliant game

Coaches with Kliff Kilngsberry on the Cardinals staff and is well versed with the Air Raid scheme

Has a coaches mind and a QBs mind

Perfect fit for TVD

I like Brady and I know many are high on him, but I hope Mario makes a call to Whipple

Last edited:
Advertisement
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Yeah, I said it! And I didn’t stutter either, so read it again: Spencer Whipple for OC

The why’s:

Been around the game his entire life and knows offense and QBing like an ace

Played QB all his life and played at Miami

Young, energetic…could be great on the recruiting trail, because he could sell Miami and the program as well as anyone (he’s played here)

A rising star in the NFL ranks and could be an OC at that league in a year or 2

Has already called plays for the cardinals and called a brilliant game

Has coached with Kliff Kilngsberry and is well versed with the Air Raid scheme

Has a coaches mind and a QBs mind

Perfect fit for TVD

I like Brady and I know many are high on him, but I hope Mario makes a call to Whipple
We likely have 1.5-2 million to spend an an OC. Knowing that do you still stick with this thread?

I think we discussed this a few weeks back when Kingsbury had the Rona Spencer was the one communicating with Murray in his helmet

Advertisement
Akin to suggesting Dorsey; another guy who has never called plays—in this case, one year as "passing game coordinator" at UMass for a year.

There will be dozens of qualified options kicking down the door to coach under Mario at big-money Miami now.

Spencer Whipple would be a joke of a hire in comparison to what the Canes will have a shot at.

We likely have 1.5-2 million to spend an an OC. Knowing that do you still stick with this thread?
Yes, I do. My chips are in the middle of the table on Spencer Whipple. He’s highly regarded in the NFL already, is seen as a rising star, and could be an OC at THAT level as early as next season.

If he’s good enough to be an OC there, you don’t think he could do it at Miami?!

Plus, he’s knows QBs, because he played the position, coached it, and been around great ones, so he’d recruit that position at a high level. Don’t forget, Brady don’t recruit!

I think he’s going to be a GREAT OC in the NFL, and he could even have a future as an NFL HC. Nab him now while he’s still on the way up. Make him say no, because he could very well have an OC job in the NFL next year

Advertisement
Wow! I said this a few years ago when I saw him throwing wounded ducks for UM. I knew he was going to become a decent OC that made his living off of unbalanced OL formations!

Yes we did. I was in that thread with you and we both talked highly of Whipple and his play calling. It was mid October
Pretty cool stuff for sure

His time will come. This go around I’m guessing we see someone with a lot of experience

Advertisement
Akin to suggesting Dorsey; another guy who has never called plays—in this case, one year as "passing game coordinator" at UMass for a year.

There will be dozens of qualified options kicking down the door to coach under Mario at big-money Miami now.

Spencer Whipple would be a joke of a hire in comparison to what the Canes will have a shot at.
Not true. Spencer called plays for the Arizona Cardinals earlier this season, and he had that offense humming. They steamrolled a very good Cleveland defense.

He was so impressive, one of the NFL morning shows did a segment on him the next morning.

Alls Im saying is this:

He’s been mentored by his dad his entire life.

He’s been mentored by Kliff Klingsbury and coaches on the Phoenix cardinals staff.

He’d bring the air raid here which fits TVD and Garcia. Plus, he played the position so he’d be in sync with the QBs (communication, etc)

Played at Miami and could sell the program as well as anyone

Has already called plays in an NFL game and looked great doing it

Highly likely he’ll be an NFL OC next season or the year after. We can nab him on the way up.

Advertisement
He’s also already learned a valuable lesson:

“As Spencer Whipple climbed on the early bus to make the short drive to Cleveland's FirstEnergy Stadium Sunday, the skies opened up and cold rain pelted the windows.
And the Cardinals interim play caller realized then that none of the play sheets for the game had been laminated – just in case of rain.”

2 men enter, 1 man leave
eplwzyiyipnmonhtmwkp.jpeg
miami-football-fires-dan-enos.jpg

Not true. Spencer called plays for the Arizona Cardinals earlier this season, and he had that offense humming. They steamrolled a very good Cleveland defense.

He was so impressive, one of the NFL morning shows did a segment on him the next morning.

Alls Im saying is this:

He’s been mentored by his dad his entire life.

He’s been mentored by Kliff Klingsbury and coaches on the Phoenix cardinals staff.

He’d bring the air raid here which fits TVD and Garcia. Plus, he played the position so he’d be in sync with the QBs (communication, etc)

Played at Miami and could sell the program as well as anyone

Has already called plays in an NFL game and looked great doing it

Highly likely he’ll be an NFL OC next season or the year after. We can nab him on the way up.

Well since you say that, no, **** no.

And He was terrible as a QB...I still remember the UVA game where Shannon put Him in for one series and He was atrocious...NO!!!

Advertisement
Back