X's and O's Spencer Rattler...What Am I Missing?

Advertisement
Xavier Leggette is a beast at WR. 6-3/227 contested catch monster with explosive breakaway speed. He's making Rattler stats look better than his play.

Advertisement
Rattler is playing at a very high level.

He is a talented QB that had maturity issues.

His OL is cheeks, doesn't have a good running game, and if anyone watched the UNC vs. SC game he outplayed Drake Maye.

Keeps it up, and he could be a top 40 pick or possible higher. The maturity and professionalism required to be a NFL QB would be my concerns drafting him, his skills would not.

His OL is cheeks, doesn't have a good running game, and if anyone watched the UNC vs. SC game he outplayed Drake Maye.

Keeps it up, and he could be a top 40 pick or possible higher. The maturity and professionalism required to be a NFL QB would be my concerns drafting him, his skills would not.
Mental makeup is definitely the biggest worry with him. He has all the talent.

5 years from now...what QB is a QB1 in NFL??

Go......

1675050488610.gif

Advertisement

Facts, i said in another thread he’s playing as well as anyone when u factor in each situation

Looks like you are holding Nix's first 3 years against him but not Penix. Sheduer's OL is probably the worst in P5 so Im guessing thats why he is so low. Jayden Daniels over Jalon is interesting. Where is Michael Pratt?
I have Shedeur in my top 15, just not quite top 10 yet, although I believe he's as talented as any in the top 5.

Jayden Daniels has been good his entire career, he just didn't have the talent around him he does now at LSU when he was at AZ ST. He's 100,000x the passer over Jalon. Jalon is a good athlete & fits really well in that Offense, but he's never even thrown for more than 2100yds, he's not really a pure QB, more of a Levi Lewis type.

Advertisement
I have Shedeur in my top 15, just not quite top 10 yet, although I believe he's as talented as any in the top 5.

Jayden Daniels has been good his entire career, he just didn't have the talent around him he does now at LSU when he was at AZ ST. He's 100,000x the passer over Jalon. Jalon is a good athlete & fits really well in that Offense, but he's never even thrown for more than 2100yds, he's not really a pure QB, more of a Levi Lewis type.

So you're not as high on the FSU QB as everyone else? I use to LOL at him being mentioned as an NFL QB. But Jorrdan gotten so much better under Norvell, I now take him seriously. System QB only or potential there?

You you see a "long wind up" throwing motion with Sheduer, maybe similar to Randall Cunningham?

Advertisement
I caught a few episodes of that QB1 show and found him a little smarmy, but chalked it up to age. Then he got the boot. Found him somewhat entertaining at Oklahoma, seemed to have some flash - and come on comparing him to Tate Martel, who was all expectations, but ended up having not much of a college career - how desperate this board was that people thought he'd be the answer. Now Spence doesn't have much protection, so its hard to judge him.

Pretty much all I can say is he's had an interesting career and agree with what the cat said above; he occasionally resembles a gecko. And you know what that means; he's probably an alien.

Looks like you are holding Nix's first 3 years against him but not Penix. Sheduer's OL is probably the worst in P5 so Im guessing thats why he is so low. Jayden Daniels over Jalon is interesting. Where is Michael Pratt?
Everyone's forgotten how well he played in '19 before he tore his acl. Indiana was surprising folks, playing inspired behind Tom Allen, and it all went away the second that kid got hurt. They were like 5-2 and beating Pedo State when Penix got injured. I remember, so I expected Penix to perform like this(or at least close to this) at UDub...

Last edited:
Everyone's forgotten how well he played in '19 before he tore his acl. Indiana was surprising folks, playing inspired behind Tom Allen, and it all went away the second that kid got hurt. I remember, so I expected Penix to perform like this(or at least close to this) at UDub...
Penix has been in college 6 years but the same could be said about Nix early on with Malzahn.

Advertisement
Back