X's and O's Spencer Rattler...What Am I Missing?

He's better than what they had, but SC is not in as good of shape as OU was...lot's of unnecessary hype.

It's like saying DJ at Clemson is going to do a 360 and be a world-beater after the trainwreck we witnessed last season. Clemson's season is going to be predicated on the defensive play.

Advertisement
He has all the physical tools but came off like *** and wasn’t ready for all the pressure that comes with the hype. He learned real quick he can be replaced and got humbled.

Baby Beamer is a good coach and it is not Heisman/playoff or bust at USCjr. If he win 8-9 games and play within the system. He will be good.

I don't get the hype/hope over Spencer Rattler.

I see Tate Martell.

Am I missing something?
More talented a thrower than Tate but he just makes **** poor decisions. I would bet he doesn’t watch too much film and the film he does watch he doesn’t actually know how to watch and see what teams are doing. Has no clue what he’s looking at some plays

Advertisement
Is there hype?

I had ? marks on that entire QB class. I said Spencer was the best out of the bunch, but that didn’t say much. Howell actually wound up being the best (thus far). But woof, what a list

What a terrible QB class

Advertisement
I remember watching that show on Netflix that Tate and Spencer was on. Spencer came across as quite arrogant and entitled. I didn't know what to make of that, since the producer I'm sure reduces hundreds of hours of footage into whatever will sell but it appears to be a fairly accurate portrayal of the kid (at least from what we can see). I watched several OU games and beyond simply very mediocre play (with one of the best offensive minds in all of CFB), it didn't seem he was the most popular teammate either.

Advertisement
I just kinda put them both in the same big tent of meh.

Perhaps I'm being too broad.

I’m not saying Rattler is a great college quarterback, but in terms of passing skills? There’s no comparison between him and Tate. And it’s not even close. Rattler can spin it, Tate is just not a good passer period. And I’m not trashing Tate, that’s just looking at his actual throwing skill, which is not very good. It’s not his fault, he just doesn’t have the innate skill to throw the ball at a high college level. While I think Rattler does, but it’s his head that I think is getting in his way

Advertisement
I don't get the hype/hope over Spencer Rattler.

I see Tate Martell.

Am I missing something?
He’s actually played..so no he’s not Tate martell lmao..but I was telling ppl he was overrated going into last season..talking about heisman and top QB prospect..but given what Carolina had going on at QB he was a good get for
them

Advertisement
Back