Spence decommits

Advertisement
He wanted to be a cane so bad... feel bad for him I know he'll do big things were ever he goes...coaching staff gave him the" you ain't important treatment".... Kid use too throw up the U on every touchdown smh

This is cool and I feel for the kid, but it does not win games for you. We need elite players or as close as we can get... I wish him the best...

BTW- this goes both ways nowadays and biggest violator of this game to the players detriment in the entire country is FSU...they part ways with their recruits about a month or so before signing!

He wanted to be a cane so bad... feel bad for him I know he'll do big things were ever he goes...coaching staff gave him the" you ain't important treatment".... Kid use too throw up the U on every touchdown smh

This is cool and I feel for the kid, but it does not win games for you. We need elite players or as close as we can get... I wish him the best...

BTW- this goes both ways nowadays and biggest violator of this game to the players detriment in the entire country is FSU...they part ways with their recruits about a month or so before signing!

Worton and JoJo examples for FSU last year.

This happens all the time.

Advertisement
P

Yeap, in the mean time the kids are like local cheerleaders for them at all the events, 7 on 7', etc...

It annoys me to no end when people complain about kids when they do kid stuff during the recruiting process, but don't say a word when the coaching staff gives a commit the fifteen year old girl treatment and just ignore their calls and emails etc. hoping they figure out what's going on.

Be an adult. Call the kid and tell him you're yanking his offer. Or tell him you'll honor the offer because you have integrity, but it would be better for all parties involved if he explored other opportunities. But to let weeks go by when the kid could be talking to other schools and isn't because he thinks he's coming to UM is a ****head move. It's not unique to UM or their coaches but it's ****** behavior.

Advertisement
Wasn't impressive anyways. Dropped 4-5 balls in the State Semi-Final game last weekend vs. Colombus.

Lol. Jimbo traded in two 3 star WR's for two 5 star elite WR's in Lane and Rudolph. What has Al Golden ever done that leads anyone to believe he'll do the same? His m.o. is to trade in one 3 star for another 3 star who after three years in the system people will be wondering if the kid's even on the team still. I hope I'm wrong, but after 4 years of this ****, history tells me different.

Lol. Jimbo traded in two 3 star WR's for two 5 star elite WR's in Lane and Rudolph. What has Al Golden ever done that leads anyone to believe he'll do the same? His m.o. is to trade in one 3 star for another 3 star who after three years in the system people will be wondering if the kid's even on the team still. I hope I'm wrong, but after 4 years of this ****, history tells me different.

The sad thing is, an Al Golden recruit still being on the roster after three years actually is kind of a small victory. He may have zero catches to that point and be getting surgery on his hands because playing so much COD gave him carpal tunnel and he's out for the year, but at least he'd still be around. As opposed to these Camp Golden guys who come in and then sneak out in the middle of night after their freshman or sophomore years so they can transfer to Ivy Tech Hoboken.

Been expected for a long time and we said it would come. He's solid, but not a loss or anything serious.

Staff cooled on him a while ago.

He had an extremely rough game recently against Columbus last week with many drops and miscues.

The targets remain Antonio Callaway, Richie Cooper, Jalen Julius, Javarius Davis, Anthony Jones, Devante Peete and longshots Calvin Ridley and Davante Phillips.

Carry on.

The one we must keep is Chatman, he's a stud.

Gossier is a very big project, long way to go with him. Have not heard much on Gossier recruitment and his commitment since he committed. Don't get me wrong, I love his potential but he is extremely RAW as a WR. And as for him being a TE? He would have to gain MASSSS Amount of weight to even be considered a TE right now.

OK, so please assess likelihood of commitments by those you have in play.

Advertisement
That's how the system is set up and I think the system sucks. Nice guys finish last or get fired.

Golden Girls and Co. can't really release/drop him until they are guaranteed their replacement. Blame the NCAA for not allowing these recruits to sign earlier than ******* February.

This is ok IF we replace him with a better prospect.

There are plenty out there at the WR spot....

Advertisement
Been expected for a long time and we said it would come. He's solid, but not a loss or anything serious.

Staff cooled on him a while ago.

He had an extremely rough game recently against Columbus last week with many drops and miscues.

The targets remain Antonio Callaway, Richie Cooper, Jalen Julius, Javarius Davis, Anthony Jones, Devante Peete and longshots Calvin Ridley and Davante Phillips.

Carry on.

The one we must keep is Chatman, he's a stud.

Gossier is a very big project, long way to go with him. Have not heard much on Gossier recruitment and his commitment since he committed. Don't get me wrong, I love his potential but he is extremely RAW as a WR. And as for him being a TE? He would have to gain MASSSS Amount of weight to even be considered a TE right now.

does Richie cooper have a UM offer? guy is special.

It annoys me to no end when people complain about kids when they do kid stuff during the recruiting process, but don't say a word when the coaching staff gives a commit the fifteen year old girl treatment and just ignore their calls and emails etc. hoping they figure out what's going on.

Be an adult. Call the kid and tell him you're yanking his offer. Or tell him you'll honor the offer because you have integrity, but it would be better for all parties involved if he explored other opportunities. But to let weeks go by when the kid could be talking to other schools and isn't because he thinks he's coming to UM is a ****head move. It's not unique to UM or their coaches but it's ****** behavior.

What makes you think the staff hasn't been forthright with the kid? Remember, you're only hearing the kid's side. The coaches can't comment on these prospects.

i want him fired as much as the next guy... but to say this is a fail by the staff is ridiculous.

Now maybe they will miss the evaluation and look like idiots on this (we know they'll look like idiots on many other things anyway)... but it's clear this kid wasn't hearing from Miami anymore and decided to pursue other options.

good luck to the kid

Advertisement
Back