Off-Topic Space, the final frontier, these are the voyages of NASA

I just listened to the Rogan podcast with Eric Weinstein...I have never felt more dumb about him trying to explain the physics on UFO's etc.
Rogan is a really intelligent guy, but sometimes he gets into conversations that are above his intellect. This was one of those conversations, it was such a one-sided conversation. Rogan wasn't even sure what questions to ask.

My favorite guest of all time was Bob Lazar. That conversation was absolutely incredible. Another fantastic guest is Graham Hancock, that guy has had some fascinating discoveries in finding evidence of modern humans in North America before the purported ice bridge in Bering-sea.

Advertisement
My favorite guest of all time was Bob Lazar. That conversation was absolutely incredible.

Bob Lazar is to science what Frank Dux is to martial arts. Total frauds but entertaining nonetheless. Sure, Dux completely fabricated his entire story about being secret CIA spy assassin, being trained to be a ninja by a Japanese master at the age of 16, and fighting and winning a secret underground tournament with fights to the death- but his lies were instrumental in creating the movie "Bloodsport", which is one of the best movies ever made.

I disagree. The most logical explanation is that humans have a very, very incomplete understanding of physics and stellar evolution. Personally, I see no need to fill in the gaps with a deity (or deities) for the time being. But that's why we need these technological marvels like the JWST. If we didn't have it, then we wouldn't have seen those distant galactic structures and we'd continue assuming we had a decent understanding about how galaxies form. Now humans have more information and we can revise the theories and see if they hold up the next time there is an amazing leap in technology.

I'm posting a link to a video that caused a mini existential crisis when I watched it the other day. Just mind blowing to realize that even after our sun burns out in 10 billion years (putting the universe at 25'ish billion years old), the universe will only a be fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent in total age.

There are really 2 options logically speaking. Either the universe is self existent and is past eternal... kind of like Sagan’s opening of Cosmos “the universe is all there is and ever was” or it began a very long time ago.

If it began it was caused by something outside of it. Something can’t cause it’s own existence. It is very rational at that point to assume something transcendent to the universe, beyond space and time, that can be itself space less and timeless and other properties which are typically assigned to a Deity that may have caused it..

You don’t have to understand EVERYTHING to arrive at that conclusion.

But either way you look at it you are making a faith based assertion.

FD6F79E0-4F0B-493D-BB9C-3261C5D5D985.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement

Wolf 1069 is Red Dwarf Star about 31 light-years away from our Solar System & researchers have found an exoplanet (Wolf 1069b) that is roughly similar the size of Earth & is within it’s habitable zone.
(A Red Dwarf is a Star about 5-10,000x smaller the mass & luminosity of our Sun, which is a Yellow Dwarf)

Because of the distance from the star, the low amplitude signals reflect that the planet would likely be able to retain it’s atmosphere due to low pressure & ability to obstruct intense UV rays.

What gives such hope & indication of this planet potentially being habitable is the fact that it has a really short orbital period of only 15 & 1/2 days, which means it would take this planet just 15 days to orbit it’s star, (It takes Earth 24 hours to complete one solar cycle). Which means this planet gets about 65% of the SI’s of that of Earth, which would give them a consistent surface temperature of around 12.5 - 95 Celsius (54°F - 203°F). However, the lows would be pretty much the same except in the minus, so the cold temperatures would reach well below -100°C.

Advertisement
Dragon just docked to the ISS. SpaceX launched 6 crew missions for NASA completing their fixed price contract before Boeing even launched their Crew Demo mission. Crazy considering when NASA announced Crew contracts Boeing was considered the safe bet. Now it's the complete opposite. SpaceX will launch for their second NASA crew contract and have done like 3-4 private missions before Boeing is even scheduled to do their Crew Demo. And with NASA awarding SpaceX the sole HLS contract (for now) We'll see if they can hit the 2024 deadline. This month SpaceX is going to be doing their first orbital Starship test which should be absolutely insane - will be the most powerful rocket ever launched, and a great stepping stone towards landing back on the moon THIS DECADE and eventually mars.

Plus there was recently the new that ULA is going to be for sale. I'd expect Blue Origin (Bezos) to make a serious bid. Either that or Lockheed will just buy out Boeings portion and Boeing will just stick to big budget government cost+ contracts or some ****. The Crew mission is not making them look competent at all.

Advertisement
Rogan is a really intelligent guy, but sometimes he gets into conversations that are above his intellect. This was one of those conversations, it was such a one-sided conversation. Rogan wasn't even sure what questions to ask.

My favorite guest of all time was Bob Lazar. That conversation was absolutely incredible. Another fantastic guest is Graham Hancock, that guy has had some fascinating discoveries in finding evidence of modern humans in North America before the purported ice bridge in Bering-sea.
Rogan is not above average intelligence IMO, but he's a great interviewer - and has well above average social intelligence. The complete opposite of Eric, who makes for bad interviews IMO because he assumes listeners even have a modicum of understanding of what he's saying.

Advertisement
Back