Off-Topic Space, the final frontier, these are the voyages of NASA

Advertisement
Really cool! Anyone owning SpaceX should see a big increase in value over the next few years as they continue to smash the cost of launch.

“Starship will make life multiplanetary”

😂

1710474045325.gif

“Starship will make life multiplanetary”

😂

View attachment 284646

The irony is that musk already believes in intelligent life on other planets.

That said, starship does make earth humans multiplanetary. Assuming living on mars for extended periods of time counts. Personally, a human has to be born on Mars before I would consider it living on the planet vs visiting

Advertisement

That said, starship does make earth humans multiplanetary. Assuming living on mars for extended periods of time counts. Personally, a human has to be born on Mars before I would consider it living on the planet vs visiting
Given that Mars' gravity is ~38% of ours, I don't think we'll see this until the problem of simulating gravity during space travel can be solved. Scott Kelly did almost a year in space and he had issues when he got back. A round trip to Mars would exceed that.

Given that Mars' gravity is ~38% of ours, I don't think we'll see this until the problem of simulating gravity during space travel can be solved. Scott Kelly did almost a year in space and he had issues when he got back. A round trip to Mars would exceed that.
38% is much better than near 0%. Plus this is only an issue if returning to earth. Otherwise, I agree we are likely off by a little while

And that’s only one of about a million serious problems that would have to be overcome…

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Hard to believe. We don't even have Intelligent Life in all of Washington, DC.

Advertisement
Back