Off-Topic Space, the final frontier, these are the voyages of NASA

Advertisement

Bravo. It’s mind boggling that it took us this long to get back there, but, ya’know, forging wars and killing each other is much higher on the list of important things to do for the human race than traveling the cosmos…but I digress. Jokes aside, there’s so many things we need to be working on to advance our journey to find other life. First, we clearly need to develop a more practical system of propulsion. Alpha/Proxima Centauri is the nearest star system to our own and with our current speed of travel it would take us 100,000 years to get there. That’s only 4-4.5 light years away. Obviously, you can’t exceed the speed of light, but wormhole travel is a theoretical possibility. The other “kink” we need to work out is the massive amounts of radiation humans would receive from traveling through space. The amount they would receive from the Earth’s Van Allen Belt alone would be astronomical. This is why we need to give up on this fool’s errand of colonizing Mars…Mars has a very thin, almost non-existent atmosphere which means constant belting from radiation. Bottom line: Human beings need to come together and solve these problems instead of wasting all of our time and money on building missiles and weapons meant to kill each other. The Fermi Paradox is a harsh reality we’re faced with at the moment, but one we will overcome with better technology and understanding.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Super close to putting people on the moon…and Mars, though, right?

This is fine.
As I’ve stated in here before, mankind’s effort towards colonizing Mars is a fool’s errand, and a total waste of time and resources. Not only does Mars have very little to no atmosphere(about 1% of earth’s), which means it’s constantly belted by solar winds and radiation, but there’s also no magnetic field(magnetosphere) which is a double whammy. I’m actually much more interested in Saturn’s moon, Titan. Titan actually has a very thick atmosphere which we now believe is similar to earth’s during its beginning stages. This helps protect it from harmful solar radiation which, as we know, sterilizes any chance of life thriving. While it doesn’t have it’s own magnetic field, Titan benefits from Saturn’s own field. I’d much rather we focus our efforts on Titan instead of Mars.

Advertisement
As I’ve stated in here before, mankind’s effort towards colonizing Mars is a fool’s errand, and a total waste of time and resources. Not only does Mars have very little to no atmosphere(about 1% of earth’s), which means it’s constantly belted by solar winds and radiation, but there’s also no magnetic field(magnetosphere) which is a double whammy. I’m actually much more interested in Saturn’s moon, Titan. Titan actually has a very thick atmosphere which we now believe is similar to earth’s during its beginning stages. This helps protect it from harmful solar radiation which, as we know, sterilizes any chance of life thriving. While it doesn’t have its own magnetic field, Titan benefits from Saturn’s own field. I’d much rather we focus our efforts on Titan instead of Mars.
Mars, Titan, whatever. Based on all the currently available evidence, it’s ALL a fool’s errand and a colossal waste of resources and energy.

Mars, Titan, whatever. Based on all the currently available evidence, it’s ALL a fool’s errand and a colossal waste of resources and energy.
I'd argue otherwise. The research and development that goes into such endeavors pays huge dividends in other areas. It's money far better spent than on social media technology, weapons, or political lobbying.

Advertisement
Back