Southridge DL picks up Cane offer

Looks like we offered Cl 2021 DE/DT Leonard Taylor today. Has offers from Tennessee, FSU, Auburn and Kentucky already. Offered by Banda. Was at Duke and FIU games.
also plays basketball.

6'4 245 lbs Was really excited to get the offer. Miami is his dream school. Happy he could play where his family could watch.

Yeah, but he might have 3-4 "dream schools." It seems like kids just say this as a rote response when school x, y, or z offers them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah, but he might have 3-4 "dream schools." It seems like kids just say this as a rote response when school x, y, or z offers them.
Man the guy dreams everyday, he may have a dream school for every day of the week lol. We are his Tuesday dream school.

Advertisement
We get it.....when a player says The U is his dream school he's not coming. It's played out and takes no thought to post it so stop trying to be first.
Unless Miami falls off the college football landscape LT will be wearing The U on his helmet.

According to CIS, SoFla 5* DT’s are #2 on the bag list so we basically have no shot here.

If he signs with us great but if he doesn’t then he was never coming here anyway and was purchased. I believe that is how it goes. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Advertisement
We get it.....when a player says The U is his dream school he's not coming. It's played out and takes no thought to post it so stop trying to be first.
Unless Miami falls off the college football landscape LT will be wearing The U on his helmet.
What makes you so confident

What makes you so confident
I believe most of these young men do see Miami as their dream school. It's what they grew up near and know. Other factors come into play for the national recruits as we all know. I believe Miami will start winning and 2021 will be the year we land more highly recruited players. Plus, there's already enough negativity on CIS. Not me.

According to CIS, SoFla 5* DT’s are #2 on the bag list so we basically have no shot here.

If he signs with us great but if he doesn’t then he was never coming here anyway and was purchased. I believe that is how it goes. Wash, rinse, repeat.

LMFAO

You keep bringing up a dude here and there while failing to mention the plethora of documented information that is out there about this bag game that you seem to think has no bearing on where a kid goes. It’s like arguing with a flat earth dude. You believe what you want and I’ll agree to disagree.
But of course the kids and schools that have been caught paying and getting paid must be the only ones. Can’t exist down here cause no one has been caught.
I remember dudes calling bullsht when it was brought up that some dudes were having the sat taken by other people. Everyone I know said no way that could happen. But now everyone knows it’s true after that img kid got caught.

People taking SATs for others been going on for decades.

I heard my cousin, not a football player, wanted to get into Penn (I think specifically Wharton) and he had somebody take the SAT for him. I haven't seen that cousin in over 50 years, just something I heard. He ended up going there. After that, he started a business renting out video tapes from a big cart inside a mall. He always wanted to be an entrepreneur so that's what he ended up doing. I guess Wharton is good preparation for creating an innovative pushcart.

Also heard it about one of our all-time greats, not one of our south Florida players. Heard it from somebody from his hometown. No, not renting tapes from a pushcart, but this kid, with a bright future, needed the score to get into UM. He did end up with an outstanding college and pro career.

I don't know if SAT is as big as it used to be. Now I hear more about ACT.

Advertisement
People taking SATs for others been going on for decades.

I heard my cousin, not a football player, wanted to get into Penn (I think specifically Wharton) and he had somebody take the SAT for him. I haven't seen that cousin in over 50 years, just something I heard. He ended up going there. After that, he started a business renting out video tapes from a big cart inside a mall. He always wanted to be an entrepreneur so that's what he ended up doing. I guess Wharton is good preparation for creating an innovative pushcart.

Also heard it about one of our all-time greats, not one of our south Florida players. Heard it from somebody from his hometown. No, not renting tapes from a pushcart, but this kid, with a bright future, needed the score to get into UM. He did end up with an outstanding college and pro career.

I don't know if SAT is as big as it used to be. Now I hear more about ACT.
They’re both BS IMO. Act or sat I don’t think has ever panned out as an indicator for future success. My friend went to Tuck and Dartmouth. Haven’t seen him in years. But he likely never flies commercial.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back