South Florida quarterbacking

Advertisement
does any of them play DT...or DE ?? that was our issue not QB play as much..jacory scored points and SM is doing well.

if you paid attention....our defense has struggled...do a report on How many D linemen we lost out of South Fl in the last 6 years...

agree completely.

i have said for a while all of the big 3 should run spread offenses and utilize the mobile guys. i think so for two reasons. one, there are like 10-15 qbs in the world who can sit in the pocket and read defenses and shred them with their arm. there are maybe 8 in the entire nfl and the rest are trash, same in college. so its going to be rare to find a qb who can do that at an elite level, i don't like those odds.

secondly, there are about 3-5 that come out each year with the potential to do so and they are typically not in florida. now you might say we're miami or we're uf, we should be able to land those guys. but the problem is you're competing with every team in the top 25 for their signature and going oos to chase them, again not great odds. meanwhile there are literally hundreds of athletic qb's with a decent arm each year. but those guys like a treon harris are moved to receiver. just as an example, RGIII was offered as a receiver, manziel offered as a receiver, uga offered cam as a tight end, uf and lsu offered bridgewater as a receiver.

when those guys blow up you always hear they're 'rare' talents...bull****. schools move those rare talents to db or receiver every year. you have athletes at your disposal, why not build a system around them?

These are some talented guys but remember that it was like a carousel for OCs here and some may say that doesn't matter but that's a lot to deal with regardless of how talented you are.

Rotating OCs can and does plays a factor in player development...

After being selected as the Redskins’ first-round pick in 2005, Campbell played under four different play-callers. That started with the brilliant Joe Gibbs and progressively devolved to Al Saunders, Jim Zorn and then Sherm Lewis. Lewis had been out of football for five years when he took over the offense as Zorn was professionally neutered by Redskins owner Dan Snyder.

Throw in four offensive coordinators in four years at Auburn and Campbell is playing for his ninth offensive coordinator or play-caller in the 10 years since he left high school. Or, as Campbell said with a touch of sarcasm, he speaks nine offensive languages. If only there was a version of the United Nations for football, Campbell could be an interpreter.

“If I ever become an offensive coordinator, I can borrow from nine playbooks,” Campbell said.

Who knows what type of QB he would've been if he stayed under the same system in college and was drafted by a NFL team to run their offensive system. Just saying.

BTW, Jason Campbell approves this message.

jason_campbell_sm.jpg

Advertisement
These are some talented guys but remember that it was like a carousel for OCs here and some may say that doesn't matter but that's a lot to deal with regardless of how talented you are.

After being selected as the Redskins’ first-round pick in 2005, Campbell played under four different play-callers. That started with the brilliant Joe Gibbs and progressively devolved to Al Saunders, Jim Zorn and then Sherm Lewis. Lewis had been out of football for five years when he took over the offense as Zorn was professionally neutered by Redskins owner Dan Snyder.

Throw in four offensive coordinators in four years at Auburn and Campbell is playing for his ninth offensive coordinator or play-caller in the 10 years since he left high school. Or, as Campbell said with a touch of sarcasm, he speaks nine offensive languages. If only there was a version of the United Nations for football, Campbell could be an interpreter.

“If I ever become an offensive coordinator, I can borrow from nine playbooks,” Campbell said.

Who knows what type of QB he would've been if he stayed under the same system in college and was drafted by a NFL team to run their offensive system. Just saying.

or maybe he just sucks....aka Cam the scam...

This...

If you're a piece of hot garbage QB chances are you're gonna get your offensive coordinator fired within a minimum of 2 years. He got a lot of OC's fired.

This...

If you're a piece of hot garbage QB chances are you're gonna get your offensive coordinator fired within a minimum of 2 years. He got a lot of OC's fired.

LOL. Yeah, you're probably right... Touche, gentlemen. Touche.

Last edited:
All I know is, the QB position at Miami is in good hands for now and for the foreseeable future. We now have the luxury of targeting and redshirting prospects that have limitless potential but need refining and time to learn (Torrance Gibson). The QB Machine gonna starting cranking up again after years of being out of service.

Advertisement
All I know is, the QB position at Miami is in good hands for now and for the foreseeable future. We now have the luxury of targeting and redshirting prospects that have limitless potential but need refining and time to learn (Torrance Gibson). The QB Machine gonna starting cranking up again after years of being out of service.

This. Olsen, Kaaya, then Gibson our future looks bright at QB.

Last edited:

This Olsen, Kaaya, then Gibson are future looks bright at QB.

AMEN guys....we need to build the D..

Geno Smith wouldve been another Jacory Harris at UM and the same argument could be made for Teddy Bridgewater..... that's why he got scared and decommitted.

Why hasnt Nicodem Pierre been on UM's radar.... He seems legit!

Maybe because we have 3 QB's committed.. Not sure though

True I've never been sold on Rosier and it's a lot of speculation Eduord might be gone which i hope not so if we're recruiting 3 then the question is still valid knowing only 2 of the 3 are sticking why havent we heard much of Pierre.... He's one of the top QB's in sofla

Advertisement
Advertisement
Question...Do you take Flowers or Harris over Rosier?

I personally would. I said at the beginning of this whole process that I would take Harris, Edouard and Flowers and tell them all they get a chance at QB but will be moved to help the team if it doesn't work out. I know that is a lot of "quarterbacks" in one class, but the reality is that getting more than one stud QB in a class is a rarity, and Kaaya more then fills that slot. The rest are fliers anyway, so I would take a chance on these elite level athletes in our backyard. Maybe the staff sees Rosier as an elite level athlete or a future Russel Wilson, but based on what I have seen I would take Harris and Flowers first.

What is our system? bubble and slip screens under Nix? bombs away under Whipple? no running game under Fisch? make'em pay for blitzing under Olson? I think we need to at least consider building our offense, going forward, around the types of talent that are prevalent in our backyard and are starting to permeate the NFL en masse. I do think Coley is trending us towards that. I think in his mind the perfect guy for Coley is a Lewis type. Someone who is comfortable throwing it 300-350 times a season but also comfortable pulling it down and running about 80-90 times a season.

We started with pro passing attack under Schnellenberger because we had smallish, mediocre offensive linemen. He felt the passing game was the great equalizer. With a superior passing attack, you didn't have to physically dominate the defensive front. Now, we can out-physical defensive fronts. We have more options, including the talent to have strong running games. Our old Schnellenberger-Gary Stevens offense did not result in effective running games. No thousand yard rushers.

Question...Do you take Flowers or Harris over Rosier?

Harris---definately.

Flowers..i dont think so...i think he can be a good safety though.

Harris because hes a legit 4.4. guy. Add to it he has played QB his whole LIFE.....for his dad and brother guys who actually run a legit offensive scheme...Right now Treon Hraris can go in a film room and actually know how to break down film... Flowers plays playground ball for De La Brown over there at Jackson.

Harris is a good deal better than Rosier based off film...then u factor in the intangibles and ability to play other positions..(wr,cb) quite frankly im mad hes going to our rivals...i want Treon over Alin Edoard too.....this is not hyperbole either....Ive been saying this for a loonngg time.

You got Tim Brewster up there in Tally talking about his 305 homies....GTFOH.....Coley needs to get on the Jack to Ice asap.

Advertisement
Back