South Florida Express Tryout Observations

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
--2015 CB Tavarus McFadden (American Heritage) was one of the most impressive prospects there and he jumps out at you from a physical standpoint. He's about 6'3", 180 and can run. 5 offers already from LSU, Notre Dame, FSU, BC, and Ole Miss. He will be a national recruit.

--A lot of people including myself think Ermon Lane is the best receiver in the country and he dominated yesterday as usual. He's a legit 6'3", 190 and has a thicker build than you would expect. He makes plays so effortlessly that it doesn't even seem like he's trying (he's not most of the time.) The one criticism of him that some people had out there is that he can be a little stiff at times. In games, he basically goes deep exclusively so it's tough to get a read on his route-running abilities. He is as good as it gets as a deep-threat.

-The next big thing out of Miramar is 2015 CB Tyrek Cole. He had a breakout season and then was shutting kids down all day in the 1-on-1s. 5'11", 175 with crazy long arms and he can run with anybody. Tracy Howard and Deon Bush were looking on and were "wowed" by his performance.

-Sony Michel is back to 100% after his knee injury a couple years back. He played this season kind of tentatively, but was as explosive as ever yesterday...obviously this is without pads. The scary thing about him is he continues to get bigger and bigger every time you see him. He looks like an NFL running back. He seems legitimately wide-open in the process right now.

-A name to watch out for is QB Sean White. I don't think he's necessarily Miami caliber, but he will garner good offers. White was at Chaminade-Maddona the last few years and tore it up from a numbers standpoint. He made the move over to University School a couple weeks ago and will have a lot of weapons around him. He was the best QB out there and has a really nice zip on the ball. Very fundamentally sound and is a good athlete as well.

-One of my personal favorites in all of South Florida is 2015 Killian ATH JaQuan Johnson. Johnson has been one of the top 5 players down here in the last two seasons and he was impressive yesterday. He's only about 5'10", but has really bulked up since back in the summer. Miami offered yesterday and he also holds offers from UF, Clemson, and Marshall. He has great ball skills and the thing that really separates him is his instincts.

-2014 DE Chad Thomas was in attendance yesterday walking around. Just from seeing him in person, you can tell the type of freakish athlete he is.

-Some Miami players were in attendance including Deon Bush, Tracy Howard, Herb Waters, Malcolm Lewis, Standish Dobard, and NFL-bound Brandon McGee. FIU QB Elgin Hilliard was also there.

Advertisement
-Sony Michel is back to 100% after his knee injury a couple years back. He played this season kind of tentatively, but was as explosive as ever yesterday...obviously this is without pads. The scary thing about him is he continues to get bigger and bigger every time you see him. He looks like an NFL running back. He seems legitimately wide-open in the process right now.

12 months out and Pete laying the ground work for the 2014 meltdown...:p

Appreciate this, love to hear about stuff like this. Hopefully D$ can add his thoughts here too.

Advertisement
Appreciate this, love to hear about stuff like this. Hopefully D$ can add his thoughts here too.

sky,
Honestly, I got there a little bit late and spent most of my time either talking to folks or watching Lane. I will say that the McFadden kid looked the part and was jamming people to Fort Myers.

Anybody know if he has any relation to Bryant?

Did Edouard attend this?

Nah I think he plays for another team florida fire or something like that.

sky,
Honestly, I got there a little bit late and spent most of my time either talking to folks or watching Lane. I will say that the McFadden kid looked the part and was jamming people to Fort Myers.

Anybody know if he has any relation to Bryant?

Yea saw u mentioned in another thread, no worries. Im trying to remember this mcfadden kid, he plays for AH and I saw a couple of their games, Jackson torched that secondary something serious either way this kid is young and going to get better

Advertisement

12 months out and Pete laying the ground work for the 2014 meltdown...:p

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

Advertisement
Tryout Vid.

[video]http://sfhighschoolsports.com/sites/sfhighschoolsports.com/files/video/South-Florida-Express-Tryouts.mp4[/video]

That Lammons kid needs an offer NOW NOW NOW. Reminds me of Deon Bush. And he says we're his leader.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If Ermon Lane is a legit 6' 3" (he's probably an inch less), what the heck is Tyre Brady? Standing next to each other, Brady made Lane look about average size. Brady's frame is clearly bigger and he's a couple inches taller. He looks like a **** monster as a HS junior. Got a bit of Plaxico Burress to him.

If Ermon Lane is a legit 6' 3" (he's probably an inch less), what the heck is Tyre Brady? Standing next to each other, Brady made Lane look about average size. Brady's frame is clearly bigger and he's a couple inches taller. He looks like a **** monster as a HS junior. Got a bit of Plaxico Burress to him.

Watching that UA combine Brady was further along physically than pretty much anyone out there. That Scarborough man child from Bama and Quincy Wilson looked big too but Tyre Brady was much bigger than pretty much anyone he matched up with. Just hope he has the grades.

Watching that UA combine Brady was further along physically than pretty much anyone out there. That Scarborough man child from Bama and Quincy Wilson looked big too but Tyre Brady was much bigger than pretty much anyone he matched up with. Just hope he has the grades.

doesnt look like a dumb kid, speaks relatively well......meaning if he has bad grades theres no reason he cant bring them up other then him just being lazy then we wouldnt want him anyways

Advertisement
Back