South Dade coach gives insight on Washington, Francois, and Denis

View as article
Advertisement
How could we possibly let a kid go from South Dade to Oregon. I get the SEC appeal for some of these kids. But Oregon? Come on man.

How could we possibly let a kid go from South Dade to Oregon. I get the SEC appeal for some of these kids. But Oregon? Come on man.
Oregon is offering kids a lot of money to get kids to go there. This came out during the college basketball federal trial.

Advertisement
Didn’t everybody want Washington dropped from the class?
LOL,that's when they thought we could get someone better.Got to give Washington props,he's convinced the staff into thinking he can influence Francois into signing with miami,we'll see in a few days,

Im not that high on Denis either.

Why not? We complain every year about how the OL doesn't move bodies in the run game...Denis brings that to the table and then some. He has the traits to be great in gap and zone schemes, he executes every run block from reach, pull, backside cutoff, down blocks, 2nd level reach blocks, etc. He might have limited range as a pass protector but you play him inside and let him quick set and he'll be fine. Denis is a stud imo.

I listened to Mirabal talk about their OL on a podcast and it's clear that they value intelligence, film study, work ethic, etc with their linemen and don't care about stars and hype and what not. Anyone they offer should be good enough for Miami.

Advertisement
Tell us more.

I see where 247 rankings have JD ranked outside the Top 100 in Florida and barely within the Top 1000 nationally, so he's really a mid-3 star prospect as rankings go.

Only an OK athlete?

Marginal size-wise at 6-3, 280?

Just more of what we already have on the roster?

I think we fans are so are desperate for any crumbs of positivity when it comes our future with the offensive line
280 lbs back at Miami camp in spring. Is playing now in the upper 280s. Besides Zion Nelson was taken at 240 and as a EE was 285 at the beginning of the season. This guy needs just 15-20 lbs to be at 300 as is an EE.

280 lbs back at Miami camp in spring. Is playing now in the upper 280s. Besides Zion Nelson was taken at 240 and as a EE was 285 at the beginning of the season. This guy needs just 15-20 lbs to be at 300 as is an EE.
Scaife plays at 6-3 and 300 and does a very creditable job.

1576536126388.png

Advertisement
Why not? We complain every year about how the OL doesn't move bodies in the run game...Denis brings that to the table and then some. He has the traits to be great in gap and zone schemes, he executes every run block from reach, pull, backside cutoff, down blocks, 2nd level reach blocks, etc. He might have limited range as a pass protector but you play him inside and let him quick set and he'll be fine. Denis is a stud imo.

I listened to Mirabal talk about their OL on a podcast and it's clear that they value intelligence, film study, work ethic, etc with their linemen and don't care about stars and hype and what not. Anyone they offer should be good enough for Miami.

Will be good in zone scheme. His frame looks to be sort of small. Like he may be tapped out. I initially look at guys that can pass set so may be I'm biased about to the interior play. He maybe a real good center at the next level.

Here we dont need one for this class, and big baby Seymour is better than him as an interior center prospect as an underclassman.

Dont get me wrong I'll take him because we aren't in position to turn down likeman..but I'm just not real high on him as others may be

His frame is small but his arms look pretty long and he has great hand placement. He's got that edge to him with finishing blocks. He has better traits than Rodney Hudson imo.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back