Sound Familiar????

Washington would be an absolute idiot to go to UGA. Didn’t they have the # 1 TE in Nauta & this **** was this close to not being drafted?? FOH

Advertisement
Hartley was the special teams coach.

I liked his attitude and his recruiting, especially the tight ends, but as a coach he was the one guy that had the one job: special teams. Remember that. Remember the punting. Remember our overall special teams play.

There’s just some basic shlt that you have to get right if you are a coach. Maybe he should’ve been something else other than the special teams coach. But I don’t know how we can objectively say that he didn’t fail at that job.

Aye. I recall at the end of last season thinking, "I hope he knows more about fornicating than he knows about coaching - or his DNA line ends."

Hartley with the UGA bags is a problem for the entire country. We saw what he did here and we ain't on that level.

Advertisement
I have no problem with Hartley because (ST aside) he was one of the few offensive coaches that you could've made a legitimate case for retaining. Not to mention that it really seemed like he wanted to stay here. That said, I think we'll still be TE-U without him and special teams better be wayyyyy better.

As far as as Fromm and Coley, that kid is going to be permanently scarred with 3 words. Check. With. Me.

Hartley was one of the worst coaches we've ever had here. What'd he do? Coached over some elite athletes at tight end who got drafted, or recruited a couple tight ends to a school that've been getting them for over two decades? You know what else he did? He happened to have one of the worst special team units anyone has ever seen in FBS with an athletic roster. I question his coaching IQ anywhere else on and off the field after seeing that abomination. Then him arguing with fans on twitter, lol. Was pumped to see him go.

So a HS coach trumps a D1 FBS level position coach that has produced draft picks at 2 different school in his short career? That truly sounds like some dumb *** Gator Logic.

Dude, save your Gator name-calling for the kindergarten playground, or better yet, stop being a whiny-*** brat. I have no issue with you liking Hartley, I just don't consider him or his resume as anything special. And I am looking forward to seeing what Field can do.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Not only that, it seems that everyone has Rosemy headed to Georgia and James Williams is sucking up everything that Curby is puking out of his mouth about Georgia. I wish we could recruit South Florida as well as the carpet ****ers.

I hear you bro, there's only so much you can do against bags.

I'll be in the minority but I'll take the position that he's one of the more overrated kids to come out of HS for his position. This is not sour grapes, either - I've been with that position even when we were recruiting him strongly. His high ceiling is not at TE, it's at DL, imo.

His high ceiling is at either position. He has SPECIAL athletic traits with upside. This is the exact type of kid that Butch would notice has developed despite lack of resources and nutrition and salivate over. Get him in a college program and he's just going to get freakier. He already shows flashes of receiving skills and coordination after the catch. Get this guy some refined route running and watch out.

I'll be in the minority but I'll take the position that he's one of the more overrated kids to come out of HS for his position. This is not sour grapes, either - I've been with that position even when we were recruiting him strongly. His high ceiling is not at TE, it's at DL, imo.
Has the size but he’s raw at the position compared to either of Jordan or Mallory

Advertisement
Back