Something Went Wrong with the D Hires

Don’t know why but I have a feeling Manny taking over the D had as much/more to do with being worried about TRob bolting than it did his wanting to run the D.

Gotta think TRob took the position under the premise that one of the DC that Manny had on a list was going to come in and he signed on approving of one of them as opposed to signing knowing that the scenario that we ended up with was gonna happen.I don’t believe for a minute he signed on thinking this sHT scenario would be the case with the guy being demoted still being on the staff....guys smarter than this...

don’t know why but I got a baaaaaaad feeling Baker will be back to calling this D before it’s all said and done....probably after it’d too late for TRob to find another job for this year...jmo

Advertisement
If Manny can win 10 and comes back next year I seriously doubt Baker comes back. Something fell through and Diaz feels more comfortable calling plays than just hiring someone.

Imo from the outside looking in.
With so much negativity around here, that’s a positive way to look at it lol

Advertisement
What does it tell you when no big name DC wanted the job, and either you had no clue about an up and comer, or you're just clueless? At least Manny could have taken LB's away from Baker. I could care less if Manny's f'ed...he did it to himself. I care that we're f'ed, thanks and bye, bye Manny.Take Blake James with you.

Something happened. Someone agreed to join the D (or similar) and backed out at the last minute or something else happened. It wasn't suppose to end with Baker and Patke staying on board with a simply re-assignment of Baker's duties and Manny calling plays. If so, they would have done so sooner; you don't wait 3-4 weeks to announce this horse crap. Manny was chasing something bigger and failed.

And people knew it and thought he had it in hand. After T Rob was hired, Tim Reynolds of the Associated Press tweeted that T Rob's hiring was the first of "multiple new hires". Here's the tweet below. This tweet express means that there would be more than one new hire (that is, two or more). We only hired Jess Simpson.

It will come out, of that I am certain. But what was it? What happened?

Later the same day, Reynolds counseled patience, indicating that we only needed to let the ink dry, which means the deal was done.

He also tweeted the following GIF, expressing delight with the multiple new hires.

The most likely explanation is that Manny thought he could find a good DC, but when he talked to people who he thought were good coordinator material, they weren't interested in working for him. Could be the money. Could be him. Could be other factors. Just ... nope.

JustWin said:
If Manny can win 10 and comes back next year I seriously doubt Baker comes back. Something fell through and Diaz feels more comfortable calling plays than just hiring someone.

Interesting comment. It's a proven thing that when people are failing, they fall back on / go back to trying to do the one thing they know how to do rather than do the things needed for success. Manny wanting to go back to being DC when he's failing at a HC isn't surprising. What's surprising is that Fake James would permit this. Nah, that's not surprising either. Oh well. Carry on.

Agree,no way he he was going into next season with his neck on the line and have Blake be the one responsible for his success.
That, or very very scary is the thought that maybe he has been assured with his unbelievable turnaround in 2020 (😂😂) that his job is completely secure regardless. That is sadly the kind of thing we have been programmed to expect.

Advertisement

Me and you both have a better chance of winning the lottery then manure winning 10 games next season with our out of conference schedule and a gimpy not near fully healthy king. **** a healthy king saved us in 3 games this year, you realize without him we are 5-6 this past year. Smh

He’s going to be the assistant head coach, too.
Cm Punk Whatever GIF by WWE

Advertisement
Because T-Rob is an actual coach, unlike Manny and his minions. Why would T-Rob want to come work for an entire defensive staff full of morons? He must have thought others were coming in. Respectable, proven coaches coming in. Doesn't have to be Muschamp, but he worked for him at UF, and working for him at Miami would result in good recruiting and on-field success.
Agree which is why i wouldn’t be shocked if Trob pulled a Mario the first chance he gets.

Exactly why Mario left Miami. Strong isn’t coming in to work for a bum HC like Diaz at this point of his career. I would venture a guess that Diaz is one of the least respected P5 coaches out there.
Hammer meets head of nail.

Diaz defense will not hold up to any form of power football. UM will put up significant numbers against lesser competition and get dragged by the Clemsons, ALA, and even UNC horrible decision. Agree with those who suggest he struck out with more established coaches.

Love DVD, but he’s here too recruit dude has zero coaching experience. UM had the worst Lb play in America last year how does this help that. Amazing!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back