Something Going on at UL

Well ur preference is ur preference. Some ppl like well done steak over medium-rare/medium. No judgment here.

Yes, we r paying Mario $8m, & that said $8m went to great use as he closed the **** out of the class of ‘22. I think there’s a fundamental gap in our fan base’s mind;

1. The season hasn’t started yet

2. The man is trying to undue 18 yrs worth of mediocrity & poor draft results, yet fans expect things to go Kaboom in 6 months.

We will recruit well, there’s no doubt about it.

Yep, I'm one of those fans . . .

Can't help it! Can't WAIT!

Advertisement
Scott Satterfield is 10-14 in his last two seasons.

This is not a talented team with a ton of depth.
Louisville had the 35th ranked class last year (54th ranked HS recruiting class, 14th ranked transfer class).
In 2021, Louisville had the 41st ranked class (40th ranked HS recruiting class, 22nd ranked transfer class).
In 2020, they were in the 40s again.

Their win total currently sits at 5.5.
They do have a pretty soft schedule but they play no defense whatsoever. I can see them beating Syracuse, USF, and James Madison. The rest are honestly toss ups. They face a ton of good offenses/QBs and will be in a bunch of shootouts. 6 wins won't keep the class together. 7 wins probably won't keep the class together.

They'll need 8+ and I just don't see that happening.
They're going to have a rough year.

Advertisement
I think the progrum is night & day since he came into the building. Lots of work to do but the foundation seems promising. I also agree and think they will clean up on the trail, if they don’t being an Adidas school cant be a built in excuse (not saying it would be, but it’s brought up a lot)

Nah, we definitely can’t use that as an excuse. The point I was highlighting regarding Adidas was from a contractual standpoint & favoritism standpoint. We entered the contract w/ Adidas under the contractual obligation that we would be their flagship program in the ACC, w/ no other P5 Florida School being sponsored by them & we’ll be the highest compensated ACC school. Their terms.

Adidas’ contracts are filled w/ a ton of vague language, & I’ve seen enough of them to know that. One being performance clauses. I have yet to see the exact terms of our contract, but I have posted a couple of Adidas contracts on this board. Regardless, as reported upon, UL was not supposed to receive that large *** contract compared to us.

Right now, clearly something is up w/ UL + Adidas. It’s been that way for a while. Just like it was something up w/ KU + Adidas.

The “switch” in sponsorship is more less like investing in facilities; are these #1 factors to get a recruit to come to ur school? No, not even close. The major factors are winning, draft history, NIL, program stability, coaching staff. It’s the trinkets that can make a difference, though.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I just looked at their commitment list. There’s like 6 dudes from Cali . What’s going on with UL!? 😂

You should. The ACC is falling further and further behind the other P5 conferences in terms of television contracts. We're already competing with one hand behind our back against the SEC and BIG10. If the ACC keeps struggling to produce marquee matchups, that money isn't ever going to get any better. Especially with Clemson looking like they're going to fall off.
whotf in the big10 is worth a sh*t other than osu?

Advertisement
They just had their biggest recruiting weekend ever and hosted recruits with Private Jets and Insane Cars. the Ville is flexing.

Flexing huh? Insane cars and pj's... Lmao. An old *** gt, & Panamera & a few old hockers don't qualify as any of that. That's not even a Sunday driver for a good chunk of us & those hockers are lil boy levels. They ain't flexing on nobody like that... My driveway at **** near any of my cribs got that covered. Don't make us fvck around and start showing these inbreeders what flexing is.

Yeeeeeah, there’s a lot of things that could’ve gave us an out w/ Adidas under Blake’s watch. Fact is, buddy didn’t even know he was being swindled. It took someone outside of the program who was familiar w/ the language of “flagship” regarding Adidas who had to prompt Blake in to even investigate the matter.

We’ll have 5 yrs remaining on our contract starting this season, & I’ve heard from several there’s rumblings about early termination, but it needs to make sense.

Like I told ppl from the outset, be very weary & leery of all this love that’s being shown b/c Adidas did the same thing to UofM, & w/in 5 yrs of the 8 yr deal it soured. Adidas, w/ Ye’s antics, have become a cool streetwear brand (although now he’s complaining about them, smh), but they r still behind in athletics.

However, I want everyone to look no further than the assistance that Adidas has given to both KU & UL in terms of recruiting. Why? B/c KU is their biggest collegiate basketball brand & UL is filled w/ nepotism. Posters kept saying “but, but, we’re a priority for Adidas.” I kept lol’ing at this notion & I stood firm that we weren’t; Adidas banked on us & we didn’t give them the returns they hoped, but KU & UL r their priorities. Even though both us & UL r repped by Adidas, it’s UL that’s being a benefactor of this sponsorship arrangement b/c of cronyism & nepotism.
We can’t leave adidas soon enough. @TheOriginalCane, please tell me this is possiblex

Advertisement
whotf in the big10 is worth a sh*t other than osu?
Their TV contract pays almost double what the ACC teams get. They also had three teams better than the best team in the ACC in 2021

Why are we surprised when buying players is legal unless Miami does it and the NCAA needs to “ learn more about the process “ Ruiz must have cracked up with the NCAA rep as he’s an attorney. I’m sure big words were noted on a yellow notebook. Anyways, I’ll stop being awesome for a second and get back to the fact that these schools who want to make statements are going to try and do what they can. Anything to ***** the SEC I’m all for

Advertisement
Back