Someone with Football knowledge

TexasCane90

Senior
Premium
Explain to me what led to this performance on the defensive side??

Please no...

Baker is a ******.... McCloud and Jennings suck bro... or canes duh bro

Was it all about the play calls putting the players in wrong spots?

Was it our Dline l not being able to shed blocks to get the run?

Advertisement
UNC watched our defensive film. They figured out that we had half way aggressive ends and bad linebackers. They schemed well early and it worked well in regards to the running game. They kept it up, we either didn't or couldn't adjust. We were out coached. Period. Also our linebackers our not any good. They are terrible actually. Our corners are awful also. Especially Ivey. They picked on him.

Advertisement
Our entire defensive strategy is based on havoc. We shoot gaps and stunt and ignore gap integrity to chase negative plays. We also have slow LBs and DBs that don’t set good angles because they have no anchor points. UNC just used our aggressiveness against us and basically ran the ball under our dline as they rushed upfield. Our linebackers were picked off at the second level and so it was 10 or so yards until someone touched a back. The ran counter 40 times tonight

Advertisement
Explain to me what led to this performance on the defensive side??

Please no...

Baker is a ******.... McCloud and Jennings suck bro... or canes duh bro

Was it all about the play calls putting the players in wrong spots?

Was it our Dline l not being able to shed blocks to get the run?
Great question: I only played football for a few years, but if I’m a defender and the RB is running at me, I tackle him. I don’t need Buddy Ryan to tell me that!!!

Our entire defensive strategy is based on havoc. We shoot gaps and stunt and ignore gap integrity to chase negative plays. We also have slow LBs and DBs that don’t set good angles because they have no anchor points. UNC just used our aggressiveness against us and basically ran the ball under our dline as they rushed upfield. Our linebackers were picked off at the second level and so it was 10 or so yards until someone touched a back. The ran counter 40 times tonight
This right here.

Also with UNC offense you have to commit to stop the run and play man. ND played UNC the same way they played Clemson. Stop the run and live with whatever the QB does.

Advertisement
Did anyone see the def scheme where they had 5 defenders to the left n Roche by himself
This guy has to be a defensive staff analyst.

1607822673259.png

Advertisement
The coaching on the defensive side of the ball is set up to put the players at a disadvantage. The way they teach the DL to fly up field leaving major holes, not teaching our LBers gap integrity, the lack of containment, the way they teach our CBs to cover, and the ****** pre-alignment. All of that is on coaching and it's not gonna change unless Manny abandons everything about his defensive philosophy which severely lacks fundamentals. If Manny wants to succeed hes gonna have to let a real DC handle the defensive side of the ball. Not any of this yes man bs, he has been doing.

Fire them all! No excuse. Done watching the same horror movie since 2002. Since NC loss to Taint* on bs call we have had one shining moment... 41-8 undressing of ND on national tv when it mattered at that time between two top 10 teams. Thats it! 1 quality win in 18 effin’ years. No excuses ... letting them score and flip U down laughing over and over at us. Someone needed to run and blast them while they celebrating...take the **** 15 yd unsportsmanlike penalty. Yeah you winning but that disrespect ain’t happening. Send a cot **** message. Coaches need held accountable for not having them ready to play and playing soft. Making millions and making dumb decisions and play calls. And I don’t want to hear about Covid!!! Eff that Bama seems just fine. 52-3 running root in asses... meanwhile we get butt banged on national tv. Sad at this mess...sad at this mess!

Last edited:
When you lose even before the ball is snapped you know we are poorly coached. Go back to game thread and see there were 10 times that we lossed before the ball was even snapped due to bad alignment

it’s horrendous from a coaching perspective

Advertisement
Back