Someone tell me Homer, DJD13 and Lo-Ling are the second coming of

Advertisement
You shut your got dang mouth when you're talking to me! Homer is a very good running back and a helluva fine football player and a better young man,, but there is no better pure RB on the planet than Deejay muther****in Dallas. I ain't hearing it otherwise...
Tough guy?

One of my predictions is that DJ will end up having to play QB for us in a read option role. Look for whispers of this in fall camp if the QBs continue to struggle.

QB Dallas
RB Homer
RB Lingard
TE Jordan
WR Richards
WR Thomas

That is an NFL lineup at the skill positions. Sub in Cam Davis for Lingard if you want a receiving threat or sub in George or Gray or Burns if you want more power.
This is straight up retarded and needs to die here before anybody else gets exposed to this stupidity. I live in GA. I'm less than an hour from Glynn Academy. DeeJay Dallas is NOT a QB. He just happened to be the best athlete on the field most of the time. He does not possess the sort of athleticism that will allow him to fill the same roll in D1 college ball. He's not the best athlete on Green Tree by a wide margin. As soon as defenses figure out he can't throw, he'll be a sitting duck. I expect to actually see less and less of him in the wildcat and more and more of him following Gray or George through the A gap out of an offset I or Pistol formation.

Gore, Portis and McGahee.

Our line needs to get **** figured out because we look to have some serious talent ready to toe the rock.

My take is Homer is the currently the best overall pure RB on the team

DJ is gonna crack skulls, I just hope he kept his wheels with that bulk

Ling is gonna be a one cut rocket aka Sony Michel
Lo-Ling. That really sucks.

Advertisement
Brah, Homer, DJD13, and Lo-Ling are da second coming of Gore, Portis, and McGahee.

Love the optimism, but no. Frank Gore remains, after Marcus Allen, the most just gifted true TB I've ever seen. There is nobody like him on this roster. Portia was incredibly versatile and, if he was in the NFL now, would be ridiculous. He would be you first round fantasy pick. Then we have Willis. There is nobody on our roster with his just ridiculous talent. In fact we haven't had anyone on our roster since him with that level of talent. And for those yelling "Duke" or something similar, Duke was none of the guys on that roster.

One of my predictions is that DJ will end up having to play QB for us in a read option role. Look for whispers of this in fall camp if the QBs continue to struggle.

QB Dallas
RB Homer
RB Lingard
TE Jordan
WR Richards
WR Thomas

That is an NFL lineup at the skill positions. Sub in Cam Davis for Lingard if you want a receiving threat or sub in George or Gray or Burns if you want more power.

When Winslow(Jordan) comes out Shockey(Mallory) comes in. :cool:

Love the optimism, but no. Frank Gore remains, after Marcus Allen, the most just gifted true TB I've ever seen. There is nobody like him on this roster. Portia was incredibly versatile and, if he was in the NFL now, would be ridiculous. He would be you first round fantasy pick. Then we have Willis. There is nobody on our roster with his just ridiculous talent. In fact we haven't had anyone on our roster since him with that level of talent. And for those yelling "Duke" or something similar, Duke was none of the guys on that roster.

I would Put Edge on the level as Gore IMO. Yeah Gore is probably slightly better but not by much.

Duke hasnt had Portis’ success in the NFL (yet), but he was better than Portis by a huge margin at UM.

Advertisement
You shut your got dang mouth when you're talking to me! Homer is a very good running back and a helluva fine football player and a better young man,, but there is no better pure RB on the planet than Deejay muther****in Dallas. I ain't hearing it otherwise...
Yeah, but who do you really like?

Seriously, I got the felling lasr year that DeeJay is one of those guys with nose and heart to get it in the end zone no matter what. Seeing him bulk up to 220 makes me giddy with the thought that we will not need to throw repeated failed fades into the end zone from inside the 10. I see him as the difference between 7 and 3 many time this year.

I was thinking Thurman Thomas and Barry Sanders would be a better comparison.

Advertisement
We haven't had One back since, that could hold a candle to the "Three Wise Men" you mentioned..
Duke or Miller were both pretty **** good if you ask me. Sure they weren't on the same level, but they could definitely hold a candle to them.

Advertisement
Duke or Miller were both pretty **** good if you ask me. Sure they weren't on the same level, but they could definitely hold a candle to them.
What did Duke do against FSU? Nothing, he fattened up on Twinkies.
Miller? better, but no cigar.
Great running backs Show up in big games..

Tough guy?

vztc6Bw.gif

giphy.gif

I would Put Edge on the level as Gore IMO. Yeah Gore is probably slightly better but not by much.

Edge, Gore, Portis, McGahee, heck I'll even put Najeh Davenport in the conversation even though he clearly was not anywhere near the level of pure tailback that those guys were. I include Davenport just because he was such a personal, fan, and player favorite, and because he was willing to play anywhere he needed, all he cared about was helping the team WIN, and what he did had a huge impact in that regard.

Anyway, I can't rank those guys against each other, that would be like if I were asked to choose between my nuts which one I like better. I'll put Stephen McGuire, Melvin Bratton and Alonzo Highsmith in there as well.

Those guys were the heroes of my youth, so I'm not impartial in the least when it comes to them. Empirically, though, they were all badasses who made big time plays to win big time games. Anyone saying Duke was a better RB at Miami than Portis was too young to remember the moment in the OB (don't remember the year or opponent, but I remember vividly the quiet, and then the ROAR and the stands underneath me shaking when he lit the edge) when we needed a TD badly and on third down he took the pitch to the right from about 30 yards out, jogged up behind the OLine and saw there was nothing but a wall of defenders, spun back around, sprinted around the left side and went untouched into the endzone. Portis is a Canes LEGEND, Duke was a real nice player, a special one, but not the same level. Not even close.

Advertisement
Back