Someone explain this defensive formation to me please

rok

Great Poster
BxnmmISIcAEHtgt.jpg:large

Advertisement
In case anyone is wondering:

2nd and 7 at ARST 43 Johnston White run for 6 yds to the ArkSt 49
3rd and 1 at ARST 49 Johnston White run for 6 yds to the MiaFl 45 for a 1ST down

It's 3-4. With 37 blitzing or cover RB, he should be covering slot up top and that player should taking Rb or blitz.

Advertisement
McCord lined up there is very odd considering Gunter is right there and they only have one WR on that side of the field

I got nothing

It's 3-4. With 37 blitzing or cover RB, he should be covering slot up top and that player should taking Rb or blitz.

That's great, but it's not something you run when the opponent goes 4 or 5 wide. We, on the other hand, refuse to make adjustments, and keep 3 or 4 LBs on the field, in spite of the fact that they had at least 4 WR on the field on every single play of the entire game.

Advertisement

That's great, but it's not something you run when the opponent goes 4 or 5 wide. We, on the other hand, refuse to make adjustments, and keep 3 or 4 LBs on the field, in spite of the fact that they had at least 4 WR on the field on every single play of the entire game.

They only have 3 WRs on this play so you are wrong on that.

If that's going to be our plan against Nebraska we're going to give up 100 points. They're going to spread us out and hammer us with Abdullah until we adjust. We'll just keep ******* adjusting and playing on our heels. God Dammit I hate these *****.

Advertisement
Advertisement

They only have 3 WRs on this play so you are wrong on that.

Almost every play then. It was rare they only had 3.

I get that it's our base defense. I disagree with it vehemently. Owens and McCord simply shouldn't be all the way out there. They ran it right at us for 6 yards two plays in a row from that formation and we had five men in the box. WHAT THE **** did GOlden/Dorito think was going to happen exactly?

Advertisement
Back