Someone Educate Me

First off if the young man does not take advantage of the college education then shame on him. It will pay him back for a lifetime.

I do think these young men should be able to have agents for commercial opportunities. This is the only way to get fair market value outside of the university. Let them get a car from a dealership or let them do autograph sessions. Let them make corny commercials for some stupid product for your deck in the back yard. This get the cash to the kids who the fans want to see and still have a program that fits into the NCAA title 9 agenda.

So far away from slave labor.

Advertisement
OP presupposes every football player is doomed to low paying, illiterate **** so why try to help educate them and give them a shot at lifetime employment.

It’s the worst kind of bigotry. The bigotry of low expectations.

Sure give them 50 or 100k. How long will that last without an education? You can say players should receive some form of compensation without taking a shlt on what an education and a degree can provide for a student athlete.

Sadly, a lot of youth today get positive reinforcement from some of their peers and some in their community to stay dumb, “keep it real”, and don’t bother with an education.

There are plenty of examples of Miami student athletes that came from difficult backgrounds who used the opportunity for a degree to jump start careers and lives.

Hope OP isn’t a career counselor.

I could dump that in less than a week. And I have 2 degrees. :black-eyed:

Congratulations on your only post under 4,000 sentences in your entire porsting career. Well done.

Oh! I'm sorry...aren't you the clown who claims you don't read my posts? I am trying to remember one of the names people use to describe your ilk...I've got it...LIAR! And based on your post above people also refer to you as a...STALKER!

Here's the thing...I realize you have a creepy emotional attachment to me and keep trying to get my attention, but homie don't play that game. Your screen name perfectly describes you...Tony the Perp!

Advertisement
Oh! I'm sorry...aren't you the clown who claims you don't read my posts? I am trying to remember one of the names people use to describe your ilk...I've got it...LIAR! And based on your post above people also refer to you as a...STALKER!

Here's the thing...I realize you have a creepy emotional attachment to me and keep trying to get my attention, but homie don't play that game. Your screen name perfectly describes you...Tony the Perp!

LOL you couldn’t make it two posts in a row without sniffing your own ***.

Didn’t read.

LOL you couldn’t make it two posts in a row without sniffing your own ***.

Didn’t read.

Once again you've made a misstatement...you meant to type...can't read. I have to admit that you are my first stalker, but I am terribly disappointed that my stalker has a single digit I.Q. and is a perp. For someone who claims to not be reading my posts you are clearly becoming progressively more frazzled and angry.

Once again you've made a misstatement...you meant to type...can't read. I have to admit that you are my first stalker, but I am terribly disappointed that my stalker has a single digit I.Q. and is a perp. For someone who claims to not be reading my posts you are clearly becoming progressively more frazzled and angry.

[insert wall of text]

Didn’t read.

I have said for years that if you want to put a dent in college football, you need to put in a good minor league product.

Pay kids out of high school 150k, 1-2 yr contracts. Offer health insurance, etc.

The USFL was doing great as a summer football program until they tried to challenge the NFL. Make it fun, make it exciting. let the young guys use their likeness for sponsorships.

Make a mockery of the NCAA. Say 'we dont have forced labor in our league', they can make a great living playing football AND go to a college of their choice'.

Obviously, you'll lose your top guys to the NFL, but there are plenty of young guys that want to make money out of HS.

The NFL has no interest in a product like that because for them, college is a AAA program they have to sink absolutely no money into.

Advertisement

Attachments

• IMG_20180427_221242.jpg
    IMG_20180427_221242.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 1
Advertisement
You obviously live in a liberal country lol.

Degrees mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING outside of medical, law, and other regulated fields.

Just stay in that country for me bro.

See what happens when someone without applies to a job that requires one. Even when the person is a genius it's unlikely to get them past HR in a large company. Perhaps a startup might offer if the founder can be convinced? Not saying it's right, it's just how it is.

See what happens when someone without applies to a job that requires one. Even when the person is a genius it's unlikely to get them past HR in a large company. Perhaps a startup might offer if the founder can be convinced? Not saying it's right, it's just how it is.

Big companies do and don't care about degrees. They funnel talent through universities and pick up specialized talent regardless of any education.

At least at mine.

Advertisement
Realizing we have an existing legacy system in place cemented by TV contracts, I don't think we can kill the NCAA outright and college football(I'm not trying to lose my Canes, now), but I think there can be some major reform to pay these kids.

If you are against paying the players, then you must support the current structure of all the old heads getting paid at the kids expense. Wait, the kids expense?!!? Fast forward 30 years in the future and a kid like Joe Yearby could POSSIBLY have made $100,000 for his time in college football. Enough to give him a solid foundation for his future and KID. Instead, he made big moolah for old farts sitting at the school and for the broadcasting companies.

This isn't right, man. We're slaving the kids away to pay CBS, ABC, ESPN, AND ON AND ON AND ON. Our football players also sacrifice the world to pay for obsolete jobs at UM in education. When a job gets created at a school, do you honestly think they would ever lay that person off? They operate just like a private sector business -- they will protect that job behind the broad side of the "Education Umbrella".

And dear god if you say "OH WE GIVE THEM COLLEGE DEGREES"... Just look at my grammar and then say that sh*t again. Players can't have jobs while playing football, not at big time schools.

Sorry for inducing the brain pain, but man, can someone please explain to me how slave labor is still going on????? Mike Vrabel said it best, the NCAA is running the NFL's farm system for free. Rip my eyeballs out now...

"Fast forward 30 years in the future and a kid like Joe Yearby could POSSIBLY have made $100,000 for his time in college football. Enough to give him a solid foundation for his future and KID."

Isn't that what his degree is for? Did he even graduate?

"Fast forward 30 years in the future and a kid like Joe Yearby could POSSIBLY have made $100,000 for his time in college football. Enough to give him a solid foundation for his future and KID."

Isn't that what his degree is for? Did he even graduate?

That's assuming a degree is worth something. Now, the market is quite saturated with degrees. For argements sake, it's not what it once was.

To offset this, actually compensate the athletes.

But no, he didn't graduate. But maybe Miami should adopt a policy like Wisconsin that allows athletes who turned pro early to return and get their degree on scholarship again.

Big companies do and don't care about degrees. They funnel talent through universities and pick up specialized talent regardless of any education.

At least at mine.

Again, you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Just a cursory check of any professional job sites shows Bachelor’s as a bare minimum. Or go to any Fortune 500 company’s web sites. Or just ask someone from Human Resources at these companies.

That's assuming a degree is worth something. Now, the market is quite saturated with degrees. For argements sake, it's not what it once was.

To offset this, actually compensate the athletes.

But no, he didn't graduate. But maybe Miami should adopt a policy like Wisconsin that allows athletes who turned pro early to return and get their degree on scholarship again.

So he didn't graduate and I'm supposed to feel sorry for the kid? He could've majored in anything he desired but chose to not wrap it up, have 2 kids at 19 and not take advantage of his free ride at UM. Whoops.

But yeah let's keep enabling our youth.

Advertisement
Back