Someone connected to the program - please answer

Got it... your perfect and able to sit on your high horse while ****ting on everyone else’s choices.

Him making sure he can provide and not taking the cowards way out of avoiding being a father speaks on his character

He's most likely going to have to provide for those kids by USING HIS DEGREE. The odds of him making a roster, much less consistently collecting a check from an NFL franchise are relatively low right now. I know that UMiami allows student-athletes that leave early to come back and get their degree for free, but come the F on. We all know that once most of these kids leave, few return. It was a dumb move on the part of Trajan, and anyone defending it is part of the problem.

Advertisement
This **** goes back to the 2008 MNW class that came here. Maybe even before.

Guys like Streeter and Brandon Washington has no business leaving early. Then we saw guys like Vernon miss 6 games and leave early. Armstrong missed I think 8, spoke to an agent and left early.

The cycle has continued and gotten worse with every year.

1. We need to do a better job of evaluating kids.
2. They need to redshirt kids unless they are absolute studs. Even if we have to take our lumps in the beginning it will be worth it. Freshman playing is never a good thing and kids tend to get complacent if they become starters to early.

What do evaluations & red-shirting kids have to do with kids leaving early? Streeter was red-shirted and He still left early.

Given the circumstances, the NCAA should've allowed the kids who were having second thoughts about declaring early the option to come back, they gave the Seniors a mulligan. And hopefully this virus makes the NCAA reevaluate their dumb *** early declaration rules for football, stop punishing Juniors.

There’s not much else the coaches or athletic department can do. Do you think anyone with half a brain is advising these kids to leave? It’s people in their circle looking to cash in and agent-types who tell these kids “nah, the coaches and draft advisory board are wrong, you’re better than that”. There’s also a lot of “I’m leaving after 3 years no matter what” mindset with these kids before they even enroll.

Yes, the school does let them come back to finish their degree. However a lot of academic privileges afforded to student athletes aren’t usually given to guys who are no longer eligible. We saw what happened to Joe Yearby.

One would imagine that these guys who leave early, either read, text, post, or twitter each other so that the EE's are not showing out in the Bigs (NFL), and take that as part of the decision making process.

If this is the case, why is it that they keep making the same dumb *** decisions year after year?.

The answer is, that the culture is so screwed up that they do NOT want to hang around the Gables. It seems logical too that with the Miami's record there is no incentive to stay, because they have no idea in what Miami team will show up to play.

Too many definite maybe's, and not enough confidence that a degree is worth a **** of a lot more than an extra year. It's worth your life.
**** fewer than 2 % of college athletes overall ever play professionally for any amount of time.........
A degree is with you until you die....................
Every player should be handed this information when they walk through the doors.............their lives depend on it.......

Advertisement
Why not just let NFL draft from pool of all eligible Jr/Sr?

Then those Jr athletes can decide about going or returning to school. Same with Srs who perhaps pursue grad transfer route.

Eliminate this declaration nonsense.

Advertisement
It’s one of top reasons this team has had a failure to produce quality depth and better draft picks. Kids staying for their senior and even 5th year senior years would’ve made the sanctions less painful.
There are a lot of situations and players that likely would’ve made a huge difference if they worked out different. If grace and aqm didn’t get in trouble and if Macintosh and Norton stayed for example.
There has to be something going on with this team that people on here don’t know or aren’t talking about. Talking about team cancers, something is obviously pushing these kids into failure instead of success especially with the yearly list of kids going in low rounds and as udfa.
However, millions of dudes get married every year despite is married men telling them to hold off but they still do it.
All I want for Xmas is the Clemson mk-ultra drug that makes four day one defensive lineman stay for their senior year.

Why not just let NFL draft from pool of all eligible Jr/Sr?

Then those Jr athletes can decide about going or returning to school. Same with Srs who perhaps pursue grad transfer route.

Eliminate this declaration nonsense.
I’m not 100% positive on this but in basketball you can enter the draft and as long as you don’t hire an agent, you can return to school if you’re not happy where you were drafted.

I’m not 100% positive on this but in basketball you can enter the draft and as long as you don’t hire an agent, you can return to school if you’re not happy where you were drafted.

I believe you are correct. Baseball as well.

It’s one of top reasons this team has had a failure to produce quality depth and better draft picks. Kids staying for their senior and even 5th year senior years would’ve made the sanctions less painful.

This is the main reason why we've struggle against middle of the road ACC teams in recent years. While we're constantly forced to play underclassmen to replace missing depth, the Virginias and Boston Colleges of the world are running out teams full of fourth and fifth year players. Player for player, they're not as talented but the advantage of playing a bunch of 21 and 22 year old guys who have been in the system forever and know all their assignments like the back of their hand is huge. If you're an Alabama or Clemson, you can afford to lose guys early every year because you have 4 and 5 star depth at every position so even if you're inexperienced, you're still loaded with talent everywhere. Miami doesn't have 4 and 5 start depth at every position. There's always a hole somewhere in the roster that needs to be plugged and as soon as depth is brought in at that position, there's another hole that needs to be plugged. It's like a canoe that keeps springing leaks and you're constantly trying to patch the holes.

Advertisement
The problem is much more than leaving early. DTs and Oline might benefit from the extra years because those are menfolk positions to start with. Years ago, NFL teams always said that if you didn't have a clear favorite when your time came, then draft the Cane who played your position of need. The reasoning was that Canes came our of Miami like most 3rd year players in the NFL. We were the default choice everywhere. That was a tibute to work and effort of those old players and the staff that picked and developed them.

Our kids leaving early is not what it wrong. It is the horrible coaches we have had for years now and the culture that has grown with them. Maybe it is the kids we recruit or maybe it is what we do with them. In the old days, we have more players drafted who faded in NFL after a few years. That was a factor of being better prepared not more talented. The talent evertuall caught up with them. Still they got several years of being paid about their talent level for being overachievers. The big time talent we have back then still overachieved because of work, effort and development. Some of them have the Yellow Jacket to prove it. The prefect strom came under Butch when recruiting god met staffing god and player development god in the holy trinity of Cane history.

The kids we have today could spend 10 years with our coaching staffs of the last 15 years or so and do nothing except get worse. That is not a relection on those kids or even the staffs. It is a complete failure of the University to give a crap about winning. They only care about not being hated by their little elite friends at other schools. We Cane Fans. loved being hated, the administration never did, going back to Foote and before.

"Under the new rules adopted by the NCAA's board of governors and Division I board of directors, college players are allowed to be represented by agents who are certified by the NBPA and NCAA (the agents must become NCAA-certified no later than Aug. 1, 2020) after any season, so long as they request an "evaluation from the NBA Undergraduate Advisory Committee." They must end the relationship if they return to school."

Advertisement
joe jackson and garvin were 3 and done before they stepped on campus. that mindset means you will never be totally commited.
JT had issue but i dont get Bandy leaving, like he thought because hes broke he'd get drafted out of sympathy .

theres a lot of college athletes with that mentality in football.
They just didn’t produce like we wanted them too.

This **** goes back to the 2008 MNW class that came here. Maybe even before.

Guys like Streeter and Brandon Washington has no business leaving early. Then we saw guys like Vernon miss 6 games and leave early. Armstrong missed I think 8, spoke to an agent and left early.

The cycle has continued and gotten worse with every year.

1. We need to do a better job of evaluating kids.
2. They need to redshirt kids unless they are absolute studs. Even if we have to take our lumps in the beginning it will be worth it. Freshman playing is never a good thing and kids tend to get complacent if they become starters to early.
If I’m not mistaken streeter and B wash left after RS junior seasons..I believe both actually graduated and both had been in the program 4 years..so for me that doesn’t count..Vernon definitely made the right move..Ray Ray it turns out has produced a solid NFL career..imo this **** started under golden

None of the players at UM play for free. There are many kids that would love to have the opportunity of a UM scholarship worth at least $200,000.00. Being an athlete and earning a scholarship should be cherished by these student athletes, but a lot of them blow the opportunity.
There is no other business model in America we’re this is okay..football and basketball revenues take in tooooo much money for these kids not to be compensated directly on top of that scholarship..it’s semi pro but the players aren’t even allowed to profit off their own likeness. Which makes zero sense because there a market for..ppl can go online and sell a college kids autographed memorabilia but a kid can’t have a YouTube channels lol

Advertisement
Back